Coming Home II

Underneath the Moon

Heejin was on the phone with Inyoung.

"You made sure to book his flight later than Teukie's?"

"Yes, Teuk's already landed, he said he's on his way."

"Good," Heejin sighed softly in the phone. "I think Heechul's flight just got to the gate, I'll call you later."

Heejin hung up the phone and waited for her brother to get off the plane.

Heechul waited for nearly every passenger before he got his bag down. He'd been debating ditching Heejin at the gate and booking a flight to nowhere in particular, a flight to anywhere but home. It was obvious that Heejin and Inyoung were up to something and he didn't like it. Heechul had the feeling what they were up to, involved Jungsu.

Heechul slumped off the plane, his backpack with his changes of clothes clinging to his limp and bony shoulders. He noticed Heejin waving at him and was happy for his sunglasses, hiding his puffy red rimmed eyes and a tired eyeroll. He hadn't shaved and was still a little dirty, something he'd done on purpose, to show these girls his displeasure at being taken out of his misery.

"Aish, Heechul," Heejin chided him as he slumped to her. "How am I going to take you home to umma like this?"

Heechul just gave her a flippant smile and kept walking. If she wasn't going to catch up with him before he got outside, he'd just get a cab. Heejin knew this much, so she hissed under her breath and caught up to her annoying brother.

"Thanks for coming home anyway, umma's driving me crazy."

"What?" Heechul said. "Can't take the grief? Did she start to blame you for me leaving?" He grinned.

Heejin smirked. "Don't you just wish you were the center of everyone's attention?"

Heechul scoffed. "Whatever. Am I going home, or am I getting a hotel somewhere?"

"You're going home and you'd better have something for your nephews, from Spain." Heejin nudged her brother.

"Yeah, yeah. They're some of the few I actually like." Heechul smirked.

"Why, because they still believe your terrible stories?"

"Because they're not old enough to scheme against me."