Follow me

An undreamy dream

Chapter 4 – Follow me

 

“So where we’re heading to?” I asked curiously.

 

He just kept walking forward, without even bothering to turn around to face me.

 

“Somewhere.”

 

Jeez.

 

Since he wasn’t answering, I thought I could just check out where I’ve fallen from.

 

My first logical reasoning was: from the sky.

 

And that must probably be the most logical answer from all the possible answer I had thought of.

 

Looking at the clouds above me, it almost looked like cotton-candy…

 

I wonder if the clouds were made from cotton-candy…

 

That would have explain the “mist” I ate…

 

Sweet, fluffy and soft…

 

“Erm, the “mist” is cotton candy~” Jonghyun stated suddenly.

 

OMG, did he read my mind?!

 

He suddenly stopped.

 

“And I’m not reading your mind,” he rolled his eyes in an as-a-matter-of-factly way, “it’s just that you’re talking to yourself.”

 

Oh.

 

Okay.

 

Along the way, I saw a few colorful plants and stopped to stare at it.

 

“Everything here is edible, well, except for me of course~” he joked.

 

Uhuh.

 

I grasped a handful of grass, considering to whether to call it “grass” or not since it’s transparent with a light tinge of green.

 

Hoping what Jonghyun said was true, I stuffed the handful of grass into my mouth.

 

Hmm…

 

It is mint! I gleefully plucked a few handful of 'grass' more and stuffed into my mouth.

 

“Don’t stuff yourself first. We’re almost there already.” He informed.

 

“Huh?” I asked, unclear about what he meant.

 

The next thing I knew, well… I don’t know what I know…

 

Because what I saw doesn’t make sense at all.

 

Lollipop trees, fountains squirting hot chocolate, colorful grasses, transparent azure dew on “leaves”, and a playground made of candy canes and last of all…

 

A house made from sweets…?

 

Gawd, I must have been knocked out cold and still being in a dream…

 

“Hello! You must be a stranger! If you ask me why I called you a stranger well that’s because I’ve never seen you before but my leader said not to talk… to strangers… oops… Then I guess I’ll be going! Bye stranger!” another familiar face popped in front of me but shortly disappeared after saying his sentence without pausing.

 

What just happened?

 

Well… That really looks like Tae-

 

“YAH!! TAEMIN!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!?!” Jonghyun yelled after the running figure.

 

Oh.

 

Okay.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I MUST BE IN A DREAM HAHAHAHAHA.

 

Taemin slowly turned to face both of us.

 

“Huh? Going back of course!” he said while looking at Jonghyun like there are four eyes on his face.

 

“Aren’t you going to say hi to… emm… what is your name?” Jonghyun asked me.

 

“Jeez, hyung!! You’ve been with her for so long yet you don’t even know her name? How could you?! I’m going to tell leader that you are baaaaaaaaaad!!” Taemin whined, in result Jonghyun pinching his ears.

 

“Listen, I’m not bad kay? I just saw her a while ago and she was the one that wants to follow me anyway~ it’s her choice, so why would I become the bad guy?” Jonghyun hissed.

 

They must have noticed me staring at them weirdly, so they quickly turned to me and smiled broadly.

 

“Heheh, could you just excuse us for a moment?” Jonghyun said as he pulled whining Taemin into the candy house.

 

Okay…

 

So much for good hospitality. I sighed, standing there looking at their retreating backs.

 

Feeling that I shouldn’t just stand and do nothing, I decided to follow them into the candy house.

 

Before I entered, I observed the house closely.

 

Wow, the windows are made from shiny transparent sweets~

 

I stared at my own reflection and saw a shadow behind me.

 

Before I could react or turn around to see who or what was behind me, something grabbed me from behind and pulled a sack over me.

 

I screamed frantically, desperately hoping that Jonghyun or Taemin inside would hear me.

 

Then a knock on my head made me quiet for a moment as I became unconscious.