The shock that came on a Monday morning-2

What do I do? I think I'm falling in love you.

 

Monday.  He hurries to work and as soon as he reaches the elevators, he sees her pushing the up button. Safe! -made it just in time.  Taec smiles and begins to think, "She looks good in black today.  It compliments her long, dark, shiny hair and her fair skin. Oh, and she's on her 4-inch heels again.  Oh sweetie, your feet will hurt again today."  He sees that she's somewhat dazed, staring blankly at the elevator doors.  So, with an evil cheschire grin he pokes at her side making her yell., "F***!!!"  All he could do was laugh as he sees her compose herself.

They have been best friends for quite sometime now.  Having to work with each other brought them closer.  Each day a lot more closer than the last.  But somehow, Taec has always liked her.  From the moment they first met, he thought she was pretty.  He tried to get to know her even more each day and each day he found himself more smitten by her.  She on the other hand became more familiar, more comfortable with him.  Countless times he thought to himself, "I should ask her out."  Countless times he failed and backed out.  Now, they are where they stand - friends - the best of.

“So what’s up with you today?  You look a little more horrid than you usually do.”  Taec said thinking "Ah she's cute when she's mad, scrunching up her nose and then pouting like that."

 “You too!  I couldn’t sleep.  I couldn’t even enjoy my Sunday.”  The elevator opens and they both get in with about several other people with her being pushed to the corner of the elevator.  “So this is what sardines feel like.” she says with a laugh. 

“So what happened to you?”  Taec asks with him facing towards her holding her close. "I love elevator-time with her." he thought to himself.  “You’re so tiny.  You should drink more milk.”  He said with an air to it as he towers over her. 

“You’re too tall.  You should get your legs chopped or your head since it’s of no use to you or to anyone.”  She said rolling her eyes at him. 

With his eyebrow raised he replied “Well, you…”

“14th floor, our stop!” she says, breaking the conversation before he could even make a sarcastic retort, to which he seems to be an expert at. 

“Hold the door please, I have a little kid with me.”  He said leading her by the arm with a silly smile. "Oh how I wish that ride wouldn't end." As soon as they stepped out he asks again, “So what happened?  What happened?” 

“Got a text and it kept me wondering all day.”  She says as she shows him the phone.

Text message reads:  I miss the way you twist your hair up in a bun with a pencil. ^^…Do you still do that these days? – sender unknown.  

The text made him wince.  "I don't like this at all." he thought. “Hmmm…you’ve got a stalker?  Who would have thought that anyone else would take interest in you…or this could be a prank.”  He says still looking at her phone gripping it tighter thinking, "Who the hell wants to die in my hands and sent you this freakin' text.  Who the F is interested in you this time-other than me.  I mean, who else knows about that pencil in the hair thing? Could it be Jun?"

“Haha…funny.  Anyway, I thought it was you.”  She said looking at his reaction as if trying to confirm the statement. 

“Nope, not me.”  He said handing the phone back walking ahead of her.  They walked straight towards the office greeting people on the way.  All the while he was thinking, "Should I tell her it could be Jun?"  Then he turns back and with a cheesy smile, bent towards her and said, “It might be your ex.”  Then with that remark he walked straight to his office and shut the door behind him.  He leans on the door, head down. "." was all he could mutter.

Through the door he hears her ask, “Which ex?”

 He opens the door to answer, “Jun!” then shuts the door again,  leans back on the wall again, head down, fist clenched. "AHH ! I must be really stupid."

He walks back and forth several times pacing around his office in distress. 

"What the hell was I thinking?  Am I trying to make her remember him again.  I mean, it been years. 4 freaking years!  It can't be Jun."  Taec says in a worried pissed off tone. "Now what do I do?"

He grabs the phone to make a call - several in fact.

 

Its going to be a long, weird Monday ...