Chapter 37

Step Siblings

"Welcome home kids!" Your father and step mother said in unison. You and Yongguk had just come back from school. You both thought it was kind of weird that your parents were home early from work. Yongguk and yourself looked at each other then shrugged. "Dad, why are you both home at this time?" You asked your father. "Yeah mom, why?" Yongguk asked his mother. 

Your  parents chuckled then replied. "What? You guys don't want us home?"

"W-What no it's not that at all!" You said, shaking your head no.


"Darling, I see.." Your step mother said. 

"Honey I see it too.." Your father replied.

"Could it be..." Said your step mother. 

"That.." Your father said after her. *Damn it, I would really love it if they could stop finishing each other's sentences* You sighed mentally as you and Yongguk waited for your parents to spit it out already. 

"You two want your lovey dovey alone time!" They roared in unison as they both pointed at you and Yongguk. *What in the hell! Ugh! Why do they always have to act like such kids!* You thought. You were too speechless to speak. *Man, now I know Yongguk will say something mean...* 

You heard Yonguk chuckled. Shyly, you looked at him. 

"Lovey Dovey?" He repeated your parents. "Yeah right!" He laughed hysterically. You were relieved, but at the same time a bit disappointed by his response. You thought it was good he didn't say anything that mean, but the fact he laughed as if it was a joke for yourself and Yonguk to be together crushed you.
 
"Isn't that funny, right Mi Rae?" Yongguk continued to laugh as he smacked your back. 

"O-Oh Y-Yeah. HA. HA. HA." You forced yourself to laugh. "HA. HA. YES that is sooo funny. woooo" You continued to play along as if you didn't care. 

Yongguk looked at you then instantly stopped laughing. *If it was funny, then why do you look upset?* He mentally asked himself as he continued to look down at you without you knowing.

"Anyways, we're home early because we thought we should have more family times together." Yongguk mother explained. 

"Yeah, you know... family trips, family dinner times, picnics and all that good stuff." Your father added on. 

You forced a smile on your face then spoke. "That sounds great!" 

Yongguk took another quick glance at you then agreed. "Yeah, what she said." 

"Then that's great! Let's start off with eating as a family." Yongguk's mother spoke. "Would you like to help me out, Mi Rae?" She added. You smiled then nodded eagerly. 

~**~

"In two days time it'll be our birthday Dad." Yongguk spoke, gazing at an old photo of his dad. Yongguk was in his bed, practically just admiring pictures of his late father. 

Him and his father shared the same birthday. When his father was alive, they would do everything together on their birthday. March 31st was always his favorite time of the year. But now...it's just a time of painful memories. 

~**~

"Ahhh~ All done!" You squealed, sniffing the good air that smelled like delicious hot food. "Nice team work right!" Your step mom squealed. You chuckled. "Yeah great teamwork" You high five your step mother. 

"Okay, you go get the guys while I set up the table alright?" Your step mother ordered. You nodded and went upstairs to get your step brother and your father. 

*Oh yeah, I didn't text Jee Sun all day.* You thought. Before you got your father and Yongguk, you went into your room then grabbed your cell. 


'Hey Jee' You texted Jee Sun. It's been 5 minutes, yet Jee Sun haven't replied. You thought it was odd because usually Jee Sun would reply in a spilt second. 

Jee Sun saw your text but she decided to ignore it. She's still mad about you ditching her. But that didn't stop you from texting her again. Again. And again.

"Ugh! Why won't she reply to me!" You roared out of fustration. You knew Jee Sun was mad about something. When she's mad, she purposely ignores you. It's always has been like that. Since day one.

"Fine...If she wants to ignore me, then she can ignore me.." You threw your phone on the bed then crossed your arms. You thought you didn't do anything wrong till you remembered today. 

"...I ditched Jee Sun for a guy didn't I?" You spoke to yourself. Not only did you ditch her for a "guy". You ditched her for a guy she really didn't like at all. You sighed then apologized on text. Right after you sent the text, you heard your step mother's voice. "Mi Rae! Did you get the guys!?" "O-Oh Yeah! Sorry I'll get them now." You answered back, leaving the room. You knocked on your dad's room. The minute you knocked he ran out his room "Food!" You rolled your eyes then chuckled. "Oh dad.." You mumbled. 

You went after Yongguk's door. Knocked. But no reply. *Is he asleep?*You thought, slowly opening the door, peeking inside. You saw Yongguk day dreaming. "Yongguk?" Yet no response. You walked into his room and saw that he was gazing at a calendar that was hung up his wall. *Hmmm today's date is the 29th* You thought. *Yongguk must be thinking about something importa- Waiiitt, March 29th...NO WAY! IT'S ALMOST YONGGUK's BIRTHDAY!* You squealed happily in your mind. You knew his birthday was on the 31st. After all, you're his biggest fan. You thought to yourself then out of no where, you grinned. "I have an idea!" You squealed loudly, causing Yongguk to break out of his day dream. "What are you doing in my room"?" He asked, looking at you suspiciously. "Oh I just wanted to tell you that dinner's ready" You answered his question. He nodded then gave you a smile, thanking you before walking out the door. 

"Is it me...or does he seem kind of upset?" You asked yourself, walking out the room after Yongguk. 

~**~

Your dad was getting ready to eat before you stopped him. "No No No. Dad you know what we do before we eat." 

Your dad sighed. "Ugh..pray?" "Yeah that's right!~" You chuckled before you and your family bowed your heads. You prayed then began to dig in. You sat in front of Yongguk. *Deja Vu..* You thought. You remembered the first time you sat in front of Yongguk like this. You nearly lost it. And here you are again, sitting in front of him not only as a fan this time, but as a sister of his. You couldn't help but stare. 

"What?" Yongguk asked you. You jumped and shook your head no. "N-Nothing Nothing!" You answered quickly then pulled out your phone. *I don't have enough days, I should get started!* You mentally said. You looked into your contacts on your phone, looking for Zelo. 


"Hey, Zelo. We need to talk right now! Bring the others too." You texted Zelo, impatiently waiting for his reply. "Mi Rae honey, is there a matter?" Your step mother asked/ "Hm? Oh noo! Nothing at all!" You answered before going back to eating your dinner. "Ugh, when is he texting back?" You unknowingly spoke your mind. *He?* Yongguk watched you. The word 'he' made him feel well you can say uneasy. "Who are you texting?" Yongguk asked. You chuckled then replied. "Why does it matter to you" "Because it does" He replied. You could see the frustration and irritation in his eyes. *Damn..what is he all worked up about?* 

"We're together right now, at my house. Want me to come get you? Since you've never been to my house." Zelo texted back which made you smile happily. "Yes! Yes! I'll be waiting!" You returned your text. 

"Mi Rae, I think you should put that cell down and eat your food." Your dad ordered. You shook your head no. "No dad, this is important." "Hey, listen to your father" Yongguk's mother added. You rolled your eyes. "Fiinee!" 

You did as you were ordered. You set your phone down on the table, then quickly you finished your food. "Mi Rae! Calm down! You don't want to choke do you!?" Your step mother worriedly said. You spoke with your mouth full. "I'm fine, I'm fine. Don't worry. By the way I will soon be going out." You stood up then picked up your phone. "I'll do the dishes later" You added. 

"And where are you going?" Your father asked. "To a friends house, don't worry I'll be home on time." You answered, leaving the table. 

~**~

You and Jee Sun made up during the time you were waiting for Zelo. You were glad that everything was fine. You told her that for sure you had no feelings for Yongguk, which was totally a lie and you know it. You just wanted her to be happy with you. 

The door bell rang. Your step mother answered the door. "Hey Junhong. Are you looking for Yongguk?" Yongguk's mother asked. Just when she opened the door, Yongguk walked out the kitchen. "Is that Zelo?" He murmured. 

"Ah, No. I came to pick up Mi Rae." Zelo answered. 

"Oh I see, I'll call her right down." 

Yongguk was confused. Instead of Zelo coming to see him, he wanted to hang out with Mi Rae. "What the hell..." He mumbled. He was nothing but pissed at the whole situation. 

"You're here!" You spoke, smiling at Zelo. "Yeah, you ready?" He asked and you nodded. As you walked out the door, Yongguk looked out the window, watching you enter the car with Zelo and his mother. 

"I wonder what's going on with those two.." He heard his mother's voice. 

"Aigooo, could it be that they're dating?" He continued to hear his mother voice. His mom was talking to him, but he chose to ignore it. He wasn't in the mood of a conversation. Especially when it has to deal with his sister and best friend. 

"They do look like a cute couple-" "That's it mom! I don't give a damn about what they are!" He stormed, walking out on his mother and into his bedroom. 

Yongguk's mother chuckled to herself quietly. "My son's jealous huh?" 

~**~

"Hey Mi Rae!" All of the B.A.P members squealed. You smiled and hugged each and every one of them. 

"So what brings you here?" Daehyun asked. You grinned then answered. 

"Let's throw a party for Yongguk. His birthday is coming up right!?" 

The minute you spoke your mind, the whole members looked at each other. To you, their face expressions seemed like they disliked the idea. Like they hated the idea. 

"Not a smart idea Mi Rae, not a smart idea at all..." Youngjae answered, ruining your mood and happiness. 

*Why do they hate the idea!* You mentally screamed.