The Day That Changed Our Lives

Passer-bys

 

After I woke Kiki up, I went to get breakfast with Sun. She really makes the most daebak hashbrowns, so brown and juicy hashbrowns....ok, time to snap out of my daydreams. It was Saturday morning and I was feeling as fresh as a leaf. Ok, that was cheesy. But yeah, I felt really awake. And I needed to burn those  extra calories after the hashbrowns too...

So after breakfast, we all left our apartment. It was really cold, so we  wrapped up in our warmest clothes and set off on our usual Saturday morning jogs. We were making our to the Han River since our apartment is really close to it. We chatted, like usual, nonstop and had a million snacks inbetween to make up for the lost carbohydrates (which we're supposed to lose anyway, but our growling stomachs got in the way).

"Hmmm. Let's all sing a song." This weather is amazing, but it was making me feel dreary. Kiki and Sun agreed with me, so we started singing Dream Girl by SHINee.

 

"Dream Girl, sone japhil deut japhiji anneun. Dream Girl, maeil bam ireoke neol gidaryeo. Dream Girl, dalkohmi sarangeul soksagigo. Achimi doemyeon sarajil dream girl."

"Excuse me, ladies?" a man called at us, startling us as we abruptly stopped. South Korea was geneally a safe place, including the Han River hangout areas, so our fear was unnecessary. And then we turned around and saw who the man was.

He looked just like every other Korean man. What was his business with us? And then I noticed a little dog yapping away behind his feet. It was a sweet little poodle....that reminded me of Comme Des. And there was another man behind the dog. He was wearing a pair of funky glasses and a cool hat, so I couldn't really see his face. He had blonde hair and pink tips though...AND HOW THE HELL COULD I NOT TELL WHO THIS MAN WAS??!! It took me a few seconds, but shok overtook me as I realised I was standing infront of Key, Kkomde, and his manager. Kiki and Sun gased as they realised this at the same time.

"Ummm..." I started.

"Was that you girls singing, just now?" Asked Key, with almost perfect english pronounciation. We'd been living here for quite a while now, so we knw fluent Korean. Sun replied to him, saying that yes, it was indeed us singing just now. I bent down to pat Kkomde, hoping Key wouldn't mind. Instead, he bent down and started speaking to me. I felt a bit flustered and was unable to answer. Kiki kicked my behind then, and I tumbled into Key. I started furiously apologising, but he didn't seem to mind at all. He just gave the iest smile ever and  said it was totally fine.

Apparently, Key's manager really liked our singing. He said we were eligible to audition for SM. WOW. I couldn't believe it. AT ALL. He asked us to go to the SM headquarters and give our names. He would speak with Lee Soo-Man on our behalf and arrange  for us being trainees.

"Key Oppa!" I finally blurted out. Then I realised I wasn't sure if he thought it was okay to call him oppa just yet. But he just smiled, and waited for me to continue. "Ummm..." I continued. I felt his gaze burn through the hair that was covering my face, and I immediately became aware that I was in my jogging outfit. It just had to happen, didn't it? "Sorry about my clothes" I apologised for no reason. Oh god. I was such a moron.

"Hey, Key" Kiki continued coolly. "Will you be meeting up with the rest of the 91'ers soon?"

"Yeap. Infact, tomorrow's Minho's birthday. 9th of December. All the 91'ers are meeting up to celebrate with him. Would you girls like to come along?" He replied, just as coolly, not seeming deterred by my awkwardness. "Omg, can we??" Sunny asked, chirpilly.

"Sure. Jinwoon, Woohyun and Sungyeol are tagging a ride with me, so I'm not sure Jonghyun Hyung's car can fit us all in. Aish, I told him to buy a bigger car. Jeongmal. Anyway, Sungjong and Dongwoo are probably gonna come to crash the party, so you girls can tag along with them." said Key.

Suddenly, his phone buzzed. He checked his phone, with a frown on his phone. "Aiiiish, Jinwoon just cancelled on me. He needs to practice for their comeback in January." And then, he smirked. "That means....one of you ladies can come along with me. Anyone of you interested?" He asked, but gave me a sly little wink. Oh god. I think I just died. But  this was so not the time to die. Kiki and Sunny were already daydreaming about their car ride with Sungjong and Sungyeol....so I plucked up the courage to say "Key Oppa, may I come?" Oh god. Now I just sounded desperate. But  he winked again and said he was glad I wanted to come.

Then his phone rang, and this time it was...