Epilogue

And then you were beside me.

 

 
Jongin was lost in thought as he sat on a bench at the train platform. It was a break period at school yet, amusingly, he somehow misses his seat. It was a good seat, he thought. He had a good view of the school's park so he often watches the people that walk by or play around. In fact, in more than one instance has he found himself watching a certain group of friends playing in the park.
 
"Hey, what's so funny?" Luhan, who was sitting beside him, asked.
 
"Huh? Oh. Nothing." he replied while blushing.
 
"You're being weird again..."
 
"No, I'm not." Jongin answered as a smile came out of him.
 
"And to think we ended up just as close friends." Jongin whispered. "Still..." he said as he stretched his arms and yawned. "I'm glad the two of you got together. Now, it's time for me to stop crushing at someone and find my own..."
 
"Yah! Stop yawning in public." Kyungsoo, who was beside him, said.
 
"It's too early in the morning, hyung." he replied.
 
"Even so..."
 
"By the way!" the younger suddenly active. "Can hyung sit beside me on the train later?"
 
"Me? What about Luhan-hyung?"
 
"Pfft. He'll probably sit with Sehun..."
 
"Oh. Right."
 
"So. Sit together with me?" Jongin asked again with pleading eyes.
 
"Sure." Kyungsoo answered blankly.
 
It was a month after the fair ended well that the music club finally got the chance to spend what they earned. Given that the money was not enough for them to buy a good sound system for their room, as Xiumin suggested; they decided to use the earnings as extra pocket money for a trip.
 
The members settled to just go to a resort at a province for three days. Kyungsoo has booked them a nice vacation house for a decent price. Well, prices should be a bit lower than usual because not a lot of people would think of going to a resort a few days before winter when the wind was very cool. Still, everyone looked forward to it. They kept suggesting things that they could do at the beach and at the pool; they even had a to-buy list when they get to the market/mall there.
 
"They're late." Kris, who was sitting opposite the then-deep-in-thought Jongin, dead-panned.
 
"We should've just met each other at the school rather than meeting here." Xiumin added. "It was a bad idea to let the five of them stop by the mall...."
 
"But Lay-hyung seemed like he really wanted to buy something first..." Chanyeol said.
 
"You should've said 'no'!" Xiumin told Kris, with which the latter can only sigh.
 
"Hyung is weak against Lay..." Suho teased from the opposite bench.
 
"That's not true!"
 
"Oh? Really?"
 
"OF COURSE! You're the one that couldn't stop Mr Pouting Duckface!" Kris shouted.
 
"That's... true..." Suho admitted as he lowered his head.
 
"I really find it funny when they tease each other like this..." Chanyeol said. "It's like they're whipped husbands or something..." he added, gaining shouts and death threats from the two older boys.
 
"You aren't much to talk about it. Look how big your bag is!" Kris accused him. "What did you bring again?" he asked with a grin.
 
"Baekhyun-hyung's house." Tao suddenly added, causing the others to laugh.
 
"It's not his house. Jeez." Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "I just brought extra clothes, food, toiletries in case he run out, jackets, hats..." he counted.
 
"What's up with the two of you, seriously?" Kris asked. "Dating? Couple? What?" It was a question that everyone in the platform wanted the answer of. The seven members there were all ears.
 
"Well..." Chanyeol avoided eye contact and scratched his head. "It's a bit... complicated?"
 
"What do you mean?" Suho asked.
 
"Look... I dunno, okay?" the younger said, blushing a bit in embarrassment. "We haven't that thing where you confess to each other... and stuff... so..." he explained as his face continued to grow red.
 
"But you do like him, right?" Xiumin asked.
 
"Well-- ye..." he stuttered but he managed to nod his head.
 
"And he likes you too?"
 
"Who likes who?" Baekhyun, who suddenly popped out of nowhere asked. Baekhyun was one of the five people that went to the mall first before going to the station so the ones waiting were surprised by the sudden appearance. And considering the timing, Chanyeol was the most surprised of them all.
 
"You." Xiumin said right away. "You like Chanyeol, right?"
 
"Wha- what? What are you guys talking about...?" Baekhyun said, feeling the blood rush to his head. 
 
"Cuz I think you guys like each other but I don't get why you don't make things official so-" Xiumin blurted out before having his mouth covered by Suho.
 
"Well... that.. I- He- We...." Baekhyun's mind was suddenly out of control; his head lowered as he tried to hide the blush. 
 
But the situation was more embarrassing for Chanyeol. His mind equally revolving, he stepped away from the group and faced the train rails. "Calm down", he thought as he fanned his purely red cheeks.
 
"We're here!!!" Chen shouted as he and the other three appeared from the direction where Baekhyun's back was facing.
 
"Finally." Kris said.
 
"Hey, we aren't THAT late, you know." Lay said as he walked towards the other. "Besides, I bought you a gift."
 
"What for?"
 
"Peace offering for being late." Lay smiled, showing his dimple. It was that smile again, one that Kris is very weak against. So as he breathed out heavily, Kris just accepted the small keychain toy without saying a word.
 
"Well, that's one way of dealing with hyung's anger." Kyungsoo noted as he observed.
 
"Shut up." Kris said as he now tried to put the keychain on his backpack.
 
 
"What did you guys buy?" Suho asked Chen.
 
"Well... I bought clothes and an extra towel just in case..."
 
"You could've just borrowed some of mine instead of buying, you know."
 
"It's just a few though... and I needed a new towel anyways."
 
