two

Music & Lyrics (I Think I Love You)

COFFEE SHOP

The cameras were all set inside the shop, taking every good angle. They were just waiting for us to come inside. I look around to find this actress’s van but there's no sign that she's here.

Someone knocked on my front window and manager hyung rolled it down. "Are we all set?" He asked the staff who knocked.

"Yes, sir. But Junho-shi should walk from the corner up to here so it would look realistic."

"Where?" I asked joining their conversation.

He pointed the way out of the parking. It's about 3-5 meters away from my car.

"Got it. What time do we start?" I leaned over to see him.

"The director said we'll start at 10." He smiled at me and went back to his work.

I quickly check my appearance on my mirror. I look fine. Deep inside me there’s something going on inside my heart, it’s beating so loud and fast, like I felt myself shaking. I’ve never felt this way before. Meeting a person for the first made me really nervous plus the fact that I’ll work with her for weeks.

I walked out of the car and stayed on the place. The director walked near me and patted my back. “Junho-shi, it’s nice to you again.”

“Yeh.” I smiled taking his other hand for formalities. “It’s been a while.”

“Ah, yeh, yeh, so how are you guys doing?”

“We’re preparing for our next tour since we’ve finished all our comeback performances.” I politely said to him.

“I see, so let’s work hard for this, ne?”

“Oh yeah, please take care of me.” I bowed a bit. He laughed like an old man and pats my back once again and left the place.

“Director-nim, our actress was almost here.” One of the girl staff shouted.

I heard him clapped twice. “Ok, stand-by, Junho be ready, lights, roll cameras, quiet pleaseeee!”

I smiled when I heard him shout the last words. I inhaled deeply. It’s really starting.

“Action!” He shouted once again.

I started to walk to the coffee shop with a warm smile on my face. Some VJ’s were following me and stopped when I reached the coffee shop’s front door. Reporters and writers were gathered on the long couches which was a set-up for Music and Lyrics. None of M&L fans knew who the second characters are so it’s going to be really interesting on their side. I should watch this one when it’s aired. I told myself since this few-second-walk to the shop would be my introduction. They didn’t give me anything. There’s seriously nothing, no clues, no cue cards, no answers for the interviews and I don’t even know where this day would lead me.

Finally, I reached the place and bowed my head to greet the reporters. “Annyeonghassey.”

One of the oldest-reporter motioned me to sit on the couch in front of them. “Nice to meet you.” I told them. I was looking around and made my first comment. “Ah, how to do this?” An obvious awkward smile formed my lips.

“I’m really curious who would be ‘That man’ this episode.” The old guy starts his work.

“Ah, yeh, I’m even nervous right now.” I said.

“Yoon Gun and Park Shin Hye appeared last episode, right? Did you watch the broadcast?” He asked me.

“Yes, I saw it. I got nervous afterwards. Watching him play the piano and sing impromptu, I can’t do that. I’m shy and I can’t do that well.”

“Do you think that, since you’re not working with a female singer, but an actress, it’s sort of like a fantasy?” Another question was thrown for me.

I know my eyes were smiling so I think it’s enough to make me look calm on camera. “I thought that meeting between a man and woman seemed like a lot of fun. But after that, we would be a part in making the song. So I don’t know how it would turn out and to be honest I don’t have confidence.”

“Would you like to be with an older actress?” He suddenly asked me.

I don’t know how to answer it so I just laughed it out. “Even though I don’t know who it will be, I wish to create a fresh kind of feeling.”

 

MEANWHILE

-So Eun’s POV-

I was asked to come a little later, they said it’s part of M&L introductions for ‘That Woman’. A cameraman from the show was starting to film on our way to the set. There are some written questions on the white board and I just need to answer them wholeheartedly.

“Okay, start.” The writer said.

I nodded, as soon as I see the red light from the camera that indicates that it was already recording, my famous innocent and cute side came out.

“Since it’s my first time, I hope it’s a person who is more of an expert…”

The girl pointed the number two question.

“I hope it’s a little friend.” I chuckled as if someone is tickling me. “I want to hear someone call me ‘noona’”. I almost whispered the last word so I had to say it loud again. “Noona.” I giggled once more.

