Tulips and dakjjim

Saying I Love You

I’m not quite sure if Jihyo would like flowers and chocolates but Ella told me she does. I ask the ajumma in the flower shop and she gave me tulips. She said roses aren’t that romantic anymore and that the rose doesn’t suite my taste. I don’t know what the ajumma wanted to tell me.

 

“You came early.” Ajumma welcomed me with a warm smile.

 

“Ne, ajummeonie.” I greeted her back with a smile.

 

She told me to come in. I looked around finding her beside the little fountain. She was putting flowers around it. She seemed mesmerize about it. Ella was definitely right about the flower.

 

Jihyo.

 

I wanted to call her but I don’t want to distract her from what she was doing. It was a beautiful sight. And the sunlight wasn’t of any help. It was shining directly at her making her skin glimmer. My heart beat was rushing to the highest point again. I held at my chest once again.

 

“Jinki.” I heard her call out my name. My eyes automatically looked directly in her eyes. She was headed towards me. There was a trace of worry on her face.

 

“Jihyo-ssi. Annyeong!” I smiled at her brightly. I don’t know why but I suddenly waved at her like a fool. She smiled back at me.

 

She reached me but none of us said a word. I gave her the tulips and she accepted it with a happy face. We were just standing there looking at each other. My heart seemed to have calmed down. The sight of her beautiful face up close was mesmerizing. Her beautiful brown eyes were so warm. There was a hint of loneliness in it though that I want to take away.

 

Yes, I want to take away that loneliness. Now that I knew the reason why she was avoiding me, I would prove that I was never like what she thought I was. If it’s still because of Kim Bum sunbae or anything else, I would want to know. I would want to know everything about her; what she thinks, what she wants, what she loves. Because I like her that much.

 

I didn’t believe in it. I didn’t believe that someone could possibly like someone at first glance. But that had happened to me. Others may call this as ‘love at first sight’ but I don’t know and I’m not quite sure if I am in love with her yet. That’s why I’m here to confirm it.

 

“Would you like to eat?” She asks sweetly breaking the silence. Our eyes were not even leaving each other’s gaze.

 

“Hmmm.” I answered her nodding. I don’t want to spoil the moment so when she was about to turn I grabbed her hand. She was just looking at me. I guess she was waiting for an answer.

 

“I will be back with your favorite chicken dish. Just seat anywhere comfortably.” She assured me. I let go of her hand and nodded. I seated to the table next to me.

 

“Or you could come with me if you like.” She suggested.

 

I jump off my seat and rushed to her side. Of course I want that. I like that idea! Cooking together would be fun.

 

She chuckle and made her way to the kitchen with me following her. Her mom was busy chopping the vegetable when we entered. I greeted her again and she smiled at we a little confused.

 

“I was just going to observe ajummeonie.” I explained.

 

“Just call me eommonnie.” She said with a smile. I was shock and also delighted at what she told me. Jihyo looked at me and laugh.

 

“Ne, eommonnie.” I can’t hide my delight and smiled at her warmly. Just the thought of Jihyo’s mom wanting to be called eommonnie by me was so delightful.

 

Jihyo started busying herself cooking. I just stood a little far from her so I won’t distract her. She started chopping the whole boiled chicken onto half. She chopped the vegetables fast and shimmer it to the frying fan. I don’t know what she is cooking but I don’t want to ask. I’m afraid I’d disturbed her and her cooking would go bad.

 

I was just watching her the whole time. I helped her when she needed this and that. I was bringing the spices to her so she wouldn’t have to go back and forth. It was fun. I was having so much fun doing just that. It felt like it was both of us doing the cooking.

 

She tasted her cooking and called me. She asked me to try and taste it too. I was about to get another spoon but she take a hold of me and put the food in my mouth.

 

“Wow.” It’s all I can say. It was delicious. It was a very delicious chicken dish.

 

“Was it good?” She asked waiting for an answer. Her cute expression makes me want to pinch her cheeks.

 

“Yeah! It is! What is it?” I asked curiously. A sweet smile escaped .

 

“Dakjjim! Onew oppa! She made you a dakjjim! Don’t you know what that means?” Ella suddenly appeared in front of me amazed at Jihyo’s cooking.

 

“It’s nothing! Don’t mind her. I’ll just prepare this. You can go back to the seat you were seated a while ago. Just wait for me there. Okay?” She instructed.

 

“Ugh… Okay!” I went back to the dining area and sat to the table next to the counter. I can’t remember clearly where I sat when she asked me to go with her so I just sat there.

 

I was curious about what Ella said. What was so special about that dakjjim? I was looking for Ella but I can’t see her anywhere. Where is that kid anyway?


A/N: Okay! Another update! I'm a bit inspired to continue with this. Kyah!