Chapter 7

Myungsoo and his 3 rules

"Why are you not in school today.." Myungsoo muttered to himself, looking at the empty chair beside him. He groaned quietly and banged his head on the desk.

"Already going crazy since she's not here, huh?" He heard Sungyeol say.  He looked up at him and glared.

"Slightly." Myungsoo admitted. 

"You were doing just fine before she came." Sungyeol said. "You barely cared about anyone."

"Who said I cared about her? I'm just gonna be bored." He said.

Sungyeol raised his eyebrows at Myungsoo as if saying who would believe that but Myungsoo claimed he was telling the truth. It's only been a little bit over a month. Him and that girl haven't been through much together. He just really enjoyed hanging out with her. Sungyeol has it fixated in his mind that they have something for each other but he doesn't think he has feelings for her. He doesn't even know if he truly cares about her already. She's just someone who he has fun talking to and she's someone who he sees differently from the rest of the people in his school. She's just different and Myungsoo likes that.

"You so love her." Sungyeol said suddenly, waking him up from his thoughts. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"You can think what you want." Myungsoo said.

School started just like that.

Every once in a while when someone did something Myungsoo found stupid, he'd look beside him forgetting that she wasn't there. They always did that. People do something stupid, they'd look at each other and laugh about how stupid people are. It's their little thing. But even now that she's not here, it seems like some kind of reflex to turn his head. 

 

 

"Missing her already?" Sungyeol teased, when the bell rang telling them it was time to get the out of there. Myungsoo rolled his eyes for the nth time and stood up.

"Just because she's my friend and she's a girl, doesn't mean I automatically like her." He said.

"Uh, that's exactly what it means." He said. "She's the only girl you talk to in this entire school."

He was silenced for a minute.

 

 

"You make a good point." He finally said. "But I don't do that 'cause I like her in that way. I do it 'cause she's a cool person." 

"Oh, don't give me that." He said. 

Myungsoo gives him a glare and Sungyeol gulped a bit. "Okay, stopping." 

They walk out of school in comfortable silence. They wanted to talk about something but decided not to. Myungsoo brought out his phone and earphones which was permanently attached to it. He put one in his ear and the other in his friend's. Of course, he played the song.

"Do you think we should stop listening to the song?" Sungyeol asked. "I mean.. all it does is bring back unwanted feelings."

"The day it stops hurting, is the day I'll stop listening to it." He simply said.

Myungsoo's not exactly sure why he listens to the song every single day without fail. This seems like a routine as well. His entire life ever since those bastards left, has been one big repetitive boring routine. Wake up, survive, sleep. When he was with them, he didn't just survive. He lived. Maybe it's just that when he listens to the song, it just reminded him of what it feels like to actually live again. 

"Let's go to the practice room." Sungyeol said. Myungsoo nodded his head slightly.

They walked close together, their arms rubbing against each other, as they both listened to Myungsoo's guitar solo.

Sungyeol chuckled a bit. "You were really amazing, Myung."

"I was? Past tense? How about now?" Myungsoo asked, smirking.

"Well, you played again. That's definitely something big. You still got it, dude." He said. Myungsoo smiled a bit.

"When are you gonna play the drums again?" He asked softly. Sungyeol smiled sadly and looked down.

"I don't even know if I still know how to." He sighed. Myungsoo put his arm around him and Sungyeol looked at him, shocked.

"You never do that!" Sungyeol said. 

"Well, I am doing it right now." Myungsoo said matter-of-factly. "Hurry up, we're almost there."

They arrived in front of the practice room and Myungsoo shoved his phone and earphones in his pocket. They walked inside the practice room and--- 

 

 

 

What the .

 

--

So Eunjae skipped school. She knows it's wrong but she couldn't help it. She went to sleep thinking about the practice room, she woke up still thinking about the practice room and she tried to go to school but her feet brought her to the damn practice room. She snapped out of her thoughts this morning and realized that she didn't walk to school. She walked to the practice room. She sighed to herself and was about to head back to school but then thought....

I've been thinking about the practice room all day yesterday. Maybe the universe brought me here for a reason. It's still early so maybe I should just stay here for a short while.

 

 

So she ended up staying for almost the entire day. She saw Myungsoo's guitar on the couch, still the same as it was yesterday. She picked it up and sat down. She strummed a bit. She knew how to play the guitar but didn't really play as much as Myungsoo did. But it was definitely a hobby. Something to do when she was bored. She started thinking. What's the chords to their song? For half an hour, she tried to figure it out and tried to play with an acoustic guitar but failed miserably. She scratched her head. How do I do this? She groaned in exasperation and threw her head back. At the corner of her eye, beside a guitar at the left corner of the room, she saw a clearbook. She tilted her head. Huh. She put Myungsoo's guitar on the couch and walked over to it. She opened the clearbook and there tons of chords, lyrics, and finally.. the chords to their song. She noticed that placed beside the clearbook was a capo and she thought.. this day is going perfectly. She spent hours singing and strumming to their song over and over and over again, but in her own key. It was only after awhile that she realized she skipped school but she didn't care because to her, it was so so so worth it. After playing their song a million times more, it got her thinking. They wrote a beautiful song together, they've been friends for a long time, they had this practice room together, it seems like they've made so many memories. What happened? She sighed and shook her head.

