Tao and Yixing: We've Got That Good Good

That Good Good

Epilogue: Some months later…

“Xing!” Tao shouts through the open door between his seat at his bedroom desk and the kitchen where his boyfriend is grabbing a snack. “The video’s up!” There’s a clattering sound that Tao hopes isn’t anything fragile falling to its death on the tiled kitchen floor, and soon Yixing is rushing into the room to slot his chin onto Tao’s shoulder in anticipation.

“Well,” he prods impatiently, “let’s watch it then!”

Tao laughs—Yixing’s never been big on delayed gratification—but dutifully pushes play like the good boyfriend he is and doesn’t complain when Yixing’s fingers curl frantically into his forearm either. They’re both nervous so the familiar backdrop of Sehun’s personal studio is a comfort; Yixing even laughs aloud when his best friend’s boyfriend’s face pops into the screen out of seemingly nowhere. The angle’s vaguely unattractive and the shot’s a little too close for comfort, but the fans probably eat it up—just like Yixing and Tao do.

“Hello everyone!” Sehun says after a half bow of greeting. His voice is cheerful, happy even, but other than the slightly more pronounced crinkles of laughter around his eyes the dancer’s expression remains as impassive as ever. “I know some of you are concerned about me and Lu’s relationship,” he continues his introduction, “but we’re still going strong. No need to worry!”

Yixing says that he’s glad Sehun’s dealing with that issue right off the bat; there were very few seconds between Luhan accidentally setting his relationship status to “Single” and him correcting it to “Private,” but Yixing distinctly remembers his friend’s distress that Sehun would think they were breaking up the same way they got together—impersonally and over SNS.

“My boyfriend’s just a little hopeless when it comes to technology is all,” Sehun summarizes the story in one sentence, his mouth quirking a little to the side in an affectionate grin. Yixing hears the “Jerk!” in the background because he knows to listen for it, but Tao hadn’t known Luhan was going to Korea over summer break and shrieks in surprise when the Chinese boy’s face appears next to Sehun’s on the screen.

“I am not hopeless!” Luhan whines back, smacking Sehun’s arm playfully before turning toward the camera for a bow of his own. “It’s nice to meet everyone. You all probably already know this but I’m Luhan.”

“My boyfriend!” Sehun interrupts with poorly concealed glee. He puts the shorter male into a headlock and when Luhan growls cutely in faux anger, Sehun pecks the top of his boyfriend’s head and smiles winningly at the viewers. “He is very cute, huh?” he repeats his words from that fateful dance cover when he first acknowledged his and Luhan’s relationship. Yixing knows without looking at the comments that the parallelism won’t be lost on Sehun’s fans; Tao’s groan of “Just like before! Ugh, why are they so adorable together?!” makes it obvious enough.

Luhan’s blush is indeed quite adorable, and it’s clear that Sehun finds his boyfriend absolutely captivating because it takes him a moment to tear his gaze from Luhan’s face and return his attention to the video. He coughs, awkwardly, and apologizes to the viewers for being a sap, then introduces the real point of the video and the true reason Tao and Yixing are so excited to watch it.

“For today’s cover,” Sehun remarks as he returns to business, “I’ve asked a few friends to sing for you while I dance and Lu films it. This song is pretty special to us,” he adds, pulling Luhan close again, “because it’s by the same guy who wrote the song I used in our one month anniversary video.”

“Yixing-ah,” Luhan shouts in excitement, “Congrats!”

Those are the last words either of them speaks until Sehun’s finished dancing, but when Chen and Xiumin of the boy band EXO appear on-screen, Luhan doesn’t have to verbally coo over their entwined hands for everyone to tell how sweet he thinks they are. Without ever separating their hands, the two idols introduce themselves and bow as well, then tell the viewers how much of a privilege to guest on Sehun-ssi’s channel while singing one of Yixing-ssi’s awesome compositions.

“’Everytime’ is part of the OST for Descendents of the Sun,” Xiumin reminds proudly, and Tao plants a congratulatory kiss on Yixing’s lips for coming so far in such a short time. Yixing accepts happily but turns his attention back to the screen in time to hear Xiumin say, “Please be sure to watch the drama, purchase the soundtrack, and continue to support EXO, Sehun-ssi, and Yixing-ssi in our work!”

“And us,” Chen tacks on at the end of Xiumin’s spiel. “You’ve been so positive about Sehun and Luhan’s dating news. I hope you will treat mine and Min’s well too!” Xiumin’s face turns a bright red at that and when Chen pecks his newly-revealed boyfriend’s cheek they’re both shy but so obviously happy too.

Luhan can be heard “aw”-ing from where he’s gone back behind the camera, and Sehun, poised to begin in the middle of the room, shoots his boyfriend a look—that everyone watching the video also sees—and then winks. Xiumin, who’s standing impossibly close to Chen and staring at him with bashful rapture, opens his mouth and starts to sing.

“Oh, everytime I see you,” he belts out the opening lyrics effortlessly and it’s clear who he’s singing to. Sehun moves his body with equal fluidity and focus, his gaze pinned to someone unseen—but not at all unknown. Yixing imagines that Luhan’s inner fangirl is probably freaking out, but the part of him that’s still learning to love Sehun is probably melting too.

“You know,” Yixing tells his boyfriend after the video ends and all four of the men present bowed again, this time in thanks and goodbye, “I wrote that song for you.”

Tao smiles and pulls Yixing into his lap. The moment is all kinds of cheesy but Tao’s feeling romantically inspired and doesn’t hesitate to shower his boyfriend’s face in kisses. “I know,” he tells Yixing. “I always have.”

I threw in some ChenMin for you hungry shippers as a goodbye and a thank you present! Again, I appreciate all the love and support this story has gotten. Please continue to treat me so well in the future! *bows and blows kisses* <3