Chapter 8

A promise to keep

The next few weeks have been a busy one for Jaehi. What with the moving into her old house during the weekends and the project at work. Shopping with Heejin for furniture to replace the old was tiring too. One would have thought that Heejin was the one furnishing her own house.

“Jae Jae! What do you think of this in red and black? Won’t it be sultry and seducing?” asked Heejin, already lost in thought after trying to imagine it in the space.

“Jinnie, I’m not creating a love nest. I’m trying to having a simple, comfy house for me to stay in. Me. Just me, “ Jaehi emphasized.

“Haish, aren’t you old enough to be looking for a boyfriend by now anyways? We can make this house cosy enough for two! Maybe I should ask omma to start looking for one for you..”Heejin pondered aloud.

“Yah! Jugulle?! I’ll tell her about Jaejoong if you even start!” retorted Jaehi.

“Jae-oppa? How’d you know?! I..I mean, what are you talking about?” said Heejin, eyes looking everywhere but at Jaehi.

“Oh c’mon! As if I don’t know that he’s your mysterious guy. You were blushing the whole evening during dinner last week..” exclaimed Jaehi.

“Oh aniyo..it’s just..well..”said Heejin.

“Aish, admit it already. What do you see in him anyway? He’s seemed very distant and cold and..,” said Jaehi with disdain.

“Jaejoong-oppa? Cold?"Heejin interrupted. "Aniyo. He’s probably seemed that way cause you don’t know him that well. He has always been quiet with people he don’t really know. But he’s actually real nice and dreamy and when he smile..” said Heejin dreamily as she listed the Jaejoong’s pro on and on.

“Yah! Arasso! Stop selling him already! I get it. He’s awesome,” said Jaehi, giving up, not able to take her take on Jaejoong anymore.

“He is! You’re gonna work with him closely. You’ll like him soon enough! Jae-oppa and Jae Jae. Hehehe. My 2 favourite Jaes! Hehe..” gleamed Heejin childishly.

“God Jin-nie! Hajima, don’t put us together like that. It sounds so..bleargh!” countered Jaehi, sticking her tongue out to Heejin. “Let’s pay for all this and head out. I still need to get curtains and I’m already famished!”

“Ok Jae Jae, but I’ve to head back to the office for a bit. Secretary Go said he has some documents he needs me to sign urgently,” said Heejin apologetically. “I’ll treat you to the cream pasta you love so much from Angelo’s tomorrow, ok?”

“Fine. You’re off the hook once I’ve paid for this and request for courier service,” said Jaehi.

Meanwhile, Jaejoong was walking around the same shopping centre, on his own looking for a present for Junsu. Jaehi was paying for the goods when Heejin spotted Jaejoong from a distance.

“Oh Jae-oppa? What is he doing here?” thought Heejin.

“Jae-oppa!!!” she souted, trying to get Jaejoong’s attention.

Jaejoong turned as he heard his name being called. “Heejin?..and Jaehi..” he thought.

“Hey girls, shopping the shop clean, aren’t you?” said Jaejoong, smiling, after seeing the amount of stuff they just bought.

“Hee hee. Jaehi’s buying new stuff for her old house. She’s moving in next weekend. Chun-oppa and Su-oppa have agreed to help out. Are you too?” asked Heejin.

“Yah! Stop asking people for help for me,” Jaehi tried to shush Heejin. “It’s ok Mr Kim, no biggie. I can manage,” Jaehi said to Jaejoong.

“Call me Jaejoong, we’re not at work now are we? I’d love to help Heejin’s sister out too. Count me in,” said Jaejoong.

“Assa! Now we have 3 of Korea’s most wanted helping you out! What more can you ask for?” Heejin exclaimed excitedly.

With gritted teeth, Jaehi replied,”I have movers you know..”

Not hearing Jaehi’s complaint, she turned to Jaejoong, “Oppa, what are you doing here anyways?”

“I’m buying a gift for Junsu. I promised him that I’ll get him a gift for taking care of my cat for the 2 weeks I was out-stationed,” replied Jaejoong.

Before answering Jaejoong back, Heejin’s phone rang. She picked up the call. “Neh ajusshi, I’m on my way back to the office now," she anwsered while rolling her eyes.

Ending the call, Heejin turned to Jaejoong, "Oppa, I've to go. Work calls..um.." then a though flashed in her mind, “Ah! Oppa! Jae Jae still needs to find curtains and you need to get a gift for Su-oppa right? Oh have you had dinner yet?”

“Err yes and...no...” Jaejoong replied, not liking where this is going.

“Great! So,” pushing Jaehi towards Jaejoong, “you guys can go ahead and get the gifts and then have dinner together! That way, both of you will have company. I’m so brilliant!” smiled Heejin.

“And you can know him a little better. Maybe find out some things that he likes for me,” whispered Heejin to Jaehi.

"Yah!.." Jaehi started to protest.

“I’m off now! See you tomorrow Jae Jae! Gotta go, oppa! Bye~” Heejin cut her off, waving, leaving the 2 looking at her with mouths open wide. Manipulated, much?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Thanks for reading. So what dya think?

Yay! I've another subscriber! *Punching fist in the air* Komowo!

Do comment yea?! :D