She flipped through the clearbook again and saw that no.. these weren't only chords and lyrics. There were even incomplete songs. Songs never finished, there are a few pictures of them. Wow. In the picture, Myungsoo was standing in between a Sungyeol with shorter and darker hair and a really tall guy who had messy brown hair who had a lollipop in his mouth. Everyone was smiling so genuinely. Even Myungsoo. Never had Eunjae seen him smile that big. She had never seen him so happy. She smiled to herself and sighed. I wonder where this Myungsoo went.. She flipped the page again and saw another incomplete song. It had very little lyrics but under the title.. it had Myungsoo's name.

Heavens

Kim Myungsoo

I wanna fly to the heavens over and over again 

Until I touch the sky.

I wanna scream, 'till I can't hear.

Drowning in memories.

Still living the life, you had to leave.

 

Eunjae smiled sadly. It must have been written for Sung Joon, their leader. It was beautifully written even if it wasn't finished yet. She grabbed the guitar again. He has only written these lyrics. There was nothing else, no chords whatsoever. She tried again and again to make it perfect. To be able to complete even just this part of his unfinished song. It took hours before she finally got something that made her happy and she wrote down the chords on the paper. She smiled in content. Suddenly...

 

Oh no.

 

--

"Eunjae? What are you doing here?" Sungyeol asked in confusion. 

"Why weren't you in school tod--" Myungsoo was about to ask but cut himself off. Sungyeol looked at Eunjae and for the first time, noticed what she was doing. She was holding onto Myung's guitar and she had the clearbook open, with a pen on top of it. She was also using Myung's old capo. 

"What are you doing?" Myungsoo asked in a monotonous voice. 

"I--- I---" She stuttered, slowly putting down Myungsoo's guitar and standing up awkwardly.

"Why were you touching our stuff?" He asked. Sungyeol grabbed his shoulder and squeezed it.

"Calm down." He whispered to him. 

"Why?" He asked again.

"Sorry I was just-- I was just-- curious." She answered, her voice shaking a lot. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to pry."

His eyes were there again. Those evil, "if looks could kill" eyes. They were shooting lasers through Eunjae's head.

"Dude, calm down." Sungyeol said again, knowing the guy's temper. He walked towards the table and grabbed the clearbook harshly and saw that Eunjae had it open on-- Oh, god. Of all songs, he thinks.

Myungsoo slowly turned his head to look at Eunjae with those horrific, terrible, scary eyes. Even Sungyeol was scared for Eunjae's life.

Sungyeol instantly grabbed Myungsoo's arm. Myungsoo took a deep breath still staring at Eunjae.

"I realized.. I actually ing care about you so if you don't want me to hurt you, get out." He said, gritting his teeth. "Now."

Eunjae didn't hesitate. She nodded her head and ran out the door but not before she said "I'm so so so sorry" with a shaky voice as if she was about to cry. Understandable, Sungyeol thought. Even he'd become a if Myungsoo looked at him like that.

Sungyeol heard Myungsoo slam the clearbook on the table. He grabbed both his shoulders and sat him down on the couch.

"Calm down, okay? Calm down." He said. He glared at him a bit but looked away and just stared at his guitar which already had a capo. 

"I wonder what she was doing.." Sungyeol muttered to himself turning to look at the clearbook. He saw that an unfinished song by Myungsoo had new stuff written on it.

"Hey.. this isn't your handwriting, right?" He asked, pointing to the chords written with a blue pen. 

He looked at it and his eyes widened. "She actually made her own chords?" He asked. Sungyeol nodded.

"Looks like she finished the chorus." He answered. "Can I borrow your guitar?" He asked. Myungsoo picked up his guitar and handed it to Sungyeol. He took off the capo and sang in his own key as he strummed the guitar. 

It was amazing. Sungyeol turned to look at Myungsoo, who looked like he couldn't feel anything. 

"Myung.. The song's beautiful." He said, sitting closer to him. He didn't move.

"Myung? Can you still be mad at her after hearing that?" Heasked. He still didn't move.

 

"Myung?"

 

Okay, I'm slightly terrified of him.

"Myung.. are you even blinking?!" Sungyeol asked. He still didn't move.

"Holy man, you're scaring me please say something." Sungyeol said.

Myungsoo's eyes moved to another direction and he picked up the clearbook again. He flipped to the page before his song, and it was the picture of them still with Sung Joon but it seems like there was some kind of note from Eunjae.

"You should really smile like this more often, Kim Myungsoo. It suits you better than that creepy glare of yours." it read.

Sungyeol looked at him again.

"Myung?" He asked softly. Myungsoo leaned down for a few minutes, staring into the nothingness. This is ing scaring me.

"Speak to me, dude. Come on. Are you possessed?" He asked, slightly moving away from Myungsoo.

He stood up and finally spoke.

 

"I need to go." He said, bringing his guitar and the clearbook with him.

"Myung?" Sungyeol asked.

"I need to see her." He answered, and left. 

Sungyeol smiled to himself. He is so in love with her.

Eunjae, please bring back our Myungsoo back. He grabbed the picture of Myungsoo smiling, his hand in the bbuing-bbuing position, beside himself, smiling. He chuckled.

"Where did Myungyeol go?" He asked to himself, laughing a bit. 

Kim Myungsoo, the day I get my best friends back is the day I'll start playing the drums again.

--

The song. Sorry about my voice ok and the song if you don't like it but whatever huhu I tried :c

http://soundcloud.com/gabriellasunshine/song-for-mahtr/s-2OItT