Of Free Beer and Face Palming

Finding Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Warning: Language

Tao and Luhan reached the convenience store. “Your place is actually on our way to school, so Baekhyun and I will pick you up at seven thirty in the morning. We’ll get there by seven forty five. Fifteen minutes to spare before class starts!”

“Xiumin and Kyungsoo live on the other side of school, so they usually walk together.” Luhan added.

Tao smiled back, “Okay. See… see you then…”

He took a few steps when Luhan called after him, “You’ll be able to meet Xiumin and Kyungsoo tomorrow as well!”

“O-okay,” Tao waved at Luhan and took off with his grocery bags in hand.

Tao was deep in thought when something jumped out of the shadows and landed in front of Tao. He looked down and saw a small black cat.

The cat nuzzled her head on Tao’s leg.

Tao sat down to pet her, “Hi, there.”

She purred in reply.

“Do you want something to eat?” Tao asked as he rummaged through his grocery bag and found a can of tuna.

“I guess you’re lucky because I have some food with me today,” Tao said as he pulled the top off. Tao sat down on the ground and waited for the cat to finish eating before he picked up the trash and left.

******************************

Kris was sitting on the floor leaning against his couch. With closed eyes, he took a large gulp of beer from his can.

He opened his eyes and took in the sight before him. Nope, still here.

Chanyeol and Kai were wrestling. Chen was cheering them on while popping the cap off of another can of beer.

Even Lay was in his living room. Lay’s eyes were glued to the television screen while he brought his drink up to his mouth every now and then.

It was one thirty in the morning. They closed at twelve and finished cleaning up the restaurant in about thirty minutes. Lay offered to drive everyone home, and they all accepted the offer. Kris sat in the front while the other four crammed together in the back.

Needless to say, they somehow all ended up staying over at Kris’ place.

“Why the hell is everyone here?” Kris asked aloud. Everyone ignored him and went on their business.

Kris turned his head to the left and looked at Sehun, who was silently drinking and staring at the trio before them. “Well?” Kris asked.

Sehun shrugged, “Beats me.”

Kris tried again, “Why are you here, then?”

Sehun stared straight ahead expressionless, “Free beer.”

“Can’t you afford your own beer, you !?” Kris raised his voice.

“It’s the thought that counts,” Sehun shrugged.

Kris groaned and hit his h

Please log in to read the full chapter