Clarity

Echoes of Affection
Please log in to read the full chapter

The soft rays of the sun gently filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room as Sana slowly stirred from her slumber. Blinking her eyes open, she noticed a small figure sitting beside her bed.

 


"Good morning, Sana," a sweet voice greeted her. It was Uju, with a warm smile on his face.


"Good morning, Uju," Sana replied with a sleepy smile. "What time is it?"


Uju glanced at the clock on the wall before turning back to Sana. "It's almost lunchtime, I guess. Mom went to the grocery store to buy some ingredients for lunch," he informed her, his eyes sparkling with excitement "I said to get chocolate milk"


"Oh, I see," Sana murmured, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 
"Mom told me not to bother you since you had your night shift" Uju was shifting closer to Sana on the bed, and without hesitation, Sana opened her arms and enveloped the small figure in a her embrace. 


"I missed you Sana " he exclaimed as his face lighting up with enthusiasm looking towards Sana.
Sana couldn't help but smile at Uju's infectious energy. "I missed you too".

 


After quite of cuddling time, both made their way to the living room. As Sana busied herself in the kitchen, the familiar aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, wrapping her in a comforting embrace. With practiced ease, she measured out the coffee grounds and poured hot water into the French press, the rhythmic motions soothing her mind as she focused on the task at hand.

 


Meanwhile, in the living room, the sound of the front door opening brought a bright smile to Uju's face as he eagerly ran to greet Dahyun. Dahyun's laughter filled the apartment as she scooped Uju up into her arms. “Is Sana awake?” 

Uju enthusiastically “Yes”

 

With a satisfied nod, Sana poured herself a cup of steaming coffee and joined them in the living room. As she accepted the groceries from Dahyun's outstretched hand, Dahyun flashed her a grateful smile, their eyes meeting in a silent exchange of appreciation. Sana asked, her curiosity piqued as she inspected the contents of the grocery bag “What did you get?”


Dahyun chuckled softly from the other end "Well, let's see... I got some fruits, chocolate milk, and a few other essentials," 

As Sana sipped her coffee, a sudden craving for pancakes washed over her “Will you make pancakes for me? ”

Dahyun's eyebrows shot up in disbelief. "Pancakes? Again?" she exclaimed,

Before Dahyun could add anything, "Mom, can we make brownies later?" Uju came beside Dahyun poking her leg
"Both you, I can’t believe really….." as Dahyun looked at Sana and Uju, both of them shot a wink sweetly which Dahyun can’t stand. 
"Alright, alright, I'll make you some pancakes. But the brownies will be after lunch….Okay?" Dahyun asked to fulfill their wish. 

Uju beamed up, his eyes shining with happiness as he snuggled closer to his mom.

"Sana made the best coffee ever!" he exclaimed, his excitement palpable.

"Deabak, Sana-ya, please get me your best coffee," Dahyun exclaimed, moving towards the kitchen.


With a playful grin, Sana all jumpy followed Dahyun into the kitchen, the two of them moving in perfect harmony as they prepared breakfast together. Sana grabbed the coffee beans and grinder while Dahyun gathered the ingredients for pancakes, their movements fluid and synchronized.


As Dahyun expertly mixed the pancake batter, Sana leaned against the counter, resting her head on Dahyun's shoulder. "You know, Dahyun, you're the pancake master. I could watch you flip those things all day," she said, her voice filled with affection.


Dahyun chuckled softly"Thanks, Sana. But I th

Please log in to read the full chapter