Chapter 20

Secretly In Love

Chapter 20

 

Miss Kang receives a call from Jaejoong informing her about what happened. Now, Miss Kang doesn’t know who to call first. Will she call Seunghyun or Ji Yong first? Seunghyun called your sister to inform her but told her not to tell anything to your parents. He doesn’t want them to know. He’ll just call her if it’s the right time to inform your parents.

 

Now, Miss Kang calls Seunghyun. She dials his number but he can’t be contacted. She tries again and again and for the fourth time she gave up.

 

“Aish. Seunghyun-ssi, why can’t I contact you?” Now Miss Kang decides to call Ji Yong. With just one ring Ji immediately picks up the phone.

 

“Mi Young-ssi. Is she there at your office now?” Ji Yong and Seunghyun told Miss Kang to call them immediately if ever she receives any information from you or if ever you will came to the office.

 

“Ani, Jiyong-ssi. Soojin-ah is in the hospital. Someone called to inform me. Go to her, Ji Yong. Please.” Miss Kang’s voice is trembling.

 

“Arasso. Have you called Seunghyun? Which hospital is she right now?”

 

“It’s in ****. I can’t contact Seunghyun. But I’ll keep on calling him. Go to her. Pali!”

 

Ji Yong then rushes to the hospital where Miss Kang told her. He drives as fast as he could because he really wants to see you now and he’s damn worried about you.

 

KIM SOOJIN. WHAT HAPPENED? Ji Yong’s mind is full of random thoughts of what could have happened to you and why are you in the hospital.

 

When he reaches the hospital, he left his car in front of the gate which made the guards call his attention. He didn’t mind them and continues on going inside the elevator. As soon as he reaches the floor where you are, he searches for your room. Upon finding it, he slams the door open causing Jaejoong’s astonishment.

 

Jaejoong stood up from his seat as Ji Yong makes his way to you. Ji Yong’s eyes fell upon the sleeping you. You look a bit pitiful because of the machine that holds your dear life.

 

“Soojin-ah.” Ji Yong went closer to you and he caresses your hand. Your face is covered by a mask. Your heart beat is being monitored. You were slightly hit, but your body seems so week that is why you are not yet awake.

 

Ji Yong feels the pain of almost losing someone that he cherish. Frustration over took him for he wanted to show more of his heart to you and there you are, lying on the bed unconscious.

 

“Excuse me, I’m Kim Jaejoong.” Ji Yong turns around to look at him. “I’m sorry, I was the one who…” but before Jaejoong could finish what he is about to say, Ji Yong grabs him by the collar and pins him to the wall. He should control himself and should not be taken by his emotions. He releases Jaejoong from his hold and just bows his head for he feels angry and frustrated.

 

All that he showed you was just being sweet and romantic. He is now frustrated for he wasn’t able to protect you in times you needed protection. Now he swears to his life that he would be there for you no matter what.

 

After a few minutes of being quiet and Ji Yong sitting beside your bed, Seunghyun came.

 

He doesn’t know what to say. He blames himself for what happens to you.

 

It’s my fault. I’m such a fool. He went near you and he saw your left arm is injured and is on cast. He saw the bandage on your forehead and the bruises on your face. He feels like he hasn’t done a single good thing to you. Now, no one is to blame but himself.

 

Then Jaejoong stood up again and tried to speak. This time, he was able to say that he was the one who bumped you. Good thing Seunghyun was deep in his thoughts that he didn’t mind Jaejoong.

 

“I’m sorry. Though saying it couldn’t bring back what happened. She just crossed the street though it wasn’t time for her to cross. I’ve reported it to the police and they already checked the CCTV. I’m willing to face any consequences.” Fortunately, Kim Jaejoong is a good man.

 

“Thank you for not leaving her alone on the street. If proven it wasn’t your fault, I’m sorry in behalf of her carelessness.” Ji Yong said as he faced him. Literally, it was your fault! You crossed the street without minding the lights and Jaejoong was not drunk nor was over speeding. It was merely an accident.

 

“I called the doctor since someone already came for her.”

 

Seunghyun didn’t seem to hear the words from Jaejoong and Ji Yong. He just continues to stare at you and is crying silently. Ji Yong sends Jaejoong out after the doctor left. The doctor’s instructions were clear: “We have to have our hopes high that she will wake up soon. Just try to talk to her to gain back her consciousness. Her body is willing but her mind is not. A guardian should be by her side always.”

 

“I’ll come back again tomorrow. I just have some things to do. I promise I won’t run off.” Jaejoong said.

 

“It’s okay. Good luck, bro.” Then Ji Yong and Jaejoong shook hands.

 

--

 

Mr. Yoo is waiting for Jaejoong outside with a car being ready for him. As soon as he step inside, he is in deep thoughts.

 

Who were those men in her life? Is one of them her boyfriend? They should be lucky for they have an angel in their life.

 

Honestly, Jaejoong was captivated by your beauty. Despite the bruises and scars that is evident on your face, he finds you beautiful. Jaejoong is a rich guy from a wealthy and uptight family. He is not sad with the kind of life he has, rather he is not happy and contented.

 

His parents pressure him a lot since birth. From selecting friends when he was still in grade school until finding a girl in his life.

 

Now he finds someone he really likes and he has a feeling that your beauty outside is as pleasing as your beauty inside.