"But why did you guys take so long?"
 
"Ask Mr and Mr Couple here." Chen said as he pointed to Sehun and Luhan.
 
"Hmm? Why? Oh-" Suho said as soon as he saw the two.
 
Sehun and Luhan had worn at least four couple items: a matching white wifebeater, matching caps, matching slippers, and matching bracelets. They look like twins, well, more than usual.
 
"You guys are too couple-y it makes me puke." Tao, who was standing beside them, said.
 
"Heyyyy~~" Luhan pouted. "I picked these out."
 
"And you're fine with this?" Jongin asked Sehun.
 
"There isn't much of a choice when he goes all pouty, you know." the younger admitted.
 
"Mean." Luhan said. "You can take them off if you hate it that much."
 
"No! I like them. Really like them" Sehun immediately smiled as he adjusted his cap.
 
"I think it looks good." Jongin said.
 
"Thank you." Luhan smiled.
 
"It makes the two of you look like you're both dating your twin..."
 
"I hate you."
 
"HEY GUYS!" Xiumin shouted. "It's time to get on the train!!"
 
 
 
 
"I'm so excited!!" Chen shouted as soon as all of them got settled on their seats.
 
"We still have two hours before we get there though." Suho said.
 
"Which is why we prepared a game!!!" Xiumin shouted.
 
"Game?" the other eight members asked.
 
"Yes. Me, Kyungsoo, Jongin and Tao here came up with a game to pass the time." he said as he pointed to the four. "Now, may I call my fellow emcee for today, Kyungsoo-ssi?"
 
"YES!" the younger said as he stood beside Xiumin. "Good morning everyone."
 
"What the??" Sehun asked, confused about the sudden event.
 
"To celebrate our club's first trip, we decided to hold the first ever..." Xiumin said.
 
"BEST COUPLE CONTEST!" the two emcees announced.
 
"Best couple??" Lay repeated.
 
"WE HAVE TO WIN THIS!" Chen raised his fist in joy.
 
"We're going to win this!" Luhan clapped his hands, excited.
 
"We're glad to see a little competitiveness from our participants." Kyungsoo noted. 
 
"So, before anything else, we would announce the teams. Not like it isn't obvious or anything..." Xiumin rolled his eyes. "Aside from us four, everyone would be participating in this two-hour event."
 
"So the first team," Kyungsoo said as he pointed to the members.
 
"The team of Mr Dimple Smile and Mr Weak Against Dimple Smiles, Lay-hyung and Kris-hyung!!" he announced as Jongin and Tao clapped and shouted excitedly.
 
"YAAAAH!" Kris protested but Lay just stood up and waved at the crowd. 
 
"Next team." Xiumin said. "The piano room couple, Suho and Chen!"
 
"WOOOO!!!" Chen shouted for his team.
 
"The third team is none other than our public couple!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"Public couple?" Luhan asked.
 
"Our youngest, Sehun, and the man who confessed and sang for his love in public, Luhan-hyung!!"
 
"Seriously...." Luhan lowered his head in embarrassment while Sehun clapped his hands. Sehun even clapped Luhan's hands for him as he teasingly smiled the older.
 
"And, of course, the last team for our Best Couple Contest is..." Xiumin said. "Our newest, yet-to-be-official couple, Chanyeol and Baekhyun!!!"
 
"HURRAAAAYYY!!!!" Chanyeol cheered while Baekhyun blushed at the phrase "yet-to-be-official"
 
"Now that we've introduced the teams..."
 
"Let the games begin!!!" the emcees chorused again.
 
"Our first game is every couple's favorite!" Kyungsoo said as he pointed to what Tao was holding. "It's none other than... Pepero game!!"
 
"HURRAYYY!!!" Jongin, Tao and Xiumin were the only ones that cheered. The participants were either protesting or blushing - but the reddest of them all were Kris and Baekhyun. 
 
"The winner would be the couple that has the smallest leftover bread, which will be officially measured by Tao." Xiumin explained as he pointed to Tao who was holding a ruler.
 
"LET'S BEGIN!!" the emcees chorused again but was only met with silence as the participants were all flustered by the thought of doing the game.
 
"Oh cmon guys, no time to be shy. We have prepared couple games that will last us until the end of the train ride!" Kyungsoo said happily.
 
"You guys play it then!" Kris said as he pointed to the four.
 
"Oh? Is our Kris agitated?" Xiumin teased.
 
"No." the other answered with a glare.
 
"No? Then let's begin with the Kris-Lay couple!!!" he announced cheerfully.
 
"I hate you."
 
"I know you don't. And stop pretending like you're not looking forward to this."
 
"Shut up."
 
"Look, fine, I'll pick the thinnest and smallest pepero for you, okay?"
 
And as Jongin was looking for the pepero, Lay could only sigh while blushing on his own. "It's gonna be a long day..." he thought before shifting his focus to the game.
 
It may be two more hours before they officially start having fun for their vacation, but something tells the members that they started to have fun way before they even got inside the train.
 
"YOU GUYS ARE GOING DOWWWN~!" Chen shouted, officially starting a barrage of noise that the train has yet to experience.
 
 
 
 
 
 
--------------------------------
A/N: Did you guys get Jongin's part? XD If not, look at the first chapter of this fic. haha.
Officially the end! Tell me what you guys think all in all. It'll mean a lot.
Thank you for reading up to the end! I love you~~~! >.<
Look forward to my future fics as well. THANK YOU!