I Met Her A Long Time Ago

Love Between the Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Normal Pov

"Ji Yoon-ah! Come on!" a young lady whinned. "I want to go see the hot guys Eun Ji was talking about!" She looked at her best friend reading out in the porch.

Ji Yoon kept looking at the screen in her cell phone. "Shiro. I'm not going to waste my time talking to snobby guys."

"Ah come on, jebal?" She started pulling Ji Yoon's arm, causing her to drop her cell phone.

The two looked at the possibly broken cell phone on the floor. Ji Yoon looked straight at her friend. "Jung Min, you are so dead."

"Mianhae Ji Yoon. I'll...I'll buy you a new one. A new model!" Jung Min spoke as she picked up the phone, revealing a crack at the top right corner of the screen. After a moment of silence, Jung min said, "well, there's nothing to do out here now. Let's go inside."

The two girls walked inside the fancy decorated venue. Chandeliers were hanging everywhere with delicate drapes being hung over the windows. Expensive flower arrangements were in the center of every table. It was populated with hundreds of people. Not just regular people, but with people in the top class of the society. They were all dressed in formal clothing, with men in their expensive black tuxedos and ladies wearing expensive designer brand gowns. This was obviously a business meeting disguised as a ball.

"Finally I got you in before the event ended," Jung Min spoke as she led Ji Yoon in. That was true. To Ji Yoon, events like these were a waste of time, so she always liked to spend it in a quiet place until it was over. Right now, classical music was playing and people were talking, so this was the opposite of how she expected to spend the night.

"Jung Min," Ji Yoon spoke, "let's just sit somewhere."

"Omo!" a lady exclaimed. "Ji Yoon, come over here!"

Ji Yoon turned and saw her mother wave at her to come over where she was. "Ah, damn it."

Ji Yoon and Jung Min walked over to where her parents were and saw they were talking to another couple about the same age as them.

"This is our daughter, Ji Yoon." Ji Yoon smiled and bowed at the couple, "Annyeonghaseyo." 

"And this is my niece, Oh Jung Min," Ji Yoon's father spoke.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Jung min bowed.

"Your daughter is beautiful," the lady spoke. "I hear you're very intelligent."

"Ah, comsamida."

"What about your son? I heard he was doing well abroad," Ji Yoon's father spoke.

"Seunghyun? Oh yes." The lady spoke. "He finally came back to Korea yesterday."

"We're proud of him. He's actually around here somewhere," her husband spoke, looking around the crowded room. He saw his son walk towards them. "There he is."

"Oh great another guy who thinks he's the center of attention," Ji Yoon whispered to Jung Min.

Jung min turned to see and froze. Ji Yoon noticed Jung Min's reaction. "Jung Min, what's wrong?"

"He-...he's gorgeous," Jung min replied, watching him walk towards them. 

Ji Yoon didn't bother to turn around. She knew he would be just like any other guy who tried to date her, for her money and because her family's company was one of the most successful out of everyone.

"Annyeonghaseyo," he spoke, in his deep voice as he bowed. "My name is Choi Seung Hyun."

"Omo! Your son is so handsome!" Ji Yoon's mother exclaimed. She glanced over at Ji Yoon and saw her looking down at the floor. She whispered, "Ji Yoon! Say hello."

"Annyeonghaseyo." Jung min spoke with a huge smile on her face.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Seung Hyun replied as he bowed.

Ji Yoon's mom saw Ji Yoon was looking elsewhere. She lightly hit her with her elbow. "Ji Yoon, don't make me ground you!"

Ji Yoon finally looked in front of her. "Annyeonghaseyo."

Seung Hyun smiled and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo."

After a few minutes of standing with their parents, listening to them talking about business, Ji Yoon excused herself to the bathroom with Jung Min quickly following after her. They walked inside and Ji Yoon let out a sigh of relief. "How much longer until it ends?"

"Ends? I hope it lasts forever!" Jung min replied.

"What? I want to leave already."

"Are you crazy!?" Jung Min said. "Seunghyun is so hot."

"Hot?" Ji Yoon asked. "Yeah right. He's just like everyone else."

"No way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter