Chapter 4

Step Siblings

" I'm getting married" Your dad shockingly said. ~ cough..cough..cough~ You coughed while you banged against your chest to  stop you from coughing, but it didn't work you continued to cough. You were choking on the water that you sipped seconds before when your dad said " I'm getting married".

 

~ Cough cough~ You coughed, still choking your dad rushly ran across the table to you and started to pat your back continuously. You smacked his hands off yourself gently. " I was worried about you.. are you okay?" Your dad asked. He lost his wife, he didn't want to loose you too. Seeing you choke, frightened him badly. You suddenly stopped choking and you wiped ur lips. " I'm fine" You knew you weren't fine. You just wanted to remove yourself from this sititution.

 

You stood up, stepping 2 inches away from the table, you couldn't hold in your thoughts anymore so you blurted out. " HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME.. TO MOM?!"  You started to shed tears. Your dad walked towards you. " Please, lets sit and talk about thi-" " NO!" You said wiping your tears with your wrist, but tears were still overflowing. You cried like a little infant.

 

You stepped away from your father, feeling irritated more and more when he tries to come near you. You felt so weak, you didn't know what to do. Your dad came closer to you, trying to calm you down but you ran upstairs to your room, and shut the door so loud.  You layed on your bed  with your face facing down on the pillow. You started to cry even more than before. Then.. you heard footsteps up the stairs, coming towards your room. ~Knock..Knock~ Your dad knocked your bedroom door, you ignored him, however that didn't stop him from aproaching you.

 

" Mi Rae" Your dad called.

 

Not knowing he opened your door quietly and walked towards you. He saw you beating yourself, crying, whining. It made him feel bad, and that hurted him badly.

 

" Mi Rae" Your dad called once again, with a shaky voice. He sat on your bed, and started to comfort you. You wanted to run away or push his hands and arms off you, though you couldn't because you were mentally weak. "You know... this is not only a hard time for you. It's a hard time for me.. and an other child." Your father said. You didn't understand so you looked at your father with an awkward face.

 

* What? I don't understand.* You said mentally. 

 

"My fiancee she has a son."

 

" Wow...you are already calling her fiancee" You said rolling your eyes.

 

" I've been dating her for almost a year now. I've never told you because, I knew you would end up like this." Your dad assumed. You felt even more irritated. " I can't trust you no more" You said shedding some more tears. " Please...Just hear me out" Your dad beg.

 

" You see.... I met her at work. We have been working together for 7 years. So we knew eachother pretty well. Then, your mother died. I wasn't myself for a year. No one else noticed but the woman I am about to marry . She kept asking me what's the problem or what's wrong. But, I would always lie and put a fake smile across my face and said that I'm fine. She knew I was lying, but that didn't stop her from comforting me. There was one day I had to go to her office, we had to talk about some business. She wasn't present in her office and I was bored just waiting there, so I decided to snoop around when I found a photo of herself, a kid, and a man. I gazed at the photo. I thought she looked happier in the picture than she looked now. Then, I heard her angry voice scream across the room, what are you doing, she grabbed the picture from my hands.It startled me, I didn't even hear her footsteps come towards the door. I  did apologized, then she started to burst out in tears. Of course I acted like a fool, and said sorry no need to cry, sorry I touched the picture. I thought she was crying because of that. But, not knowing she was actually crying because of the death of her husband. She felt like she was close to me, so she told me everything. She told me how she has a son, and her husband died in a car accident trying to protect her and her son. When that accident happened her son was only seven and he lost his dad. ONLY The Age Of SEVEN! I pitied her, and felt like I was connected to her somehow. I felt bad that she willingly opened her heart to me and told me her problems, but I...I acted like a fool, a coward! I tried to comfort her, giving her hugs, patting her back, but it didn't seem to work.Then I told her everything. I told her about you, your mom . I told her the pain, the burden that I still have to carry. I thought my heart would never be healed, but I guess I was wrong. Ever since that day, we became closer and closer to the point that I started to develop feelings for her, and she for me. Suddenly, I had the courage to ask her out, and now to ask her to marry me." Your dad explained.

 

You didn't know what to say next. You didn't even know what to think. You thought you healed your dad heart, you thought you made your dad happy, but another woman have. Another woman has taken the place of your mom, and the thought of that made you feel even worse than before.

 

" I didn't only get engaged for myself, I did it for you as well." Your dad spoke.

 

" Well... You shouldn't have. I'm happy with just you and me. Still, you went and found a woman, to take my place in number one girl in your lif-" " You still are!" Your dad cut you off.

 

" You still are" Your dad repeated but calmly this time.

 

" When are you guys getting married?" You asked annoyed. You didn't look at your father, you were to upset.

 

" In four weeks, also she and her son are moving in next week." Your dad answered.

 

"Wow, so sudden" You spoke.

 

"I wanted you to get to know them before we get married. I know you will like them, your new mom is really sweet, also you and your new brother will have something in common, so please give them a chance" Your father addressed.

 

* I don't want to get to know them, I'm not going to like them. He's getting re-married to a woman I don't even know. I'm upset, really. I thought all daddy needed was me, but I guess I was wrong. Bu-. But! There's no need to get married again. I don't agree with this choice. I hate them...I hate them, even when I haven't met them yet.* You mentally said.

 

You didn't say another word, the room was so silent. Your dad broke the stillness in the room. He kissed your forehead and said... " I will be leaving your room now." You felt lonely even more, when your dad told you his plans. He left the room, and you felt worse. You wanted someone to comfort you, to tell you she/he loves you. You wondered if you would ever find that special someone.

 

" Oh mother.. I wish you were still here" You said gazing sadly at the photo of you and your mom.


Note:

This chapter is probably boring lol. But, it will get better, thx for reading.

Also please upvote, if you want. Thx ^-^