Awakening

Consumed

I feel pain. My face feels swollen, my ribs, they are definitely bruised, broken? Maybe one, on my right side? I cannot tell, everything hurts right now and I fear that my lung has been punctured. Breathing is difficult. My left wrist is definitely broken. My right ankle is throbbing; I cannot tell if it is sprained or broken. My left ankle is definitely broken, I think it might be bleeding. I try to look, but I cannot open my eyes. I try to call for help, but my mouth will not move. Am I dead? I cannot be dead; do the dead feel pain... do the dead bleed? I have never died in such a manner, only watched those around me die this way. I have to still be alive. There is no way I am dead yet. I would see Her if I was. 

 

            How did I end up like this? Unable to move, unable to speak. My head hurts. Was I in an accident? I do not even know where I am. I hear something. Someone? I cannot understand them... They are speaking to me. "Are you okay?" I think that is what they say, the voice is deep. Wait... there is another voice joining the first, not as deep, but concerned? Not for me, for the other. "What if she wakes up? It's too dangerous." The first growls, "We have to help her, she'll die."

 

            I still cannot open my eyes. Why will they not open?! I want to see their faces. I want to ask them where I am, how I got here, I still cannot open my mouth. My eyes hurt I have to open them. They have to know I am awake. "Do you know what happens when humans know of our existence? They end up dead and we have to relocate. We finally got settled here. We have to go. Chanyeol, we have to leave her here. We have to go"

 

            What, they cannot leave me, I will die and She would never let me come back. "Junmyeon she'll die if we leave her this way. We have to help her! We can call an ambulance or something. We'll disappear before they even get here. They'll never know and she won't have to die." He wants to help me. My eyes do not hurt as much; maybe I can open them a little bit? I try, but they refuse to participate. "Chanyeol, I'll call an ambulance, but we can't be here..." The rest of their conversation is lost as I lose consciousness.

 

            I stir from sleep, I must have been dreaming. I feel groggy. When I open my eyes though the light is too bright, and the bed is a little too hard to be mine. The room smells too clean, sterile, but also a nearly familiar smell of death. I feel as though I might vomit. I hear beeping. A heart monitor. I am... in a hospital? I try to sit up but pain near my chest makes sitting up impossible, I still cannot breathe properly. A nurse hurries in and without saying a word injects something into the IV.

 

            I want to ask what happened, but my mouth hurts and it is painful to swallow, like I have not had anything to drink in a week. Soon the groggy feeling takes over and I struggle to keep my eyes open, I cannot sleep yet, not until I know what has happened to me, but it soon takes over and I slowly drift away again.

 

A/N: Ahhh. So there it is the first chapter. I hope you kind of like it? Maybe? A little?

I think I'll do updates once a week. Tuesday or Wednesday nights depending on how I feel or if I remember. So until next week! I leave you with cutie Xiumin :3

 IIt's not like he's my bias or anything