Chapter 19

Once upon a time

Mrs. Bae's POV

 

“Madam, I have the doctor with me. Doctor Park is now at the neighboring village but I got another doctor he recommended.” Our loyal housekeeper said

 

“Good evening, Madam. My name is Oh”

 

“Good evening Doctor Oh, my daughter in law in inside. She fainted today, she's been pale and weak for the last few days, please examine her if there's something wrong”

 

“I will do, Mrs. Bae”

 

 

I went in together with him. Yi Yun got up as he saw the doctor and bowed to him. The doctor sat next to Soojung and check her pulse. Yi Yun was walking back and forth with worry look on his face.

 

“Why does it take so long?” he said to me

 

“Patience, Yi Yun and let the doctor do his job”

 

It did take a while until he was finished. As he got up Yi Yun run to him

 

“How is she, Doc? What's wrong with her? Is it something serious?”

 

The doctor smiled.

 

“She's just exhausted, Young Master, but she's going to be okay”

 

“Are you sure? You are sure that nothing is wrong with her?”

 

“Yi Yun, don't be impolite” I said to him

 

“It's okay, Madam Bae. In fact, I have a good news for young Master here. You are going to be a father”

 

Yi Yun jaw dropped “Father?”

 

“Yes, young Master. Your wife is pregnant, congratulations”

 

 

Yi Yun blushed “She's... not my wife”

 

This time the doc turned red “Oh I'm sorry, It's just that, you worried so much about her, so I thought you are... I'm sorry”

 

“It's not your fault. You didn't know. But thank you for the news, she's going to be very happy about that” I said to the doctor “Thank you for coming, Sir”

 

“No problem, Madam. Doctor Park will come tomorrow and write a prescription for her. To make her and her baby stronger.”

 

“Yes, I appreciate that”

 

“Good night, Madam. Good night, Young Master. Again, I'm sorry”

 

Yi Yun shook his head and smiled to the doctor.

 

 

 

 

Everybody surrounding us, wanted to know what's wrong with Soojung. I smiled and told them that she is pregnant. The news made everyone happy, even our servants are cheering. Nay Nay couldn't stop smiling and Su Ji already thinking what to do with the baby. Dong Gun hugged me “Our family is getting bigger”

 

“What's going on here?” We all turned around as we heard Jonghyun's voice “What are you all doing in front of my room?”

 

“We are celebrating, my son” Dong Gun said

 

“Celebrating? What's the occasion?”

 

Dong Gun couldn't hide the excitement in his voice as he said “You are going to be a father. Soojung is pregnant”

 

“PREGNANT?”

 

All smiles in our faces faded as we saw his face, there was no joy “What do you mean pregnant? She can't serve me when she's pregnant!”

 

“WATCH YOUR MOUTH!” I rarely see my husband mad, but Jonghyun is really out of line

 

“WHAT?! I was just saying the truth! She's no use, so lousy in ….”

 

 

 

SLAP!

 

Everybody was looking at me. Yes, I slapped him. He needs to be taught a lesson, he's going to far with his actions and words.

 

“You say something like that about Soojung again, you don't have to call me Mom anymore!”

 

He kept his mouth shut but I see in his eyes that he was angry. I don't know who that boy is, that's not my Jonghyun. He left the house but no one stop him.

 

“I'm going in. I stay with Soojung until she gets up” I said.

 

--------------------

 

 

 

 

 

I stirred and slowly opened my eyes, surprised to see so many people around.

 

“Morning, Soojung” Mom said

 

“G—Good morning” I looked around, Su Ji jumped on my bed, smiling widely and I saw Yi Yun too. “Did something happen?”

 

“You don't remember?”

 

I tried to remember “Ummmmm all I could remember is that we were having dinner..”

 

“Yes, and then you fainted”

 

“I did?”

 

Mom nodded.

 

“I guess I should ate more”

 

Mom smiled “Yes, you should, especially now. Because you have to care of the little one”

 

I frowned. Little one? What little one?

 

“What do you mean, Mom? What little one?”

 

“Soojung, you're pregnant”

 

I blinked a couple of times, did she just say...?

 

“That's why you should eat more. I bet your baby is hungry”

 

 

Tears falling down my cheek and I my belly. I'm... I'm pregnant.

 

“Is it really true?”

 

“Yes, Unnie. I'm gonna be an auntie” Su Ji said happily.

 

I looked over to Yi Yun and she was smiling, her eyes told me that she's happy for me.

 

 

 

 

“Now, what do you want to eat? I'll make it for you”

 

I laughed, I do feel hungry now “Can you make me your famous abalone soup?”

 

“Abalone soup on it's way. Come on Su Ji, let's go to the market and buy the ingredients”

 

“But I want to stay with Unnie”

 

“Be a good girl and help me, okay?”

 

“Okay” Su Ji said.

 

 

 

I watched as they went out the door and then realize that I'm alone with Yi Yun in the room. She approached me and sat next to my bed.

 

“Congratulation” she said

 

“Thank you. I still can't believe this”

 

She smiled “You're going to be an amazing Mom”

 

I my belly again. I'm going to love you, little baby. I won't make you sad like my Mom always made me. I'll love you with all my heart.

 

“Funny to think there's another life growing inside you”

 

“The baby is very lucky to have you as his mom. Just don't spoil him too much, okay?” She laughed.

 

“I'll love him, but I will try not to spoil him. I don't want him to grow up like his...” I choked a little bit before finishing my sentence “dad”.

 

“You are going to do just fine” she said

 

“I wish he'll be like you” I couldn't help but blushed after saying that.

 

I stole a glance at her and I saw she was blushing too “You made me blush” she said

 

We both laughed.

 

 

 

Out of nowhere she said “I wish it's a girl”

 

“What?”

 

“I wish it's a baby girl”

 

“Why?”

 

Her face turned bright red as she mumbled “Because she'll be beautiful like you”

 

“Now you made me blush” we laughed again but I can't help of turning red.

 

“I'll teach her to ride, and a little bit kungfu, and to swim, and...”

 

I laughed seeing how she imagine all the things she would do with the baby “I can't braid her hair, but you can do it. And once she grew up, I'll kill any boy who wants to her”

 

I looked at her, she was still busy talking and imagining what she would taught the baby.

 

 

Wouldn't it be perfect if the baby is ours, Yi Yun? But I'm grateful that I have you in my life. Am I selfish of wanting to raise this baby with you?

 

---------------------

 

 

 

 

Happy time for Kryber. A baby is always a blessing ^^

Thank you all for commenting so far. Your comments are my energy *doing f(x) -  soda is my energy dance* ( ̄▽ ̄〜) (〜 ̄▽ ̄)

 

Sneak peek for next chappie

 

 

 

Next on once upon a time

 

"Take care of little baby for me, okay"

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"I have to leave for a while, I'll come back as soon as possible"

-----

 

"No, please. Please. Save him. I beg you. Save him"