To the night

(fill) me - drabble challenge
 
To the nightSukai   Drink me   192 words
 
┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉
 

You're drunk already? 

The empty shot glass clinks like a bell against the glass table as Jongin sets it down.

Junmyeon shakes his head incredulously. “That was only three. Lightweight.”

“Shut up, gramps,” Jongin moans, shaking his head to fight the rush of alcohol before slumping back against the couch.

Junmyeon’s soft chuckle behind his fifth shot of vodka is audible even over the heavy bass in the club. Maybe it’s because they are sitting so close.

Or maybe it is simply because Jongin just knows.

After a few moments, Jongin turns his head to look at his hyung. “So which one is it?”

Junmyeon’s eyebrows peek over the edge of a chaser in response.

Gesturing at it all, Jongin says, “Calling me out of nowhere to drink. Is it to remember? Or is it to forget?”

Dark eyes become thoughtful and Junmyeon nods in consideration. He pours two more shots before he answers. “I think I’d prefer to think of it as a celebration.”

Jongin takes the glass and returns a “Fair enough.”

“To us?” Junmyeon asks, raising the glass reflected with dancing lights.

Jongin smirks. “And to the night.”

Clink!

   ┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