A New Venture

Skyline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: A New Venture

 

The chandelier that illuminates the area is tantalizing as it shimmers under a massive crowd of elites. All are wearing long gowns and tuxedos as they converse with negotiation, currency, stocks and funds. Kai is never fond of this talk as he curses everything in his mind, letting himself getting accustomed to it even if he doesn’t want to. He drank his punch at the tip of his lips as he roamed around his sight at the huge circular platform where everyone is doing their own work. The fit of his tuxedo is annoying him since the sleeves are way too shorter than his arms and the collar is almost choking him, making him grunt more.

When he spotted his date for the night, she was being introduced by her parents to some influential people, which really didn’t surprise him one bit since he, himself, is too immune with that kind of set-up. It infuriates him that even if he’s out of his league, he’s still chained to this kind of arrangement due to his girlfriend’s status.

As he was about to let out his nth time to groan, Krystal signaled him as she raises her point finger, telling him to wait in just a minute. An exasperated sigh went out on his lips for it was also the nth time Krystal gave him that signal. Being bored as he is, he went where his feet lead him to and reached a dimly lit balcony that made him breathe after an hour of pretending ‘Mr. Decent’.

He pulled out the collar of his tie and removed his coat that was owned by Krystal’s old brother in his disbelief, making him breathe comfortably with a tinted arrogant smile on his face.

His phone rang and saw Baekhyun’s calling ID on his screen and immediately pressed the call button.

“What’s up lover boy? Enjoying the party?” Baekhyun snickered.

The other line was too loud with a mixture of heavy bass, banging music and people howling. Kai cannot help but to feel the itchiness to just ditch the boring event and join his friends at the bar of a hotel that Baekhyun’s family owns.

“Yeah, can you hear how loud it is in here?” Kai muttered with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

“Ahhh, actually yes. I can hear how loud the twigs are swaying and dude, I can hear the orchestra. , there’s an orchestra!” Baekhyun can’t help but to laugh at the other line, trying to tick Kai off.

“Shut up. Just don’t leave there yet!”

“Okay, okay. I’ll just tell the guys to wait more. But seriously, my mom is even in there. How could a 20-year-old Kai even stand being in there? Are you into old ladies now?”

“Wait for me to get a hold of you; I swear I’ll punch the devil out of that small body.” Kai answered as he spotted a bench in the corner where a kid, maybe 5 or 6 years old playing with his portable console.

A loud howl of laughter was heard from the other line before Baekhyun’s voice came back. “Well I don’t know but that’s what it pretty seems to me.”

In his annoyance of his good friend and before his voice came back, he pressed the end button without even saying bye and immediately walked towards the kid.

“Hey there, kiddo.” Kai said as he went beside him and gave his juvenile smile.

The kid just stared at him in a brief moment and looked back again to his PSP.

Kai finds the kid very cute and assumes that the kid is actually rich for he is at the party. He pictures himself to the lad and actually felt sorry for him. He scooted closer and peeked at what he’s playing and to his surprise, it’s the game that he and Sehun is playing these days.

He watched the kid grunt in disappointment for he cannot win over the computer opponent.

Kai laughed heartily.

“Do you want to see how it’s played?” He asked enthusiastically as the kid stood up and gave him a toothless smile,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter