I failed

Do You Remember Choi SeungHyun?

JiYong POV

 

“That’s it for today, guys.”, choreografer hyung said while take his towel and walking out from practice room. I sitting on floor, looking at mirror. Feeling so numb all over my body. I don’t feel like dance when SeungHyun is always on my head.

“JiYong-ah, wanna join with us?”, my training friend ask pat my shoulder.

“Ah? Where?”, I lift my head to face him on top of me. I see the others training passing me by.

“McDonald.”, he say with smile.

“Pass. I have a promise today.”, I smiling sorry to him. He nodding and waving his hand to me and walking out too. Now, I am alone.

Lazily, I stand up and reach my bag. Searching for my towel and phone.

Wiping all sweat from my face and looking at phone screen, my eyes go wide.

 

I am on lobby.

 

“Oh, ! It’s 2 hours ago!”, I jump and grab my bag. Running down to lobby.

 

---

 

When I reach the lobby, SeungHyun waving his hand to me.

He smiling, sitting in front of customer service.

“Hyu-  ah, SeungHyun! What the result?!”, I walking fast to him.

“I failed.”, and I get froze in front of him. Looking at him in disbelieve eyes, because he still smiling to me.

“Don’t joking. What the result?”, I asking him again in shaking tone.

“I failed, JiYong.”, he stand up and pat my shoulder. “They say I am too chubby to be an artist.”

“But-“

“JiYong. Like you said before. No pain no gain.”

“You wait here!”, I say and running back to audition room.

The door is open, and I take a look inside the room. The SunBaeNims still there and chatting each other. One of them notice me and he laughing.

“What, Jiyong? Wanna get audition again?”

“No. I just…”, suddenly I lost my voice.

“What? Just come in.”, he say to me.

I go inside the room and standing in front of them. Looking at their face with nervous and bitting my lower lip.

“I just wanna know, what the result of participant number 7.”

“Hm? Number 7?”, he put down his soda and looking at papers on table.

“Yes.”, I take a glance to noona that staring at me. She is the one that looked me with SeungHyun before.

“Choi SeungHyun.”, he say and read the paper.

“Yes, he is my friend. I just wanna know the result.”

“He is failed.”, he put the paper on table. I take a deep breath.

“But, why? He has a unique voice, right? He can rapp too.”, I trying to defending SeungHyun.

“We know. We love his voice and face. Just his body too big.”

“Body…but that’s just the appearance, right? We need talent-“

“But, artist indeed the appearance, little boy.”, he shaking his head.

“What about my teeth and my small body? You don’t have problems with that.”, I point myself on my chest.

“We can fix it in a blink eye. But diet thing, it’s has a long way. We don’t want to delaying your debut just because waiting him losing his weight, right?”, he looking at me.

I turn to silent after hearing his reason. I don’t know how to face SeungHyun. I don’t know what I am gonna say to him after this.

“This is just 1st day of audition. We still have 2 months. Ask him back if he can losing 15-20 kilos of his weight.”, he drinking his soda again and I'm staring at him.

That’s imposible.

 

---

 

SeungHyun POV

 

I glance at JiYong while we are sitting, waiting for train in station. He bitting his lower lip. He become so quiet after we get out from YG Building. He only say ‘ I am sorry ’ and after that he just answer my question with yes, no or a nod head. It’s a lie if I don’t disappoint of the result. But this is not his fault, this is pure my own fault. But I am happy with my mother cooking, that’s why I can’t say no to her food. But I don’t want to make my friend feel guilty like this too. Sighing.

What should I do?

Suddenly an announcement echoing on station. Say that train which destination to my city is coming this way. I stand up and look at JiYong.

“Look, JiYong. The train is coming.”

“SeungHyun, I am sorry.”, he stand up too and give me his puppy eyes.

“Hey, this is not your fault. It’s done. Okay?”, I lift my eyebrow and smile to him.

“But…”, he put his head down. I look at him at fixing my bag.

“JiYong, we always be friend even I am not join YG.”

“But I want to sing and rapping with you like we old time. You promise to YoungBae too.”

“Yes, I am. Next time I will come to see you guys again, okay?”, I turn around when I see the train coming and it’s sound become more noise.

“No.”, I hear his small voice behind me. His voice covered.

“What?”, I turn my head to him.

“I want to go on stage with you.”, he looking at my eyes. No, he lock it.

Somehow, I can feel spirit and passion in his eyes. A little bit ego at same time makes me shiver. This little dragon really catch me under his nails which makes me believe that we can running this world together.

I close my eyes, breaking the spell and smiling to myself.

“Give me 1 month, Ji. I’ll be back.”