₯₰ Of Rabbits and Pride

ТαяѲт ςαяδѕ

Jiyong continued to stare at the little green object. He prodded it, inspected it, and even led up to sniff it. You felt the rabbit growing more and more agitated at the growing wait, its white round face creasing by the second and his long floppy ears twitching with Jiyong’s every movement. As seconds ticked by, and as Jiyong showed no signs of actually opening/ activating/ squishing the green thing, the rabbit gave a frustrated sigh and turned out of the door – and came back out of a small lantern besides you. You gave a slight gasp as the rabbit was finally in front of you in full view, not upside-down on the floor…. Or, you considered, it was not the rabbit, but you and Jiyong who were the wrong way up.

 

‘Master,’ The rabbit growled. ‘Open it.’

 

Jiyong frowned. ‘No’

 

‘NOW.’ The rabbit took a threatening step towards the pouting Jiyong.

 

Jiyong looked slightly panicked at the sudden threat, but regained his composure as he set his face in defiance.

 

And shoved the green thing in his mouth.

 

Your eyes widen is shock, and the rabbit looked ready to turn the man in front of him into something unrecognizable in shape. It walked up to Jiyong and glared into his violet eyes.

 

‘Don’t you dare.’

 

Jiyong smirked, and chewed. Something that suspiciously sounded like a small scream was heard straight after. Jiyong nonchalantly chewed more, reaching into his pockets in search for something. He smiled an awkward smile at you and gave a triumphant grin as he found what he was looking for: a bottle of cinnamon spice. He ripped off the cap and poured the whole thing into his full mouth, sneezing a little as some of the powder went into his nose. You giggle as he gave a huge gulp to swallow everything in one go. He smiled sweetly.

 

‘Messenger runner beans go well with cinnamon.’ He said casually, his lips in satisfaction.

 

You smile back at him, slightly taken aback at the more… weirder side of him. Your attention is suddenly directed at the white rabbit as you saw it stretching. Jiyong took a step back as he suddenly noticed the death aura shrouding the white creature in front of him. The rabbit cracked its knuckles and kneaded the back of his neck.

 

‘Master.’ It said slowly.

 

Jiyong took another step back and nodded. ‘What..?’

 

‘You do know what-’ The rabbit was suddenly eye-level to Jiyong. ‘I’ll have to go through-’ It punched him straight across the face. ‘To-’ A kick. ‘Sort-’ Another punch. ‘This-’ Another kick. ‘OUT?!’ It slammed on the heap of magician on the floor, raising dust all over the small, circular room. You cough and close your eyes as dust covers your view.

 

You start suddenly as something furry grabbed hold of your hand. You look down to find the rabbit stalking towards the lantern – dragging you along with it. You look back to see if Jiyong is okay, but the dust was still settling, only allowing you a faint view of something black and white on the floor. You hope that the crimson leaking from the pile was the wine that Jiyong was drinking.

 

The rabbit frustratedly shoved its body into the tiny gold lantern, and you watch with amazement as your hand followed its small paws, shrinking along with it. You feel yourself stretch, and when you open your eyes, you’re on the floor of the room, still holding onto the rabbit. Just before the rabbit drags you through the small round door, you glance upwards towards the huge chandelier – And you start to seriously worry for Jiyong when the red liquid dropped from the pile to the floor.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

‘Whoa…’

 

You can only but gasp as you are met with blinding, vibrant colours as you stepped out of Le Bateleur’s house. The little green runner beans zoomed through the narrow corridor, weaving in and out of the crazy mass of wonderful things that roamed the place. You spotted a few glassy ballerina figurines, little jelly babies that seemed to be making a new building on the side of the corridor with lego bricks, mini airplanes zooming around the domed ceiling, an Elvis Presley miniature surrounded by screaming Madonna dolls, little flying giraffes cutting and sticking yellow stars on the ceiling, and… Your eyes widen and you gasp as you find two tin soldiers lying on the floor, almost unrecognizable in shape and features. You try and resist the rabbit’s grip, but it didn’t even seem to notice that you were trying to break free until you attempted to bite its paws. It looked at you strangely and sighed.

 

‘Look, Miss, I don’t have time for this…’

 

You quickly point at the two broken tin soldiers. ‘But look!! Those tin soldiers… They need help!!’ You give another feeble attempt to shake the rabbit off.

 

The rabbit take a quick glance at the tin soldiers and resume walking instantly. ‘They’ll be fine.’

 

‘B-but… They’re broken!!’

 

‘They’re only like that because their master’s a bit… similar in condition. Servants get hurt the same time as their master does – I’m an exception, obviously.’

 

You stop resisting. ‘Oh….’

 

‘Jiyong’s fine too,’ The rabbit throws you a smirk. ‘He’s just because he got beaten up in front of his girlfriend…’

 

You blush. ‘I’m not his girlfriend.’

 

'Whatever you say, Miss.'

 

 

Woo!! A new chapter once again :D I'm so proud of myself >w< I hope the chapter was pleasing for most of you ^^ Thanks for reading and comment. subscribe or whatever :D