Chapter ten

Usurping him.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I enjoyed the game much, and it ended with Yoongi hyung winning, after beating Namjoon hyung as his last contestant.

"You sure are clever." stated the other.

"All of these years of manipulating the consumption of money definitively taught me the right way to spend it, even in games." said Yoongi hyung.

"I just want to let you know, beating Kim Namjoon at such a game is in fact something impressive." declared Jimin hyung.

"Right, but Taehyung did a good job in this round. He lasted third." Said the eldest.

"Yes, he's definitely getting more skills...while I'm still getting kicked by you all."added Jimin.

"Anyways, let's play a video game already." suggested Tae hyung.

 

We played several games, however, our ranks have completely changed then; Yoongi was the worst amongst us all, the Kim cousins and Jimin hyung were slightly better, Hoseok hyung was the one to last most amongst the five of them, and then Tae hyung and I were left to do one more round to prove who's best.

At the end, I was the victorious.

Surprisingly, Seokjin, Namjoon, Jimin and even Taehyung gasped altogether in awe.

"Did he just beat the master of games?!" exclaimed Namjoon hyung.

"Wow, this is unbelievable!" added Seokjin hyung.

Frankly, I felt pride and happiness; from their reaction, I could conclude that me winning is something that did probably impress Taetae hyung.

"Jungkook, it has been a pleasure playing with you, but did you really have to make me lose?"

Hyung pouted at me after what he said, and I could swear that I felt morbidly guilty for what I had done.

His big eyes were glistering, his rosy lips were pursed, and he just looked so..adorable.

I kept being silent, and smiled instead.

"Hey kids, it's already ten, shouldn't we get ready for the film?"

"You're right, Seokjin hyung, and as I promised, I brought the CD with me~" replied Jimin hyung with a warm grin.

"Please, don't tell me we're going to watch something too dramatic." said Yoongi hyung.

"No hyung, we're going to watch a thriller film. It's called 'Train to Busan.'" uttered the latter as he got a CD out of his little bag.

 

Eventually, we started playing the film. Yoongi hyung ,Hoseok hyung and I sat on the ground . The Kim cousins sat together on the couch, while Jimin sat on a chair with Taehyung sitting on the floor while the elder kept messing with his hair, which obviously made me envious.

However, the film was good, with lots of action and triggering moments.

Throughout it, I felt a tad of sorrow; witnessing the love and care the father exhibited towards his daughter was grand, having an astonishing power, and remembering me of the great affection that Yoongi, Hoseok and I have towards each other.

We had several snacks placed in front of us, and I chose my favourite one amongst them to distract myself from the tension the film built up in me; chocolate. 

 

The film ended, the generic song played along with the sounds of sniffing and random comments about the events, characters and their influence on us.

"That was a long ride" said Namjoon hyung.

"And also tiring, can we sleep?"uttered Yoongi hyung while squeezing his eyes with his fingers, seeming to be nearly untouched by the film.

"Oh yes, it's late, we should go to sleep already." confirmed the eldest as he checked his phone.

"Okay, but we're not going to be able to sleep altogether, there are not enough mattresses for us all in one room." declared Taehyung.

"Is this an excuse to stay alone with Jimin?" All of our gazes were directed to Namjoon who obviously was teasing the couple, who's cheeks were crimson coloured.

 "N-no, it's not, I'm just informing you about the situation."

"Come on, we know you would like to  though, right?"

Tae hyung seemed absolutely speechless and embarrassed at that moment, yet he replied, saying "You know what, I will mate with Seokjin hyung."

"Um, sorry Taehyung-ah but I'm more comfortable with Namjoon-ah.." murmured Seokjin, carrying on with the little game.

Tae hyung pouted for the second time that day, and then looked at the three left of us.

"Carry on with your foolishness, I'm going to the guests' room, good night." Yoongi hyung left after saying that so ubruptly.

"I'm going with him. Nighty~" added Hoseok hyung as he went after the latter.

Taehyung hyung kept looking at me awkwardly for the following second, and it frankly made me feel anxious.

"I'm going with Jungkook then."

A sudden adrenaline rush occurred inside of my veins, and thus, I had undergone a hurricane of feelings; nervousness, excitement, fear, happiness, a bizarre mixture of things to sense at once.

Jimin thankfully reduced the pressure I was feeling as he spoke "I will join the other two upstairs then, good night everyone~."

"Good night then, maknaes~"

"Good night." we both replied as we made our way to the room we were to share.

Honestly, I did not think that Taetae hyung would had let me sleep in his room, but he also offered me his own bed to sleep on. 

I obviously declined, yet he still had a solid answer; no.

"Taetae hyung, I will not leave you to sleep on the floo-"

"No, it's fine, believe me." he said while pushing me to sit on the bed.

"B-but hyung, I will feel guilty, please come to your own bed, I am used to sleeping on the ground."

The other boy paused for a moment, then cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter