Chapter 21

Destined To Love You

 

Very soon, it's already Friday. Seohyun's excited to meet her unnie-deul, but at the same time, she can't help but feel nervous. What if unnie-deul don't accept Yonghwa? Will they allow us to date? Will oppa-deul do anything to him? She can't help but have all the what if this.. what if that running in her thoughts.
 
"Hyun~"
 
"Deh oppa?"
 
"Are you nervous?"
 
"Neh. Are you?"
 
"Yes. A little... but for the sake of you, I'll brave through anything!"
 
"Alright, here goes nothing." Seohyun took a deep breath before entering the restaurant with Yonghwa, hand in hand.
 
The restaurant was crowded and Sunny had good taste in choosing restaurant as the ambience was really cosy and comfortable. Even when they're just at the entrance, her unnie-deul's laughter could be heard clearly.
 
"Hyun~ are those laughters from your unnies?"
 
"Ehhh... Most likely. Like I say... They can be quite loud when they're excited."
 
"Hmmm... I know they're loud but... I didn't expect them to be THIS loud."
 
"Keke. Relax, Yong~. They may be loud and scary but you must know that they're doing that because they care for me like their little sister."
 
"Ahhh... Neh. I'll get pass! Earn each and every approval and live happily ever after!"
 
"Ya.. Do you think we're a fairy tale? Keke.. That's childish!"
 
"Nope we are not a fairy tale. But you're my princess."
 
"Eeee.. Cheesy Yong! Alright, if you're ready, then let's go meet my unnie-deul."
 
"Arasseo. I'm ready! Let's go!"
 
With all the confidence, Yonghwa and Seohyun headed towards SNSD's table.
 
"Annyeong unnie-deul, oppa-deul."
 
"Annyeong! Now...  Our lead character is here! And who do we have there?" Taeyeon answered, being the oldest from the group.
 
"Annyeong hasibnika! Jung Yong Hwa imnida! Nice to meet you!" Yonghwa greeted with a bow.
 
"Annyeong Yonghwa-ssi, no need to be so polite since we are mostly born in s the same year as you." Jessica, the ice princess started her attack first.
 
"Ahh, neh" Yonghwa replied softly.
 
After Yonghwa's introduction, each of them introduced themselves and their boyfriend. 
 
"I'm Taeyeon and this is my boyfriend, Leeteuk. Nice to meet you." Taeyeon smiled but the message she's conveying was different from it. It's as though telling Yonghwa to get prepared for whatever's coming for him.
 
"Welcome! Buck up buddy!" 
 
"Jessica, and that's Donghae." 
 
"Hi, nice to meet you!" Donghae flashes a warm smile toward Yonghwa before shaking his head.
 
"I'm Sunny and that's Minhyuk." Sunny introduced before turning to Minhyuk and gave him an aegyo smile.
 
"Nice to see you again hyung! Fighting!"
 
"Yea? Hyuk Kang?"
 
"Ahhh... Hyung, you still remember that?"
 
"Of course I do..." Before Yonghwa could continue asking Minhyuk questions, Tiffany interrupted.
 
"Tiffany imnida and that's my guy, nickhun."
 
"Hey, yo! Welcome to the family!"
 
"Hyoyeon. And that fellow over there is Jun-"
 
"Jungshin?! What are you doing here as well?" 
 
"Erm... Hyung, I'm here because I am Hyoyeon's boyfriend. Didn't Jonghyun hyung tell you about that?"
 
"He didn't... I... I'm surprised. It feels like I'm attending high school gathering seeing all of you here."
 
"Yes, nice meeting you again! I miss you hyung!" Jungshin was about to walk over to give Yonghwa a hug but was stopped but Hyoyeon who glaring at him.
 
"Ehhh... Let's proceed with the others, shall we?" Jungshin stuttered.
 
"Ahh.. Neh." Yonghwa nodded.
 
"Yuri imnida and that's Minho."
 
"Fighting hyung! You can do it!"
 
"Sooyoung imnida, and that's Siwon."
 
"I believe you can survive the interrogation later on. Fighting!" Siwon sent his million dollar smile and gave Yonghwa a pat on his back.
 
"Last but not least, and you've known us. Yoona and Jonghyun!" Yoona introduced with lots of enthusiasm.
 
"Jongie!... You didn't tell me about them!" Yonghwa said as he pointed towards Minhyuk and Jungshin.
 
"Erm.... I... Forgot... Keke" Jonghyun tried to laugh it off but Yonghwa kept his glare on him.
 
"How can you forget such an important news? I was even ready to get investigators to help me look for them!"
 
"Ehhh hee.. Mianhe hyung!" Jonghyun gave a little bow before turning to face Yoona.
 
"Ok... Now that everyone has introduced themselves, let's get to the main task for our gathering today." Taeyeon said.
 
"So... Yonghwa-ssi, I'll start first then. Tell me, where and what are working as? How much are you earning?" Sunny, the protective unnie continued the attack from Jessica.
 
"I'm working in Jung Corp as an assistant manager in the sales team earning ₩8,500,000 per month." Yonghwa answered with confidence, knowing that he is earning much more as compared to many people of the same age. 
 
"Impressive for your age. How may relationships have you had before? When was your last relationship?" Hyoyeon asked.
 
"I've had 2. The last one was when I was in high school."
 
"What happened? Why did you two break up? Were you cheating on her?" Tiffany questioned.
 
"No! I didn't cheat on her. But she did cheat on me. Or should I say, she didn't even love me, all she was after was popularity and money." 
Yonghwa sighed before turning to whisper to Seohyun. 
 
"Are you feeling cold?"
 
"Nope, I'm alright. I'm sorry that my unnies are probing too much of your life."
 
