Dirty Jobs

Necklace of Regrets

-Creak-

"Damn door.." Taeyeon hissed, kicking the door a little as she walked into the dark living room, only to see two pairs of eyes staring back at her.

"You're back." the taller one said while the shorter one trotted over and brushed against Taeyeon.

"Mew~" Yurin purred as it nudged Taeyeon's leg before jumping back on the couch with Yuri.

"You're back." Yuri repeated as she flicked a switch and the lights .

"Y-yeah.." Taeyeon stuttered as she glanced at the clock.

"1:14..." she said in her head.

"What're you doing up so late?" Taeyeon asked out of curiosity.

Yuri gave a small shrug and pointed to Yurin who was sleeping soundly.

"This kid was scratching the door and keeping me awake. What about you? You just walked off after you recovered from that stomach ache of yours." Yuri stated bluntly, folding her arms and expecting an explanation from Taeyeon.

"I..."

Taeyeon didn't know what to say; her mind was still clouded with thoughts from Tiffany's glacial attitude towards her.Yuri gave a small smirk and slowly provoked Taeyeon.

"What's the matter? Tiffany got your tongue?" Yuri taunted.

"I.."

"She's angry at you because you can't let go of the past. Right?" Yuri asked, moving closer to Taeyeon.

"..You already know that..." Taeyeon mumbled, her hands slowly balled into fists.

Knowing her scheme was working, Yuri decided to plunge her blade of words deeper into Taeyeon.

"You know she's gone." Yuri said, smiling inwardly as she saw Taeyeon's expression harden and her hands fully curled into fists.

"You know it, Taeyeon." Yuri said, jabbing her finger at Taeyeon's shoulder, doubling the pain that Taeyeon was feeling.

"You're hurting Tiffany, you know? Wake up Taeyeon!" Yuri yelled, pushing Taeyeon back, causing her to stumble a few steps.

"...You don't know anything.." Taeyeon mumbled.

Yuri let out a laugh of disbelief.

"Tell me, what do I not know? Tell me, Kim Taeyeon! You're not accepting the facts here! Do I need to spell it out for you, Miss Kim?" Yuri asked sarcastically.

".... Shut up.." Taeyeon growled.

"Shut up? Shut up?! Aww hell no! Kim Taeyeon, you'd better come to your senses right now! You seriously need me to spell it out for you, don't you?" Yuri asked, pushing Taeyeon hard, causing her to slam into the door with a loud thud, waking Yurin up.

"Hara is dead!" Yuri shouted, staring straight into Taeyeon's eyes ,"Get over it! If you don't, the only person you'll be hurting is Tiffany!"

The anger that had been building inside of Taeyeon exploded as her eyes widened and she glared back at Yuri, her eyes sparkling with tears. With one hard push, Taeyeon pushed Yuri back and she started her assault.

"What makes you think I don't wanna let go? What makes you think that Tiffany is the only one getting hurt? What makes you think that you know ANYTHING about what I wanted and intended to do?! You don't even know what happened that day!" Taeyeon yelled, throwing a punch at Yuri.

Surprisingly, Yuri, took the blow head on.

"Tell me then." Yuri said, bearing the pain of Taeyeon's fist on her forehead.

The sharp pain in Taeyeon's palm started to make her sober and she released her fist and saw that her fingernails had dug too deep into her flesh, leaving small cuts in her palm. Her temper subsided and after a while she calmly told Yuri what had happened.

"Ever since Hara died, I've always kept her things in a box in the corner of my old apartment where I wouldn't see it. The only time when I actually took them out was when I moved into my new home. I thought that since there was a spare room, I could use it to put Hara's stuff. But ever since then, I've never.. Opened that door. I didn't want to see that picture.. Not to mention the words engraved behind the frame. But Tiffany.. the moment I saw her inside the room, holding that picture.. My emotions.. they just ran out of control and I just.. burst out in front of her."

Taeyeon's voice was steadily getting shaky and unstable as she continued.

"I.. didn't want to..shout.. I-I couldn't c-c-control m-myself.. The..pain..I..I.." Taeyeon's knees buckled and she sank to the floor and broke down, her tears overflowing and dripping all over.

"That's it.. Let it out.." Yuri said, patting Taeyeon's back gently, causing the shorter girl to crumble and cry even harder.

"I..Fany.. Didn't mean to.. I..I.. Hara..Let her go.. Memories..Painful.." Taeyeon spoke in short pausing as she continued to sob and whimper while Yuri held onto her.

