SM Town and Thoughts

Cold Shoulders, Soft Heart

 

SM Town concerts have always been fun and enjoyable. Ever since SNSD joined last 2007, Jessica has always been the most excited. She gets the time to be herself on stage (minus the whole schedule and places they need to follow) – not that she wasn’t herself before, more like she can express and channel her feelings towards the audience aside from singing and dancing.

They sang Happy Summer for the entrance song. Singing with her family was fulfilling. Jessica had a duet with her sister, Krystal and of course SNSD. That was pretty much it. On the other hand, Onew was busy himself. Singing a lot of songs with other label mates.

Onew and Jessica didn’t see each other much. SNSD’s performance was after SHINee’s so there was really no opportunity. She was at one side of the stage while he exited at the other end.

Jessica didn’t forget her new revelation. It kept her all night, quite stressing for her. She sighed as she stand with the girls at one side of the stage, watching SHINee sing Up and Down. She watched him as he sings his part awesomely. So she likes him. Okay, she doesn’t need to deny anymore. That was that.

Everything that happened was such a blur. She couldn’t remember what happened for the last five or six hours, the next thing she knew it was the ending already. Well, nearing it.

Standing with Jonghyun, with him holding a camera and taking photographs of everyone, of her, they walked and laughed and she felt like they were a couple. Jonghyun and her, huh? She couldn’t imagine it. But here they are the two of them together. Sometimes she wonders if Jonghyun likes her or if she has some feelings for him. But of course, that was impossible. He has Sekyung (she’s one of the few that knows) and she has… no one. Sad really.

“Hey, how do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?” Jonghyun whispered to Jessica’s ears, as she played with the two mics.

“What?” She replied, confused.

“How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?” He whined and repeated it impatiently.

“I dunno. How?”

Jonghyun smiled wittingly, turning around. That answer would very much remain a secret between the two of them.

 

 

“Hyung?” Taemin was strolling towards Onew, hair wet and messy. Surely, he was playing with Minho and Sulli with the water gun and bubbles. “Why are you all alone there?”

Onew was at one side, sitting there, playing with the balloons. His energy was running low and he needed to recharge. He also felt like being alone, watching the audience as they cheered for them. It was an overwhelming day for everyone. Performing for people and giving your all to them felt excellent. It always felt good.

Actually, there’s another reason why he was there. A while ago, as he was wandering around the stage, pouring water on everyone he passes by, he saw Jessica with Jonghyun, playing. She was gleeful and the both of them were touchy and close -- well they were always close. It’s a proven fact among the company members. At some point, he was kind of jealous of them. He won’t deny that. The fact that Jonghyun was with Sekyung, his cautions on Jonghyun eased. But he knows, Jonghyun have always had this small crush on Jessica.

 

 

“It’s her isn’t?” Taemin whispered, taking the empty floor next to Onew. Onew laughed awkwardly. Taemin knows him too well, it’s a little inconvenient for him. “Why can’t you just tell her?”

Taemin really is still a kid. Despite his own improvement on singing and dancing and even though he did mature a little, he still had a lot to learn. (Not that Onew doesn’t have a lot to learn too.)

“Why aren’t you making up with her? I thought you like her hyung?” Taemin asked sternly, observing the young leader’s expression. He continued. “If it’s Jonghyun hyung you’re worried about, don’t be. We all know he’s happy with Sekyung noona.”

“Yeah, I know.” He managed to reply. He does know Jonghyun is happy but he still can’t help being cautious. He can’t help being jealous.

“Hyung, don’t be afraid. Remember what you told me when people in school were bullying me? The main fault is misunderstanding. Make them know you more. That’s what you have to do, hyung. Make up with her and clear all the misunderstanding so she can know you well.” Taemin grinned at Onew and gave him an acknowledging nod.

Onew smiled. Yeah, tidy everything up and come clean. He should do that. Maybe he was wrong about Taemin. Maybe he is grown up.

He ruffled Taemin’s hair and assisted him as he stands up. He felt enliven with Taemin’s small speech.  “Come on Taeminnie, let’s go find her.”

 

Of course, they found her with Jonghyun heading to the center stage as the ending song is coming up. Onew suffered seeing them together still he held his head high not letting anything make him feel bad. Nothing’s gonna bring him down.

Not even when Jonghyun approached Jessica to take another picture with each other, and were all touchy and close. Tiffany pulled her away instantly after and glared at Jonghyun for postponing SNSD’s bow of gratitude to the audience. He’d have to thank Fany for that later.

 

 

“Jessica, wait!” Onew called out as Jessica walks down off the stage.

The blonde turned around, stunned, confused and glad at the same time. Thank God, she didn’t have to make the first move. “Yeah?” She couldn’t look at him in the eye.

Onew nodded and smiled as people pat his back for a job well done on the stage a while ago. He scratched his head embarrass, trying to find the right words to say something to her. “Umm, listen…” He started.

“Hey Jinki! Good work today!” Ryeowook tapped Onew’s arms. Heechul slumped his arms around Ryeowook and spotted Jessica.

“I say Hee, you say Sica.” He chanted and pointed at the blonde. “Hee-“

Jessica instinctively raised her leg, pointed her index finger at Heechul and winked. “Sica!”

It was kind of a routine for them to shout ‘Heesica’ whenever they bumped into each other or meet. At first there was a ‘pabo’ part but they decided to remove it. That would look really, really stupid.

Ryeowook and Heechul both exchanged glances and smirked evilly. Now they realized what was happening. “We better go. See ya guys later at the after party!” They both winked at their favorite Jessica.

When they finally left, Jessica apologized. “Sorry about them. Chullie oppa and I have this weird thing.” She cleared . “What was it you were about to say?”

“Look, tomorrow, can we like talk? The two of us.” Onew stuttered, looking down.

“Why?”

When she asked, he looked at her pleadingly. “I want to apologize for… you know, before.”

Oh, okay. He’s asking her out to apologize. “Why can’t you just do it now?” No, he’s not asking her out. Maybe. She’s not sure.

“Because it’ll take too long for me to explain everything. Plus, I want to explore L. A. You can show me around.” Onew smiled sincerely. He wasn’t taking a no for an answer. He knows he’s not getting one either.

“Fine. Okay.” Jessica agreed because his smile was killing her. It was too cute to be taken down and she likes him. Getting asked out by someone you like is a great thing. Even though he just wants to apologize. Still, in America, where they currently are, it’s called a date so it’s fair.

So tomorrow, Jessica was going on a date with Onew.

 

____

Author's Note: 

YAY I POST SOON AS POSSIBLE. YAY RETARDED WAY OF SPEAKING.

Anyway, since you liked Heechul and Ryeowook from the last chapter, decided to include them again. And the Heesica part, well, I've always loved those two together. So yeah.

I was contemplating if I should post Onew and Taemin's part here but it turned out pretty fine. Hopefully, it won't mess up the whole story. 

OMG HOW AM I GOING TO WRITE THEIR "DATE". /DEAD

I think it would take me for quite a while to finish this because I need to research on the places where they would go so yeah. Need to go and check out L.A. here on the web. Very, very hard task.

Enjoy~

NP: Let's Go 20.