"I didn't know your unnies interrogate that thoroughly... But i know that they're doing that because they care for you. Hopefully, they'll accept my answers and give me their approvals." 
 
"Fighting Yong~ will reward you later on!" Seohyun replied with a mischievous smile.
 
"Reward?! Yippee!!"
 
"Alright, lovebirds... Can we continue?" Taeyeon looked at them before shaking her head with a smile.
 
"As you were saying... Your previous girlfriend was only after your money and popularity... Are you very rich or some super idol?" Sooyoung asked with a frown on her face.
 
"Erm... Actually... Jung Corp belongs to my family and maybe that's why she thinks that I'm rich."
 
"What?! Jung Corp? The corporation that has lots of business? Like in automobile, housing, oil, hotels and restaurants?!" Yuri yelled.
 
"Ehh.. Ya. But... They don't belong to me. So I'm not as rich as what you think I am."
 
"But... Sooner or later, your dad will hand over the business to you, right?" Yoona continued from Yuri's question.
 
Jonghyun who heard that, gave Yoona a nudge on her arm.
 
"Mianhe hyung, I don't think they know about that. My apologies." Jonghyun apologise on behalf of Yoona. 
 
"It's ok, Jongie. Yoona don't know, so it's alright."
 
All of them had queries to ask, but didn't know if it was appropriate. So the atmosphere became silent and awkward.
 
"My dad passed away two years ago. And that's also why I am currently working in Jung Corp. My hyung is currently managing the company but two years ago, it was unstable as investors and shareholders were doubtful about hyung's management skills. And that's when I had to give up my dream and help my hyung. I've not had the chance to apologise to my members, for ditching them before the auditions and for leaving without explaining. Sorry Jonghyun, Minhyuk, Jungshin, for dashing your dreams. I know my apology would not mean anything now but I hereby sincerely apologise for the trouble I've caused two years ago."
 
"Aniya hyung. We can understand why you had to do that. You had to protect your family first and given the situation, I would have done the same." Minhyuk answered.
 
"Although I found it a waste, because I know we are a lot better than many K-POP bands out there, but I respect the decision you made at that time hyung. You don't have to blame yourself for that." Jungshin added.
 
"Hyung, you were the one who gave us dreams to work hard for. And I didn't regret the time and effort spent making music together, so stop apologising, arachi?" Jonghyun smiled before giving Yonghwa a hug.
 
The girls who have heard Yonghwa's story and the hardship he had gone through the recent years shed tears and some were even hugging their boyfriend for comfort.
 
After the touching story, the girls were sure that Yonghwa is responsible, reliable, caring and loving towards their maknae and they are secure enough to entrust Seohyun to Yonghwa.
 
Being the eldest in the group, Taeyeon spoke up. "Yonghwa-ssi, I hereby approve your relationship with our maknae. Please take good care of her and don't hurt her. This is her first relationship thus there are many things she may not understand yet, so please be patient with her. Also.. She can be pretty stubborn at times, please give in to her and I give you my blessings!" 
 
"Take good care of our maknae! If not... You'll have to face the 8 of us!" Tiffany added.
 
"Ya! If you dare bully her or let her cry, we'll not let you off!" Yoona joined in the protective unnie clique. 
 
"Neh, I'll take good care of her! I can't promise that there won't be any arguments or fights, but I'll promise to be the first to apologise and give in to her. Thank you for approving me as her boyfriend." Yonghwa smiled before giving a slight bow.
 
"Awww! That's so sweet! Why didn't you do that when you were courting me?" Yuri asked and gave Minho a nudge on his stomach.
 
"That's because you boyfriend here is younger and not mature enough! Keke" Yoona who heard the conversation decided to comment and unnie.
 
"Ya! Im Yoona. Are you itching for a beating?"
 
"Jongie! Look! Yuri unnie's gonna beat me!"
 
"Kids.... Enough of the teasing, now shall we start eating?" Leeteuk, the oldest among them all nagged,
 
"Neh, ahjushi!" Yuri and Yoona answered.
 
"Chodings!" Leeteuk rebutted.
 
Halfway through dinner, Hyoyeon remembered about Yonghwa mentioning about the guys being in a band when they were in high school. "Ya! Since you said you're better than many idol groups out there, show it to us. Prove to us that guys are good." Hyoyeon said while elbowing Jungshin, thinking that he was just bragging.
 
"Neh, I agree! Prove it to us your skills before we judge if you're qualified to be idols or not." Sunny joined in and chuckled.
 
"Erm... I believe we could... But... We don't have our instruments here so how are we going to perform for you?" Yonghwa questioned.
 
"Hmmm... I know!" Nickhun suddenly shouted.
 
"Yea?" 
 
"The bar that we are going later on has got a live band performance, and since I know the owner of the bar, you can borrow their instruments and stage for a performance." Nickhun replied eagerly.
 
"Alright then! Hyung, let's show them what we've got!" Jonghyun the guitar freak, itching to play and perform for their friends shouted.
 
"Neh! Let's rock the world!"
 
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
 
When I first saw you, I was afraid to meet you, 
when I first met you I was afraid to kiss you, 
when I first kissed you I was afraid to love you 
but now that I love you I am afraid to lose you.
 
Sounds a little like Seohyun yea? Keke
 
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
 
Finally done with Yonghwa facing Seohyun's 7 unnies! 
 
Really love CN BLUE to the extend that I can't bear to leave Minhyuk and Jungshin out of this story... So tada... Welcome the remaining members of CN BLUE!
 
Work has been a ! Seriously! Had to do Overtime till 12am yesterday. But seeing so much comments from you all gave me the drive to finish this chapter ASAP!
 
Thank you soshi5 for the up vote! 
 
Thanks for subscribing and commenting! Hope you'll enjoy this chapter as well as the pairings! See ya all soon!~