Confession gone wrong.....

Wrong Confession

“Come on Jiyul, you can do this.” I muttered to myself as I stood behind the fountain. My hands gripped onto the envelope tightly between my hands. I was beyond nervous, especially since this is the first time I’m confessing. Anything could go wrong, he could reject me or he could accept me. I was stuck in a dilemma, should I confess or should I not. Biting my lips, I started playing with the strands of my hair, curling it in between my fingers.

The vibration from my phone interrupted my thoughts.  

‘I know you’re still hiding and still thinking whether to confess or not. JUST DO IT. YOON JIYUL YOU CAN DO THIS. HWAITING. ^^’ – Hyungseok

I read th message and smiled, before replying to my best friend.

‘Thank you for your encouragement, I have decided to confess today no matter what. :>’

I knew Hyungseok since we were babies. His mother and my mother were best friends, and we met just like that. Although he is just a few months older than me, he was protective of me in his own way. He is always there for me, whenever I’m feeling down, he would provide a listening ear and cheers me up. When my parents passed away, I was depressed and thanks to him, I managed to break free from depression. I might not be able to live without him.

I stood there waiting, hands gripping harder onto the envelope as the clock ticked away. Chanyeol would always pass by this fountain when he is walking to school. Chanyeol, the most handsome and cutest guy I ever seen; the happiest kingka in school ; the one who is my classmate for three years ; the one who sits beside me in class, it’s really hard not to fall in love with him, really. And so, I did. And might I say, I fall too deeply in love with him that I’m even taking the initiative of the first step.

From afar, I saw a figure walking towards the fountain. Suddenly feeling bashful, I spun around and hid behind the fountain once again. Cold sweat was starting to form on my forehead. Lifting my left hand, I tried to tidy up my hair one last time. Hearing the footsteps nearing, I stepped out from behind the fountain with my hands held out in front of me, and my head looking down.

“Hey Jiyul, I didn’t know you liked Luhan.” Chanyeol snickered.

*I like Luhan? Wait, why does Chanyeol’s voice sounds like it came from the left side of me instead of the front?*My head jolted up and turned to my left. And……there stood Chanyeol. I was shocked and I did not dare to move my head.

Taking a deep breathe, I turned my head to see who I held my hands out to. i came face-to-face with Luhan, another kingka at school. My mouth gaped open in shock as Luhan reached out his left hand and snatched the purple letter away. With my eyes and mouth wide open, I looked directly into Luhan’s eyes. He took away my love letter which had Chanyeol written in bold on the front of the envelope.

‘Give it back, it’s not meant for you.’ I mouthed to Luhan. Without responding, Luhan smirked and placed the letter into his bag.

“Thank you for the letter, I will read it at home.” Luhan waved goodbye as his face wore a cocky expression.

I stood rooted to the ground, shocked at how my love letter has been taken away just like this. Worse thing is, the letter is not meant for him! What am I going to do now… my love letter has been taken away by the wrong person. Had I just made a wrong confession? Can I turn back time right now? Ahh what do I do now?! I gripped onto my hair and slipped down onto the walkway.