Coming Home

Underneath the Moon

Leeteuk was on the highway, back to his childhood home, back to the place he was trying to forget. Going home was only stressful now and this trip more so than others. His father was ill, on his deathbed, if Inyoung hadn't been exaggerating. Leeteuk was here for his umma and noona, to be their support as they faced the loss of husband and father. His fingers tapped a beat on the steering wheel as he passed through the light traffic.

He glanced at himself in the rearview mirror, over the rim of his sunglasses that had slipped down his nose. He had gone through many changes since he'd left home. He now went by Leeteuk and had recreated himself how he wanted to, free from familial influences. His hair was one of these changes, currently short near his neck and steadily longer till his uneven fringe, with half over his right eye and the rest angling up slightly to his left eyebrow. White blonde was his color choice lately, everything would be stark white if he had his way.

There was one other problem with coming home. Inyoung had promised him that he wouldn't run into Heechul. He couldn't help feeling dread at turning a street corner and seeing the man that he'd once loved, though. The man that had left him, when he'd most needed someone. His hands steadily gripped the steering wheel tighter as he drove.

"Aigoo," he said to himself as he checked the speedometer, finding his angry lead foot had been taking over. He eased up on the gas and took the off ramp that would lead him home.