"Araso.. Just cry it all out buddy.." Yuri encouraged, patting Taeyeon's head and making the girl wail even louder.

"Just let it all out.."

 

 

 

 

 


"Fany~ Can we take a break? I've been at this for hours.. And I don't see what's the need of cutting firewood when there's a thermostat in the house." Taeyeon whined as she swung the axe down on the large plank of wood and chopped it into two while Tiffany sat on a chair, enjoying a glass of lemonade.

"Just do as I say, Kim Taeyeon." Tiffany replied as she sipped her drink ,"We need to get this old couple to tell us more, and they told us to help them, so we have to. Now get back to work!" she ended off harshly.

"Araso." Taeyeon sighed as she continued to chop firewood.

"Lazy bum.." Tiffany said in her mind as she glared at Taeyeon through her sunglasses.

"Miss Tiffany!" an old raspy voice said from behind.

Tiffany spun around in the direction of the voice and smiled as the old man came over and whispered something in her ear.

"Sure, we'll be happy to help!" Tiffany smiled as she helped the old man back into the house before coming back to Taeyeon.

"Tae, enough!" Tiffany shouted in a commanding tone.

Taeyeon immediatly let the axe drop tothe floor as she slumped over the small tree stump and lay there, taking a break.

"Did I say that you could take a break?" Tiffany growled lowly, pulling Taeyeon up by the collar and dragging her to her feet.

"Yah! Tiffany! Where're we going?" Taeyeon asked as she saw Tiffany drag her into a building, though she couldn't quite see what building it was since she only managed to get to her feet when they were in the building.

A strong smell hit her and Taeyeon immediatly knew something wasn't right.

"What's that..putrid..smell?!" she yelled inside her head as she held her nose.

All around her, Taeyeon saw nothing but darkness as they walked into the entrance of the building. The floors were filled with hay and some dried leaves as Tiffany walked to a corner of the building and flicked a switch.

Immediatly, Taeyeon knew what the building was. It was a farmhouse.

Casually, Tiffany threw a pair of gloves and bucket and a large broom to Taeyeon. "You'll be needing this." Tiffany said as she pointed to the line of stables.

"W-what's that?" Taeyeon asked, pointing at the green-brown substance on the floor.

"Oh. Poop." Tiffany said, her face distorting for a moment before she calmly walked out.

"Wait wait wait.. aren't we doing this together?" Taeyeon asked worriedly as she held onto Tiffany's arm.

Tiffany quickly yanked her hand away and raised an eyebrow at Taeyeon. "Since when did that happen?" she asked, letting a small smirk play momentarily on her lips before she quickly strided out.

"Remember~ We'll need to get them to talk!~ Just tell me when you're done! I have one last thing for you to do!" Tiffany yelled as she waved goodbye to Taeyeon.

"Tiffany! Tiffany! WAIT!" Taeyeon yelled, but Tiffany had already disappeared back into the house, leaving Taeyeon alone with the smelly stables.

Gulping down a large mouthful of saliva, Taeyeon closed her eyes and gave in to her fate as she the rusty old hose.

Not knowing that the hose was a little wild, Taeyeon ended up getting soaked by the water which sprayed out from a few holes in the hose. "AH! ACK ! NO! ! SOMEONE STOP THAT THING! BWEH!!" Taeyeon yelled as she fought with the water.

The chickens in their coops on the second floor looked down curiously at the weird lady downstairs for a few minutes each before they got bored of their entertainment channel and went back, giving a few clucks as they fought to get into their respective places.

"Oh God.." Taeyeon groaned as she started scrubbing on the hardened the poop on the ground. The faeces was so hard, Taeyeon grunted with each push she made as she watered the area she was scrubbing, trying to loosen the greenish faeces which was rooted to the stone floor.

"Damn this!" Taeyeon yelled as she kicked the ground hard, but instead of the hardened poop flying out due to the sheer force, Taeyeon felt herself trip over the small mound and last face first on the floor.

"Oww..." she groaned ,"At this rate.. I'm gonna get disfigured before I finish this case."

Taeyeon quickly got to her feet and raised her fist in the air.

"No! I cannot lose to this pile of poop! Taeyeon hwaiting!" Taeyeon yelled, doing a large fist pump as she lept in the air.

"I feel energized already!" she smiled as she cheered and  picked up her broom and went back to the first stable to clear the numerous mounds of faeces. But sadly, she tripped over the same molehill of poop and fell back onto the floor.

"Oww...." Taeyeon sobbed.

