Ch.6- Mile

Is It Her??

Coach Lee blew the whistle and everyone set off- the girls and guys. 

Jisung was at the front of everyone by a lot and Jongup was second. Bang Yongguk was in the middle and you were, too. Out of all the girls, you were in first. To be honest, you were a big athlete and played many sports. It was something you were confident in. 
 
After 3 laps, you were still leading all the girls. Jisung finished first, then Jongup, and Himchan in 5th. Yongguk surprised you finishing 7th and you finished 11th. 
 
"Jihye," you hear coach Lee's voice. "You're almost there, let's go! You're at 6.13 minutes!" 
 
"Dang, look at that chick run. She's good," a boy said. Yongguk looked up and saw that it was you. *Wow, that's pretty impressive....* he thought to himself. 
"Come on Jihye!" Jongup, Himchan, and Jisung cheered. 
You crossed the line at 6.24 minutes, first of all the girls and 11th overall. 
 
"Dang Jihye, you're athletic. That's hot," Himchan said sending you a wink. 
"That was really impressive," Jisung said and gave you a hug which surprised you and everyone else. 
"Well, I am a multi-sport athlete," you laughed. 
"Noona! That was awesome!" Jongup said. 
To be honest, Bang Yongguk was sitting right beside you all and wanted to congratulate you but he couldn't. He just listened to your conversation with the others, jealously...... 
------------------------------------------
In the Locker Room: 
 
"Hey, Jihye, right?" a girl came up to you. 
"yep, that's me...." 
"You killed that run! I'm Soojin, the captain of the soccer team. I'd love for you to come try out for the team. We could definitely use your speed!" she smiled. 
"I'll definitely think about it. I played in England and USA so it could happen!" 
"Cool, I hope you do!" she said then walked away. 
 
You were about to exit the locker room until you heard your name. 
"That Jihye girl thinks she can just come to MY school and show off and attract all the attention of the guys." 
"Unni, it's okay... Calm down. You're so much better than her!" 
"Except at running..." you heard a different voice cut in. 
"Shut up Hyuna!" 
 
With that, you heard heels clicking and the door close. 
You didn't even know what to think... All the guys seemed to like you but now you found out the girls didn't. You never talked to them, but they clearly didn't like you.