Chapter 4

The Collar

 

     We crossed the boarder, which was simply a ravine that had a stone bridge that connected the two side, just after daybreak. Somehow the trees and wildlife seemed more.... lively here. I guess its just a “the grass is always greener on the other side” thing.

     The trip was faster than I had thought it would be, I thought they would keep the capitol farther from the boarder, and we got to the gates just after noon. The gates slowly opened as they saw us appear, only to have a team of guards on the other side to greet us.

     “King Asar.” the head of the guard spoke “We are here to you and to the palace where your soldiers can rest and you may visit with our kings.”

     My Lord scoffs and knocks his cane once against the floor of the coach, letting the Captain know to answer affirmative. After that they walked us through the city to its center where a palace stretched to the skies, reflecting light in its many windows almost like a second sun for the city.

     “My pet,” My Lord pulls me from the window. “we don’t need more people to see you. I know you want to get the lay of the town, but this is for the best. Stay away from the window until we exit the coach.”

     And with that order I remain frozen in my chair, only the image of the sun castle reflecting the sun, as I memorize every movement the wheels make as we go deeper into the city. It seemed weird that there was no one on the streets, no children playing as their parents call out to them or merchants selling clothes or trinkets. MBLAQ must have made them stay off the streets we traveled.... or the grew silent as the mass of guards and soldiers came and went.

     Before I knew it, we stopped. My nerves got set on edge, only way to tell was the slight adjustment to my new black skirt to my usual white dress. My Lord said that this way I will blend in better and not attract as much attention from the kings. It was weird that he took more care than normal to hide my presence.

     “Allow me first, my pet,” My Lord whispers as the door opens and I make a move to leave first. What is My Lord thinking? There might be someone waiting to kill him from afar. Its too dangerous. “I know that you won’t let anything happen to me, Angel.” My Lord used my name.... or the name he gave me.

     My mind filled with gray clouds as my muscles relaxed. My name..... I feel almost free....

     “Now come and follow.” My Lord speaks as he steps out of the cover of the coach, I follow shakily, not knowing what to do with this new found sense of freedom. But as I move I feel my chains being replaced again.

     Standing tall above us, the shinning castle that held MBLAQ.

---

     Hallways and doors, more doors and another hallway. We wove like a maze to the Throne Room of the palace. I memorized it all, I don’t like being in new places. Too many unfamiliar sounds, sights and smells as I follow My Lord and the Captain, now wearing a white cloak instead of the norm black. Add to the confusion I assume.

     A few of the soldiers My Lord brought follows behind us as the rest take care of the horses and supplies. Not that they wouldn’t be able to handle themselves if My Lord’s plans fail, but I marked the floor with my shoe each turn for them to follow. It’ll be easier to protect My Lord if they arrive and help with the extra guards.

     Standing in front of an impressive set of ivory and silver doors, My Lord waited to be announced. The Captain takes a glance back at me just as I hear the doors open and My Lord’s titles announced. It will take a while.... After conquering so many kingdom’s he gained many titles.

     After what seemed eternity, My Lord walks forward into the simply decorated room, tapestries cover the walls that there are no windows. A long rug runs up the center of the hall, splitting into five sections leading to the five thrones all of which occupied but one next to the center one. Where was the last king....? We need to be with all five of them for My Lord’s plan to work. 

     Though a small part of me sighed to see that there was hope for this land. Which then vanished as a side door opened.

To be continued....