 

 

 

"So, Suki was a social worker in h-- Woah, what happened to you?" Tiffany asked when she saw Taeyeon stagger into the house, her face streaked with sweat and dirt as she held up what looked like a garden rake full of muck.

"I.. Finished.. Mucking out.. Farmhouse.." Taeyeon panted as she slumped to the floor.

The old couple let out a gasp of surprise as they walked over to Taeyeon.

"You did well young lady, we haven't cleaned that shack in 15 years. I'm surprised you managed to get all those stains off." the old lady said raspily as she patted Taeyeon's shoulder, which was aching badly.

Taeyeon's eyes screwed closed at the aching pain when the woman touched her but her eyes slowly opened when she felt a flooming shadow over her.

"Ti..ffany.." Taeyeon mumbled as she saw Tiffany with her arms folded and a frown on her face.

"There's something else you need to do." Tiffany said as she pulled Taeyeon to her feet.

"Tiffany shi, let Taeyeon rest for a while neh~ I think she's tired." the old lady said as she patted Tiffany's shoulder.

Tiffany quickly gave a reassuring smile to the old lady.

"Taeyeon here is really strong, don't worry, it's just one more chore, we can complete it before dinner tonight." Tiffany winked before she dragged Taeyeon, who was too tired to even resist, out of the house.

"Tiffany.. I already..cleaned it up.." Taeyeon stated as Tiffany dragged Taeyeon back into the farm house.

"I know." Tiffany replied as she continued pulling Taeyeon until they reached the end of the farmhouse where a few cows were standing and eating hay.

"Oh so I'm supposed to clear their poop before it hardens? Ew gross." Taeyeon said with a disgusted look but Tiffany silenced her with an odd expression.

"Go squeeze some fresh milk out, genius." Tiffany said sarcastically as she threw Taeyeon a few buckets before leaving Taeyeon once again.

Taeyeon let out a sigh as she grabbed a stool and sat down beside the nearest cow.

"Why is Tiffany so cold to me.. I know I shouted at her but she doesn't have to do this to me.." Taeyeon grumbled as she squeezed the cow's udder gently.

"Oww.." she grunted as the stinging pain in her arm due to the excessive labour from before pierced her upper arm.

"Mooo..."

"Be a good girl and don't make me use so much strength, okay?" Taeyeon sighed as she exerted more strength from her trembling arms and tried to squeeze more milk out of the cow.

"What the.." Taeyeon almost cursed as she noticed that the cow wasn't giving out any milk.

"Why aren't you giving me milk?" taeyeon growled as she squeezed even harder, causing the cow to knock her with it's body, sending her flying a metre away.

"Why you.." Taeyeon hissed, squinting at the animal as she launched herself and squeezed on the udder.

This time, milk sprayed out of the udder, but the cow seemed to be able to direct the flow of milk as it squirted milk into Taeyeon's eye, causing her to stumble backwards and fall on the floor.

"What the firetruck!" Taeyeon yelled as she rubbed her eyes painfully, rolling on the floor from the stinging pain that had engulfed her eye.

Satisfied with it's successful prank, the cow let out a moo of triumph before it slowly walked away.

"Fine! See if I care!" Taeyeon shouted at the first cow before she turned to another cow and tried milking it.

 

 

By the end of the day, Tiffany had finished gathering intel from most of the village and had explained that this killer seemed to like taking a like recording of his victims just before they died and the background always seemed to be in a wooden shack, though they couldn't exactly pinpont where the shack was since nothing seemed to give away it's exact location.

"So, tomorrow we begin searching for this so called wooden shack, have a good rest everyone, I wanna see you guys up bright and early tomorrow morning, especially you, Jessica." Leeteuk said, glaring at Jessica, who whistled and looked away.

"Yes sir!" the rest of them yelled except for Taeyeon, who tiredly saluted Leeteuk before following Yuri back to their cottage.

The moment the doors opened, Taeyeon, who had been doing the dirty work since the start of the day, slumped back on the couch, her exhaustion getting the better of her as she fell into a deep slumber.

Yuri looked as Yurin hopped on Taeyeon and climbed over her body before settling herself in a small space between Taeyeon and the corner of the couch.

"That kid.." Yuri chuckled as she grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom.

All of a sudden, she heard footsteps and shuffling of grass outside their cottage and her alertness immediatly hit the maximum level it could go as she pulled out her gun which was still by her side and she slowly walked to the door.

Using her foot, she hooked the door handle with her heel and pulled the door open, maintaining a safe distance from the entrance just in case anyone was there.

