Family Reunion

Life as an Idol’s Sister is Never Boring [BEING RE-WRITTEN]

 

Your Room One Week Later

Today was the moment of truth. You had behaved yourself all week, for the most part anyways. You slowly reached up and undid the strap of your sling. You rolled your shoulders and moved your arms in every possible way you could think of.

“Success!” There was only a little stiffness left. You still had to pass one more test though before you celebrated. You walked over to your iPod dock and scrolled down until you found the song you were looking for.

2NE1’s “fire” blared through your speakers. ~Eh-Eh-Eh-Eh-Eh-EH-Eh 2ne1, Eh-Eh-Eh-Eh-Eh-EH-Eh it’s time to ring the alarm~ You executed every move perfectly from each chest pop to the arm wave. You were so excited you danced around your room in your panda pajamas until your Aunt called you down for breakfast.

You quickly changed your clothes and headed downstairs. You sat down in your usual seat at the kitchen table and noticed an unopened envelope in front of you.

“What’s this?”

Your aunt turned away from the stove to see what you were talking about. “Oh that! I don’t know sweetie. It just came in the mail this morning.”

“Well that was helpful thanks” you said sarcastically.

Your aunt smiled at you “You’re welcome honey.”

You sometimes wondered if your aunt had a symphony playing in her head all day long that constantly distracted her from the real world. You flipped the packet over and read the return address.

S.M. Entertainment Talent Division
521 Apkujung 2-dong Kangnam-ku,
Seoul, South Korea

You ripped open the envelope and dumped out the contents on the table. You grabbed the letter on top and began to read.

 

Dear Song Melody,

Congratulations on your acceptance as a trainee at SM Entertainment. Enclosed are a few necessary forms you must fill out and bring with you on the first day of practice. There is also a booklet containing company rules and regulations you must read. Lastly you will find your company card that allows you to access most of the facilities in the main building.

We look forward to seeing you.

Lee Jong-in

CEO of S.M. entertainment

You tore through the contents until you found your ID card. You snatched it up and sprinted back up to your room completely forgetting about breakfast. You grabbed your phone and texted Hara and IU.

******Check your mail! :)********

You bounced up and down on your bed waiting for their replies. Hara replied back first.

*********I got in! ;D*********

IU responded shortly after.

********I can’t believe I passed! Hurray!!!!!!! XD*********

You smiled and sent them a reply.

**********ME TOO!!!! See you on Monday! Fighting!!!!***********

You then snapped a picture of your ID card and sent it to your brother. Along with a message…

**********In your face bro! ; p*************

You sat down in front of your laptop and began to type up a list of all the things you needed to do before Monday.

1.       Get your hair trimmed

2.       Buy a couple pairs of indoor slippers (fun colors)

3.       Re-water proof your Jeremy Scott shoes

4.       Pick up some painkiller patches (the stick on kind)

5.       Figure out the fastest route to SMent

Ughh… there was just too much to do. All of a sudden your phone beeped. You flipped it open to find a new message from Yoochun-oppa.

**********Brat! Don’t forget we have to pick up mom from the airport today.************

You groaned out loud “Ahhh I completely forgot… now I have even less time to get everything done”

You took a deep breath “Well I better not waste any time then.”

You grabbed a piece of toast on your way out the door with a quick wave to your aunt before she could stop you. You met IU at the market and began to work your way down your to do list. It was almost suppertime when you finished. You had a blast exploring the street life with IU, but you had to meet your brother to pick up your mom.

Seoul International Airport

“Omma!!!”

Your mom smothered you in a big hug “Oh my baby… I missed you!”

“Omma you saw me just last week. You haven’t seen Oppa in over a year”

“Bah! Yoochun who? That boy never calls me. You’re my baby” she said.

You looked at Yoochun and stuck out your tongue “Hah Oppa take that! Mom likes me better!”

“Whatever you little chipmunk” Yoochun teased.

You punched him lightly in the arm. “Hey I told you not to call me that! I already lost my baby fat that’s no fair. I don’t look like a chipmunk anymore”

He laughed at you. “So are you finally admitting that you did look like a chipmunk?”

You grabbed your mom’s arm “Ommaaa… Oppa is making fun of me make him stop” you whined and gave her a pout.

“Micky Yoochun stop teasing your sister this instant!” she scolded him.

Yoochun started to protest “but Omma…”

“Don’t you start with me young man. I’ve had an extremely long flight. Plus you aren’t nearly as good at whining as your sister so you might as well give up now and save some face.”

She turned to the both of you and grabbed your elbows leading you towards the parking garage. “Let’s go eat some meat huh? My treat.”

You and Yoochun looked at each other “Hurrayyyy!”

If there was one thing you guys could agree on it was that you never turned down free meat.

Restaurant.

“So what have you been up to while I was gone?” you mom asked.

You’re brother just couldn’t keep his mouth shut “yes Melody what have you been up to?”

You glared at him “Nothing much Omma. You know the usual… shopping, made some friends, auditioned for SMent. Nothing big”

“Oh that’s nice dear…” she said distractedly. You thought you got away with it until she spit her drink all over the waiter.

You winced when she turned to look at you. “You what?!”

“Umm made some friends…”

“You know that’s not what I’m asking you about young lady. The last part. What did you say?” she said dangerously. I guess you and your brother both owed your temperament to your mom.

You looked at her sheepishly. “Oh you mean the part about me auditioning for Oppa’s entertainment company.” You looked at Yoochun-oppa for some help, but he pretended not to see. He was so dead when you got him alone.

“It’s really not a big deal Omma. You already knew I wanted to pursue a career in music”

She shook her head in exasperation. “I know but you are only 16. I wasn’t expecting to lose both of my children to the entertainment world so soon.”

You reached across the table and grabbed her hands in yours. “You aren’t losing me Omma, I’ll just be a little farther away is all.”

She looked at you with a serious expression “are you sure this is what you want?”

“More than anything” you whispered.

“Ok.”

You were completely surprised. “Huh?”

“I said ok. You can do it.”

“Really Omma?”

“I already said ok. Don’t make me take it back” she threatened.

You leaped across the table and gave her a big hug “You’re the best Omma!”

She gave you a haughty smile “I know I am. Now bring on the meat I’m starving.”

You hadn’t laughed so much during a meal in a long time. It was nice to have your family back together in one place. As you tried to scoop up the last few bites of dessert, your brother handed you a small box.

“Oppa, what’s this for?”

Yoochun grinned. “It’s a little congratulation gift for passing the audition.”

You ripped the box apart and stared down at the contents. There were 3 backstage passes to 2NE1’s ‘Nolza’ concert the following weekend. You stared at him in awe.

“Oppa I wouldn’t call this a ‘little’ gift.”

“They weren’t that difficult to get my hands on. One of my friends from my trainee days is a backup dancer for them.” He explained.

“Did I ever tell you how much I love you Oppa” you squealed.

“Not lately” he teased.

You grabbed him up in a big hug and he swung you around in circles like when you were little. “I love you oppa” you whispered into his ear.

“I love you too chipmunk”

 

 

 

Yay!!!!!!! Chapter 25. Can't believe how much I've written so far. It's official you are now a trainee at SMent, I look forward to all the new adventures you are going to have. :) Please let me know what you think so far

 

Here is a link to the song "Fire by 2NE1" 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49AfuuRbgGo