 

“We are here now, Jaejoong.” Mr. Yoo said. Mr. Yoo is his butler eversince middle school. He sees him as his own father.

 

--

 

Seunghyun and Ji Yong were quiet inside the hospital room. They constantly stare at you. Seunghyun on a chair beside your bed and his hand is holding yours. Ji Yong is sitting on a couch behind him.

 

Ji Yong seems to notice that Seunghyun blames himself for what happened to you. He dare not asks about the details of your argument for it was none of his business. He respects whatever that happens between you and Seunghyun remain between you and Seunghyun.

 

“Seunghyun hyung.” Ji Yong spoke first. “If you like, you can go home for tonight and I’ll be the one to stay here. And maybe tomorrow you can watch out for her.

 

“No. I’ll stay here.”

 

“You need to rest and get some sleep. You haven’t slept last night. Don’t worry. I’ll call when she wakes up.”

 

“I’ll stay here and I want to see her the moment she wakes up.”

 

“Hyung, at least three hours of sleep. You can come back later tonight.” Ji Yong is worried of Seunghyun’s health too. Seunghyun agreed that he would only leave and get some clothes and come back right away to stay with you.

 

When Seunghyun arrived at his apartment, Hyomin was waiting for him.

 

“Oh. Seunghyun-ah. Where have you been? I bought some groceries for you. You don’t have fruits and vegetables in your fridge. You don’t have some food stocks in here.”

 

Hyomin notices that Seunghyun wasn’t listening to her. Seunghyun is sitting on the couch with his elbows on his thighs and his hands are supporting his head.

 

“What’s wrong?” Hyomin approached him as she sits beside him and she caresses Seunghyun’s back.

 

Seunghyun lifts his head up but his hands are covering his mouth.

 

“Soojin…” Seunghyun said. “…she’s in the hospital.” His hoarse and deep voice is filled with loneliness.

 

“Why? What happened to her?”  Despite the competition only her knows and feels, she’s still worried for Soojin. She’s not that bad and evil. She has a heart and she knows she can’t hate her for secretly loving her fiancé.

 

“She got hit by a car.” Seunghyun stood up and made his way to his room. “I’m gonna stay there for tonight and some other days. I need to watch her.”

 

“Why does it have to be you?” Hyomin followed him and stayed near the door of Seunghyun’s room. Seunghyun is now packing some clothes which he could use when he will be staying at the hospital.

 

“Soojin’s parents will arrive tomorrow. No one can stay with her.”

 

“How about Ji Yong. Maybe he can watch out for her.” Hyomin’s jealousy is starting to be obvious on Seunghyun’s part.

 

“Don’t be jealous if this time I’ll spend more time with her. I owe her that.”

 

“Why do you owe it to her? You can just visit her. You don’t have to---“ Seunghyun cuts her off.

 

“We owe it to her Hyomin! You lied to me and I was a fool to blame her something she hasn’t done!” Now Seunghyun is getting angry. He raised his voice on Hyomin and she was shocked by the sudden outburst of anger from him.

 

“Yah!” Hyomin can’t make any excuses now. “What made you think she has not done it?”

 

“I know! She wouldn’t have reacted the way she did. She ran off the street that’s why she got hit by a passing car! She always admits her fault if someone confronts her. Yes, she’s not brave enough to speak what her mistakes are but she’s wise enough to admit them!” His voice raises a higher tone.

 

“Now, tell me. Why did you lie?” Seunghyun approached Hyomin and he is grabbing her arms. His gaze is strong enough to bear a hole on Hyomin’s face. He is looking at her like a hungry beast waiting for some answers.

 

Hyomin could not answer him. “Sorry.” Seunghyun was the one who said sorry. “Just lost control over my emotions.” Then he got his bag and went out of his room and made his way on the kitchen to drink water.

 

“Let’s go. I’ll drop you to where you’re headed.” At least he is gentle enough to offer it to Hyomin.

 

“It’s okay. I brought my car with me. I’ll just drive.” Then she headed to the door. But Seunghyun grabbed her and hugged her.

 

“Sorry, Hyomin. I am just stressed. I’ll make it up to you next time.” Then she hugs him back.

 

--

 

Jaejoong is sitting on his office chair. He works overtime tonight. He can’t seem to take his mind off of what happened. Guilt is what he feels. He doesn’t want to leave but feels like he has to.

 

KIM SOOJIN. KIM SOOJIN. KIM SOOJIN.

 

Your name is what is occupying his head. Though his in his office he can’t work properly as a lot – or thoughts of you – are bothering him. He opened his laptop and typed “KIM SOOJIN” on the search engine.

 

The website you created for your business was the first search results that came out. He clicked on it and the page appeared.

 

“Impressive.” That was Jaejoong’s first impression of it. He continues to view it until he came on the part where it says. “THE ENTREPRENUER ORGANIZER”, which is you of course. It shows a picture of you wearing a black inner with black blazer over it. He stares at your smiling picture.

 

“Yeoppeoda”. He admires your beauty. “Sorry for ruining your beautiful face.” He touches the screen of his laptop like how he would like to touch your beautiful face.

 

 

 

 

-----------

 

i've updated!

 

comment please!

 

and thanks for waiting and reading and commenting and subscribing!!

 

:))))))