Luhan and Sehun: I Can Take You High (Wo Hui Rang Ni High)

That Good Good

Luhan doesn't know what to do—doesn't know what to say—so he runs, hiding behind his best friend like Yixing is some shield-carrying vassal from the Ming dynasty. He catches Sehun's piercing glare from behind Yixing's shoulder and flinches noticeably.

"See," he whispers dejectedly into his best friend's ear, "I told you he didn't want me."

Yixing shakes his head—Sehun looks pretty angry, but still, it can't be true—and the Korean dancer takes a jolting step forward, hand outstretched and mouth open in protest. Luhan, though, flinches again, this time taking a step backward as he does so and falling hard to the ground as a result.

"Luhan!" Sehun's shout is loud and panicked, and the pink haired boy is pleasantly surprised by the urgency he hears in his boyfriend's voice. "Are you alright?"

Like the traitor his is, Yixing steps aside to clear Sehun's path, thereby allowing the taller man direct access to rush to Luhan's side. Luhan, for his part, is thoroughly embarrassed, and the blush that tinges his cheeks as Sehun reaches him is almost the same cotton-candy color as his hair.

"Are you alright?" Sehun asks again, this time from a crouching position as he stretches out a hand to pull Luhan up. When Luhan nods slowly, startled to realize that his boyfriend is speaking Mandarin—and not too badly either—Sehun surprises them both by pulling Luhan into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry if I scared you," he apologizes into Luhan's pink hair, pressing a chaste kiss against Luhan's forehead.

Luhan feels like his entire body is blushing at this point, but he manages to stutter "Oh, no, I mean, I was just, you know, surprised to see you." He pulls away as soon as Sehun lets him, and takes a subconscious step toward the protectively comfortable presence of his best friend.

Sehun sees this and sighs; he'd known there was something between them from the first moment he creeped on Luhan's SNS page. He's not expecting it, then, when Luhan raises a hand in Yixing's direction and introduces nonchalantly, "This is my best friend, Zhang Yixing. I think his boyfriend, Tao, gave you directions."

Sehun looks confused, so Luhan tries elaborating. "Tall," he gestures as he speaks. "Dark eye bags like a panda."

"A little too skinny and kind of scary in an unexpected way?" Sehun finishes the description like its a question, and Luhan confirms with an excited "Exactly!" while Yixing just grumbles under his breath that his best friend is a jerk.

"But I thought," Sehun starts sheepishly, taking a step forward to converse better with his shorter boyfriend. He doesn't finish and Luhan raises a curious eyebrow. "On your SNS information," Sehun adds. "Dating history."

Yixing barks out a laugh that Sehun thinks is both too amused and entirely uncalled for. Luhan just smiles like he's guilty for some reason and Sehun wonders why.

"Oh that!" Yixing's still laughing, and if Sehun's curiousity didn't outweigh his annoyance, he'd probably have snapped by now. As it is, Sehun remains silent and tries his best to be patient while waiting for Luhan to explain.

"You're my first real boyfriend," Luhan admits with a shy smile and a blush that has now reached his ears. Sehun thinks it's cute and doesn't mention that Luhan's technically Sehun's first real boyfriend, too. "But on SNS it's okay to fudge the truth a little, don't you think?" He asks Yixing for conspiratorial confirmation, but his best friend just shrugs. "Anyway," Luhan continues with a dramatic eye roll, "Xing-Xing and I decided to be each other's mutual ex so that we didn't look so pathetic for being single."

"Except I'm happily dating Tao now," Yixing interjects, "so really the only pathetic one here is you, Lu-Lu."

His words are accompanied by a childish sticking out of the tongue, and Luhan replies with a swat at Yixing's chest. "Yeah, well, my boyfriend's famous," he says too.

"You barely know each other," Yixing bickers back, and it's clear to Sehun that the two friends have very nearly forgotten his existence.

"Tao's younger than you, you paedo," is Luhan's response.

"By a year!" Yixing gasps indignantly. He smirks smugly then and adds with a victorious finish, "Kris-ge was at least two."

"Who?" Sehun picks this point of their argument to interrupt, partly because he's really interested in Luhan's romantic history and partly because he thinks those two would bicker all night if he let them. He watches with interest as Luhan buries his face in his hands in embarrassment and Yixing chuckles cheerfully, pleased to have won.

"His first crush," Yixing offers Sehun helpfully.

"Why so embarrassed, Lu-Lu," Sehun asks, his voice teasing as he adopts the nickname from Yixing. "First crushes don't really matter to me. Not since I'll be your last."

He winks, powerfully, and Luhan swoons so hard that Yixing's forces to catch him.