She stood there for a full minute before she finally decided to kick the door close before locking it. Quickly, she ran to the back of the kitchen and locked the backdoor.

"This case is making me a little too paranoid." Yuri laughed as she put her gun on the table and went to take a shower before she headed off to bed.

 

 

 

-BANG BANG BANG-

"Mmph.." Yuri groaned as she flipped her pillow over her head to block out the noise.

-BANG BANG BANG-

"KWON YURI! GET UP! NOW!" a familiar voice shouted.

Yuri took a few seconds to register and realised it was Jessica.

"Sica?" Yuri asked as Jessica pounded on the door once more.

"Yuri wake the hell up! It's urgent!" Jessica yelled as she began kicking the door violently.

"Hold..your horses. I'm coming.." Yuri yawned as she did a few stretches before opening the door, still hugging her pillow sleepily.

"Sica.. It's not even time to meet Leeteuk.. What's your rush?" Yuri asked. She noticed Jessica's face was somewhat different. It was filled frustration and tinted with worry and distress.

"What's the commotion about?" Taeyeon asked, sleepily walking out of the bathroom with her toothbrush still in .

" Yah! You two! Get changed quickly! Hurry up! This is serious!" Jessica yelled punching Yuri's shoulder.

"Ow ow.. Okay but could you tell us what happened first?" Yuri asked, still confused as to why Jessica was so stressed up.

Jessica suddenly became quiet and her heavy breathing slowly disappeared, but her hard expression remained as she spoke.

"Yuri, Tae. Last night, a 19 year old girl went missing. Nobody's seen her since last night. We have to find her, fast."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Uh oh~ A girl's missing. Will they find the girl? Or will she end up in the killer's clutches? Damn.. Tae got really screwed by Fany xD Readers, don't you agree? Getting squirt in the eye and having to muck out an entire farmhouse is man.. Don't worry readers, Taeny will get back together soon. Don't worry don't worry ~

Tomorrow Imma update another chapter of this before I go for my Korean classes. I've decided to finish up this basic class before I continue straight away with the intermediate level where I learn the sentence structure and everything.

Not many people in my class like SNSD.. sadly, but guess what. I don't give a z~ forever a sone~ :D

I shall go.. sleep right now.. I'm getting really sleepy these days.. Becoming like Jessica soon :\ Seriously.. I mean.. I sleep 10 hours a day.. then I take an afternoon nap sometimes(Which i rarely did before) and those naps can take up to four or five hours.. hope i don't get fat while becoming like our lazy sica but yea.. Oh yea if you guys were wondering why my name is sicafeverz but my dp is always fany, lemme explain. I love em both, but I don't ship JeTi that hardcore. so I decided to separate my profile into two ^^ my name belongs to sica while my dp belongs to fany~ :D

Anyways, shall update tomorrow and.. yeah~ Oh yeah, this case will be a bit religiously hurting. Esp. Christians. Don't be angry alright, imma christian too, I'm not some satanic guy who hates christians, no. So pls don't get offended and understand that whatever I write in the fic is only meant for entertainment pruposes. Hope not to see anybody raging or I'll rage at you for not reading =.=

anyways, thanks to all my loyal supporters and also! The new readers! the new readers and commenters deserve more applause, it takes a lot of courage to actually comment for the first time. New readers like tokkitofu, icreep, broken immortality, azn status, I hope to see more of your comments soon. For those I didn't mention, I'd also like to see your comments, I just simply named those people who recently commented. I think theres a guy called kesujo too. Yeah! I wanna see more of your comments. And for my loyal commenters like soshiamour, valle_zaira, icypink and some not so frequent commentors like chaeragon, I wanna see your comments more often xD valle and soshi should compete to see who writes a longer comment.. seriously..

Anyways, LTTT will be off hiatus in 3 or 4 more days, my co author and I are almost finished with the part that we were stuck on and soon, we'll be back on track~ Though I must warn you guys, for the last arc, I used ideas from a few mangas and shows and pieced em togethe, so I hope that those manga readers won't rage or anything. Understand that even piecing ideas together takes a heck of a long time.. It took up most of my chinese new year holidays to piece the last arc together man.. seriously.. no joke.

anyway, I'll be going to sleep now. Hope to see many many comments when I get up and.. And I should stop talking.

Okay bye~ And stay tuned for my next update ~

 

Time out!~

Yurin~ Gimme your cat food!

Yurin : MEOW!

 

 

Oh P.s I bought a new wallet muahahahhahahahaha