I saw the grin on the writer’s face, forgetting that I was being filmed so I asked her. “Who will it be? Who is it?” I tilted my head as if convincing her to tell me. “Who is it?”

In just a few seconds I felt the van stopped to see we’re already on the set. I made my way and found the reporters along with ‘That Man’ whose back was facing so I don’t know who he was.

“You must have thought of an actress. Like ‘if it was her, it would be great’”. I heard reporter Park asked him.

They didn’t greet me knowing others know who am I so I sat at back of the guy, deciding to listen first especially when I heard the question. I heard a deep breath instead of answering.

“Do you have an ideal type out of the actresses?” I heard a girl’s voice.

“But my ideal type is a foreigner.” I heard him answered. Somehow, it made me disappointed for some reason.

He was laughing, “ah, I’m very shameless. Scarlett Johansson.”

‘Oh what should I do with this…Scarlett Johansson and I are complete opposites. Should I wear a ier outfit?’ I thought in my head, laughing at his confession.

“If the actress can’t sing at all, will you tell her to rap?” The girl asked another question that brought embarrassment to me but I just smiled as if saying. ‘I’m so sorry I really can’t sing.’

“If that happens then I would just use JiYoung hyung’s method… go in the recording studio and just keep on teaching her.”

I covered my face shamefully.

“Anyways, I think the actress heard us talk about her. She’s behind you.”

I heard them said as a sign that I should join now. He stood up and faces me. It gave a shock at first. It was Lee Junho from 2PM.

“Anngyeonghasseyo!” He greeted me shyly. “I’m Lee Junho.”

I chuckled and bowed a bit. “Ye, I’m Kim So Eun.”

‘His smile was very beautiful’

“Her face was really red!” I heard Mr. Park commented that made me laugh and fan my face and sit on the couch.

He sat down leaving a space between us. “You don’t need such big space between the two of you…” The girl commented. “It looks too awkward.”

‘It is!’ I want to say out loud.

“Oh, aniyo, I warmed the seat so…please sit.” He said so I moved a little near him.

“He said his ideal type was Scarlett Johansson.” It was brought up that made us laugh a little.

“Oh ottoke? I’m not like that.” I said lowering my head a bit.

“Aniyo, it’s not like that…”

“Ah, you two should look at each other while talking.” Laughter’s filled the room again.

“In front of so many people, how can I look straight at her?” He explained in panic.

An awkward silence filled the place after that. “You didn’t expect this at all?”

“Ah, yes…” He simply answered. “We’re of the same age so…” He was nodding.

“Junho is 90-er while she is 89-er.” The other girl commented.

“If she’s generous, we should be friends.”

“Ohh, what am I going to do? I’m not very generous.” I said to make everyone laugh.

“I have to call her noona then!” He said.

“So Eun are you satisfied?”

“I was completely surprised.” It was the truth.

“Then So Eun, who is your favorite boy group?”

I was caught, I wanted to answer some other group but I took a glance at him, “Oh it’s 2PM!” I answered and laugh in shame.

“Then your favorite member is?”

 

-Junho’s POV-

I glance at her when she seemed so speechless. “Just say any names you want it’s going to be okay.” I said laughing a bit so it would make her comfortable. The other side of me was begging her, ‘please say my name’.

“Junho have you seen So Eun on TV?”

“Oh, geuromyo, BOYS OVER FLOWERS.”

“What do you think of her then?”

‘She’s very bright and beautiful.’ That’s what I wanted to tell them. “She’s right beside me…” I chuckled.

She covered her ears, “Please say it.”

Without even looking at her I said. “I thought she was really fresh and pretty.”

“Kamsahamnidda!” She bowed her head. “Oh, my little sister was a big fan.” She said looking at me.

I smiled and shaking my head. “Ah, jinja.”

“Yeh, she tells me every day that he’s cool.”

“But it’s not her.” I said to the reporters.

“On one side, working on a song together can be very romantic. Is there anything you would rely on him?”

“On Junho?” She asks. “Leadership?” She chuckled and fixes her hair. “I think he will take a big part on this.”

 

“Ye, I understand.” I smiled nodding. ‘She seemed so conscious.’