Chapter 37 Come back to me

As good as it gets.

At the Park. 

"Why did you brought me here?" Mean asked Tina.

"I wanna go biking." Tina smiled at her and ran away from her. "Let's play "it" first. Haha!" 

"You cheater!" Mean grunts and chase her. 

After few minutes she stopped chasing Tina and went to an Ice cream store nearby. Tina noticed Mean going inside the store so she followed her. 

"You want ice cream too?" Mean asked her and smiled at her. 

Tina nods and smiled back.

"Ok here you go." Mean handed the cone of ice cream to Tina. 

"Hmmm strawberry." Tina took the ice cream excitedly like a child, with her having a sunny face, Mean  is enjoying staring at her.

Mean chuckled. "You eat like a kid. Look at you. You got ice cream on your nose." as she wipe her nose gently. 

Tina stared at her and smiled. "Thanks Mean." and she walked forward. She pointed the man who offers bike for rent. "Hey look! We should rent a bike now." 

Mean ran towards where the bike for rents are and trying to choose a bike that suits for them. "Hmm i think we only need one bike. You drive ok?" She faces Tina and gave a suggestion.

"Why? You dont know how to bike?? I can teach you how." Tina offered.

"Nah...i'll just ride at the back of the bike and embrace you. That would be more fun." Mean giggles.

Tina smiled awkwardly and nods. She took the bike that they rented and she rode on it. "Aren't you gonna ride yet?" Tina asked her.

"Can you drive this thing with on it?"

"Ofcourse I can. I wouldnt have agreed if i can't.." Tina smirked at her. "...so? Shall we?" 

Mean rode on the back of their bike, and she embraced her so tight while smiling. "It feels like we're kids again."

"You think?" and they both giggles.

Both of them are having fun like they went back to the old times, when they were still young. They went biking in the park and the trail they're taking is surrounded by trees where leaves are scattered. 

Out of a sudden, it started to get drizzly and it feels like heavy rain will fall so Tina pedaled the bike as fast as she can going back to where they rented the bike. The speed was out of control and they went out of balance. Their bike bumped into the trees, they both got hurt. They both scratched their head in pain until they noticed that Tina fell on top of Mean, face to face that they could already feel each other's breathing. Mean closed her eyes as if she's giving Tina an open invitation to kiss her. Tina's heart is trembling as she stare at Mean's innocent face, staring at her from her eyes slowly down to her lips. Everything is so tempting, just by looking at Mean. Tina chuckled and Mean opened her eyes disappointingly, she pushed Tina away and dusted herself off. "What's so funny?" she irritatedly asked Tina.

"Hmmm nothing. It's raining heavily now. We're both soaked up with rain now. Good thing you didnt get any wound." Tina calmly said and smiled as she grab the bike. Ugh dont do something stupid Tina. Not again. 

"Luckily, no. Let's go back now." Mean answered back.



Meanwhile at the office. 

Aom's staring at Tina's table, wondering why she's not even around. It's past 2pm, when she noticed that she already skipped her lunch break. She diverted her attention, looking at the clear glass window. All she sees right now is grey sky, and heavy rainfall with thunderstorms, making her miss Tina more. The warm feeling that Tina used to give her every now and then. 

She got interrupted when someone knocked on the door. "Come in." she said.

"I brought you lunch." Mike entered the room, and show off his take out orders and placed it on Aom's table.

Aom faked a smile and stared blankly to food that Mile brought. "Im not hungry." she whispered. 

"I'm not asking whether you're hungry or not. You will eat, and that's an order." Mike insisted and gave her a serious look. 

Aom took a big sigh with frustration and creased her forehead. 

Mike set the foods infront of Aom handed the fork and spoon on her. "Here take it. Go eat."

"Why are you doing this?? And anyway why are you not with Mean? You're friends with her right?!" Aom asked him.

"Well...she.....she's not around." Mike answered hesitantly.

Aom dropped the utensils forcibly and closed her eyes trying to control her tears. She took a deep breath. They're together... she said on her thoughts.

Mike poked her on her shoulder trying to get her attention. "Are you ok?" 

"I'm trying to be." Aom muttered. 

"I'm sorry. If you want to rant, or cry just know that i'm here ok?" Mike said.

Aom smiled as she bowed her head.

"Maybe we could be friends? I mean if you want to?" Mike added.

"Im sorry if i'm cold to you." 

"I understand. No worries." 

Aom couldnt control her sadness anymore that leads her to burst her tears out. Mike on the other hand, couldnt even look at her and he feels sorry for her. He took his handkerchief out and offered it to Aom. 

"Here. Use it. You need it more than I do." Mike handed his handkerchief to her.

Aom took it and wiped her tears. And smiled at him. "Thank you." 

"Stop crying. If she loves you, she'll come back..." Mike said to her and smiled at her as he fixed her hair that covers her face. 

Aom nods and faked a smile. 


At Jittaleela's house.

"Where have you been? Both of you are so drench." Mr. Jittaleela said suprisingly as he saw Tina and Mean entered the house. 

"Im sorry father. We were at the park, biking, when it rained out of the sudden" Tina explain.

"I'm sorry Uncle." Mean added.

"Both of you go dry yourselves up and get dress before you catch colds. " Jittaleela said and left them.

They both headed to their own room to get dress. 

Tina is all dressed up and laid on her bed, she grabbed her phone to check for unread messages. She expected that Aom will text her, but no sign of Aom, not even a missed call.