Chapter 5

The Collar

 

~Joon’s POV~

     I knew I was late to meet with King Asar. Its only a minute late, so I would only arrive in the Throne Room after they arrived. So what? I had to ask that scout more about The Sword, which wasn’t much since he was still stunned from blood loss. He just kept muttering white, and other nonsensical words.

     I pushed open the doors that lead into the long room, more of a hall, having every eye turn to my entrance. I was right, everyone was here waiting for me. I nod to my brothers as I sit between Seungho and Mir. Mir of course gave me a long look before turning back to King Asar and his soldiers.

     The silence remained as I finally took in the Power Lord and his entourage. He look like a normal man, dressed in expensive black clothes with little white and gold t. Not what I had in mind for the King. Though from the way he stood in front of us, he felt at level around other monarchs even that he was in a higher status.

     Pompous man not knowing where he stands. I smirk as the plans we made run through my head. He is in for a treat...

     My gaze finally scan over the rest of his group to see a man in white and black standing just behind Asar, he seems to be The Sword I’ve heard so much about.... but there seems to be something off about how he doesn’t seem so protective over his master or scanning his surroundings.

     Next after them in her own row, stood a girl. Her light blue eyes moving over the five of us on our thrones. Her face was calm even being in a room full of powerful men. She was dressed also in black and white, a very simple dress compared to the uniforms of the soldiers and Asar, the only jewelry she had on was a necklace wrapped around her neck, looking more like a collar to me. Why bring her this far if she doesn’t seem important enough to give her better clothes. She’s even playing with her skirts, she’s uncomfortable.

     I wanted to stand up and immediately take her to give her better clothes and possibly a meal, she’s on the thinner side.

     Finally Seungho sighs softly before he speaks, “Welcome King Asar, to our kingdom and our city.”

 

~Your POV~

     Finally, the last king entered, wearing an altered version of the royal blue and silver outfits, his holding more black details than silver. With him sitting in the once empty throne, the five kings have assembled and all that was left was to see who spoke first.

     I can’t speak, so I took the time to size up my opponents. Starting with the  obvious, the one in the middle, King Seungho, who is the leader of the brothers. His lips seemed that they are swollen, almost out of proportion with the rest of his features, and his light hair was cut short.  The next one is be King Byunghee, or King G.O as he is better know for, who sat to his brother’s right and seemed to have issues keeping his legs closed, or not completely open to split his pants. From what I heard from My Lord, he was the negotiator of the kings, he is the one who traveled to other kingdoms to speak the terms of peace and he is mostly successful. Well obviously, they rival us in land size and possibly power.

     Next to G.O would be the second youngest, King Cheondung. Though he is known as Thunder, and with the weapons he is know for inventing and improving. He has a long nose that sits center of squinting eyes, as a perfect frame of dark hair frames his face.

     On the opposite side, sits the maknae, King Mir. He has another name, though its mostly lost to common knowledge that even My Lord doesn’t know it. He is their master spy and trickster, he is the one who comes up with the plans to take over the kingdom if they had ever fought. Despite his serious look, his features formed a baby face with a mess of dark brown hair on his head, sweeping his forehead.

     The last king and the third oldest/youngest, depending on what perspective you looked at it, is the one that arrived late. King Joon, know for his strength and speed, with his muscular figure the stories were true. But what struck me was his face, and the fact that he was looking at me, making our eyes lock. 

Sizing me up as I sized him up, its kind of ironic, the two who fight already named each other out.Does he even know I’m My Lord’s Sword? No, that’s impossible...

     Seungho speaks though I don’t catch what he said, probably a form of greeting. My Lord steps forward and I break my eye contact with the curious man to watch him and the rest of the room as they shift with him.

     “And what a lovely city this is. I am very happy to have traveled such a great distance to greet and welcome you to this region.” My Lord expresses as he gives a nod in his form of a bow.

     “We thank you for that,” Seungho replies standing from his throne his brothers all move with him, Joon slower than the rest as he continues to stare at me, “and for such kindness, on behalf of my brothers, I would like to invite you to stay for a week or two. If it would not be a burden.”

     My Lord smiles as his plan unfolds. “I would be most humbled to accept your hospitality. If a week and a half isn’t too much.”

To be continued...