Chapter 5

Do I Love You?

It was Sunday morning. Ji min woke up early again, knowing what was planned tomorrow. She couldn’t contain her excitement as she made her way towards the bathroom to freshen up. Once she finished her daily routine, Ji min walked out her room to see many bags and boxes piled up in the living room.

“Why are there so many boxes?” Ji min thought out loud, wondering what was in the boxes. She was about to open one of the boxes when she heard a voice from behind.

“Oh, you’re awake.” Ji min turned around to see Dongwoo coming out of his room with another box. He gently set it down next to all the other boxes and turned to look at Ji min. His facial expressions were depressing. Something was going on.

“What’s going on?” Ji min asked him confused with the whole situation.

Dongwoo’s eyes softened after hearing her question. He gave Ji min a gentle gaze making her utterly confused. He gave her a long, meaningful hug.

“Ji min-ah, I’m moving out to live with Infinite.” He hugged Ji min a bit tighter.

“What!?” She yelled, completely shocked with his answer. She pulled out of his embrace and looked inside one of the boxes to see some of his belongings inside them. She felt tears dripping down my cheeks as her gaze turned towards the floor. "He's leaving me all alone!? How could he?! We only had each other.."

He pulled her in for another hug. “Don’t worry, Ji min. I’ll make sure to visit often and you can still see me at school. Alright?” Dongwoo started to softly cry.

She nodded and pulled him closer as more tears continue running down her face. Ji min pulled away when she felt his shirt become wet from tears.

“Sorry.” Ji min sniffled as she stared at his now soaked shirt.

He looked down at his shirt and chuckled. Dongwoo reached out to wipe her wet cheeks.

“It’s okay.” He said as he cupped her cheeks with his hand and gave her a gentle smile. He then grabbed Ji min’s hand and started dragging her towards his room.

“Come on, help me pack. Infinite's coming over later tonight to get all my stuff.” Dongwoo said as they reached his room.

 

Dongwoo and Ji min then spent their morning and afternoon packing all his belongings.

“Why does he have soo much stuff!?!” Ji min groaned as she placed the last box on the floor next to the others. Ji min collapsed on their couch and rested her head on the arm rest. She heard the doorbell ring, but before she could make her way towards the door it flung opened revealing Infinite being their loud selves as always.



 

“Ji Min Noona!!!! Dongwooo~ HYUNG!!” Sungjong yelled from the front door and made his way towards the living room. He saw Ji min sitting on the couch casually drinking her beverage.

He took a seat right next to her, stealing a sip from her drink. “Yo, Noona. Where’s Dongwoo?”

“I’m right here!” Dongwoo yelled from his room. He came out with his backpack and other important belongings.

“Woah, Hyung why's your backpack so big and heavy?” Hoya said when he took Dongwoo’s backpack to see what was inside.

Hoya opened the backpack to see it filled with the most unnecessary things ever. Snacks, toys, clothes, more bags.

“Hyung, why do you have so many snacks in here?” argued Hoya. Hoya then opened one of the many varieties of snacks and started eating the snacks.
“My snacks!” Dongwoo helplessly cried out. Ji min was happy that her brother was enjoying himself. It was a bittersweet feeling. Now, everyone has abandoned her. Not technically, but she would be living alone now. She tried to hide the fact that she was about to cry. But Myungsoo noticed and quickly rushed to her side.
He comforted her as she cried, “Shh.. shh. Don’t cry. Dongwoo hyungs not leaving forever.”

“I know, but I can’t help feeling-” she sobbed in between words. “I- He’s my brother and- and he’s leaving me.. Leaving me all- ALL ALOOONEEEEE!!”




 

They had a little party for Infinite’s new dorm. Except.. it was at their apartment. Regardless, they had so much fun! Everyone played games, sang some noraebang and danced! It tore Ji min’s heart apart when they had to leave.
“VISIT OFTEN OKAY. PLEASE.” Ji min hugged Dongwoo, not wanting to let him go.
He chuckled and kissed my cheek, “Don’t worry. I will. Love ya, Ji min!”
“I love you too, Oppa.” She gave him a weak smile. He winked and walked out the door. She hated watching him leave.

Ji min didn’t sleep. She cried for a long time. She felt so alone. So empty. Ji min cried herself to sleep. She was already missing Dongwoo even though he left just a few hours ago.

 

 

 

 

 


 

*zzt~ zztzzt~ zzt~*
D.O’s  phone rang non-stop.
Who could be calling me at this time? At least they woke him up for school. D.O grabbed his phone.

CALLER ID:  Jang Ji min

Hello? Ah, what?” He held the phone closer to his ear.

“YAH! COME OVER NOW. FLOOR-”
D.O quickly pressed the end button.
“Is she crazy?!”

She called back immediately. Her voice angry, “You hung up on me, didn’t you.”
She ordered D.O to visit her home with breakfast. He hurriedly made some kimchi pancakes and headed over.
D.O rang the doorbell a couple of times. No answer.
“Ji min? Ji min, you there?” He turned the doorknob. The door flung open. He looked in.
“Hmm. The doors not locked.” Without even walking in the house, this stench entered his nose, forever ruining his sense of smell. The house seemed rather lifeless. D.O flinched once he saw the kitchen.
“JI MIN!” He ran all over the house looking for her. “JIIIIIIIIIII~~~ MIIIINNNN~!!!” He found her sleeping in her bedroom. That place was a mess also. Her face resembled a doll. Ha, and her house was a dollhouse.
He decided not to wake her. Instead, D.O went ahead and cleaned her house. After 20 minutes, Ji min appeared from her cavern.
“D.O. What are you doing?” She eyed the place.
“I cleaned! It wasn’t easy. You had mold in the kitchen, rotten food. Uh- I brought you breakfast..” D.O pointed to the warm food placed on the newly cleaned table.
“Thanks. Oh, I need to tell you something.” Ji min spoke with food in .
He handed her a napkin. “Eat with your mouth close.”D.O scolded before he asked. “What is it?”
She swallowed her food, “I think I might confess soon. I’m feeling pretty confident. I wrote a letter already.” Ji Min held out a pink envelope, cutely decorated with hearts and stickers.
D.O looked at her, questioning her confidence. “Are you sure?”
She smiled brightly nodding her head eagerly.. After finishing her food, and getting ready, they headed out to school.

They arrived at school. Many students gave them looks. Among the chattering, D.O heard some rumours.
People actually thought Ji Min and him were a thing! I can’t believe it. Ji min didn’t seem bothered by it. More like she couldn’t hear about it. Good thing she had her earbuds on.

 

 

 

 


Finally, it was time for gym!
There abnormally fit coach came inside the gym. “STUDENTS. TODAY, YOU WILL BE PRACTICING SOCCER. PLEASE PICK A-”
D.O interrupted. “Aye! Ji Min! Let’s be partners!”
She responded back, just like planned. “Over here! Let’s be partners!”
The coach was bewildered. “Uhm- GOOD ENTHUSIASM D.O-ah and Ji min-ah. ALRIGHTY THEN. GET PARTNERED UP, EVERYONE!”
Ji min winked at D.O.He couldn’t help but to chuckle a bit villain like.
“Eh?!” Ji min whispered quite loudly. “Kai partnered up with Sunny! She’s weeeirrrrd!!”Ji min furrowed her eyebrows annoyed. D.O glanced back at Luna.
“Ugh! Luna partnered up with a lame-o too!” D.O stared intensely at Chen but it was no use.
I’m going to admit it, I was jealous.”D.O thought. Just then, he realized Kai’s partner was a girl.
“Hold up. Hold up. I can’t hit a girl!” D.O argued. Just the mere thought of him hitting innocent Sunny made him feel guilty.
“Nothing gets in our way.” she growled. “Do you think Sunny is going to change our plans?”
D.O gulped. “I guess not. We should start passing now. Heh..” Luna once again caught D.O’s eye. “
Argh. Do you know how much I wanted to to hit Chen?” He thought angrily.
“PASSSSS!” Ji min yelled. D.O paid no attention. “PASSSSSSSSSSSS! YO. D.O.”
He snapped back into reality. “Oh, right.” He closed his eyes.
“Alright, D.O. You can do this. For Luna.” D.O thought. He kicked the ball as hard as he could, aiming for Sunny’s tiny head.


 

Ji min was too busy looking at Sunny. “I’m way better than her!” She thought in her head. She turned back to D.O, determined to smack Sunny.
“D.OOOOOOO. PASSS-” *SMACK* A soccer ball going like 80 miles per hour just smacked her face. Before Ji min completely out, she heard people whispering. “Oh no. D.O just knocked out his girlfriend!”
Did she just hear that D.O and I were a thing? No.. This was not supposed to happen.

 

 

 

 

Yupp. D.O just made the biggest mistake ever. He kicked the ball right in Ji min’s face! He ran over to Ji min. Since she was face down, he flipped her over. It wasn’t pretty. Her nose was gushing out blood. Uck. Since he did this to her, D.O ran over to the nurse with Ji min in her arms. He left her in the care of the nurse and returned to class.
Right when D.O returned, Luna walked up to him. “Is it true..?” Her voice trailing off. “I must know!” She dramatically fell to the ground.
“Know what?” D.O helped her back up.
Luna led me out of class and into the halls. She checked to make sure no one was listening. “IS IT TRUE YOU AND JI MIN ARE A COUPLE? AIIGOOOOO~~!!” She cupped her face, making a cute blowfish face. He was speechless. D.O’s eyes widen three times than they usually were. He felt them twitching.
“IT MUST BE TRUEEE!” She assumed. Ji min returned from the nurses office. You could see where the ball had hit her face. D.O felt super, super sorry.
Ji min's expression wasn’t good. “What did you say, Luna?”

Out of nowhere, we heard mechanical laughter.
“WHAHAUAUAHAH. So it must be true. You like D.O, don’t you Ji min?”

 

Kai’s words echoed in Ji min’s head. “You like D.O, don’t you Ji min.”

“No! None of those rumors are true!” She boldly answered.

Luna bowed, “D.O-sshi, please take good care of Ji min!”
“LUNA. NO. STOP.” Ji min forced her to stand back up.
Kai looked at Ji min with sincere eyes. “I’m glad you and D.O hyung are getting along. I’m happy for you guys.”
Ji min felt like crying. “
I didn’t love D.O. I love Kai. Only Kai.” Ji min thought in her head before she walked away, tears rolling off her face, leaving all this chaos behind.