Chapter 5

SM Academy

Chapter 5 


Glancing to the right Luhan staring intensely at the books then to the left Jongin scribbling hard on paper and then frontward Kyungsoo writing down on papers. He then stared at his own pile of mess. By mess he meant papers, books and pens scattered around in their table.

3 hours had passed ever since they arrived in this library. The three trio have not moved at all from their position. No toilet break, no tea break or whatsoever. Whereas Baekhyun had been itching to move, do something other than studying since roughly one hour ago. But he didn't because he did not want to break the attention of the trio or the whole library where students were mugging.
 
They were sitting at the first floor of this three floor high library because Baekhyun couldn't access the second floor for the two striped. At this thought he frowned and glanced upward, secretly cussing at the people above.
 
Looking back at his own notes and books, he sighed inaudibly and placed his head on the table. Nothing was going into his head right at the moment and the silence is killing him. A little pounding from the left side of his head started to emerge.
Kyungsoo paused at his writing as he noticed Baekhyun's mop of hair facing him.
 
"Baekhyun-ah, you alright?"  Widened eyes slided up from paper to meet Baekhyun's dying form.
 
"Kind of.." Baekhyun's words were muffled as he talked to the table.
 
Hearing the conversation, Luhan putted down his books on the table while Jongin was still lost in his own world of letters and alphabets.
 
"Do you want to take a break?" Luhan offered.
 
Number of days before exam : 11

He stared at the library. No, he shot daggers at it. These few days of torture in the library . He wanted to go to Chanyeol's dorm for a change of environment and maybe admire the dorm because every dorm looked different.

Rich bastard of a school.

But no. Chanyeol and his ing logic. 

"Library! It's a better choice! I'll meet you outside!"

How can the library be a better choice? What nonsense. Baekhyun shot more daggers at it as he stood there waiting for Chanyeol.

"Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun turned to the side to see Chanyeol running towards him and before Baekhyun could coordinate a respond, he was pulled into the library and then up a flight of stairs. Hmm..? Then another flight of stairs. Raised an eyebrow. 

"Where are we going?" Chanyeol didn't reply and Baekhyun continued to be dragged by him as an irritation grow in Baekhyun's body. 

"Are you sure we allowed on the third floor?" Annoyance could be heard in his voice but Chanyeol just opened one of the doors, which Baekhyun counted ten and was pulled into the room by Chanyeol.  

"Of course!" Chanyeol turned around after closing the door and flashed a bright smile while Baekhyun take in the view. Approximately his dorm's size with a big table in the center. To the left is a vending machine for beverage followed by another vending machine for food. A small window at the end which showed the other side of the school. The clock and dustbin seemed irreverent as Baekhyun stared in amazement. By the time, Chanyeol had already sat down, making himself comfortable.

"Come on Baekhyun! Close your mouth and sit down." Chanyeol patted the seat next to him and then he took out his books and notes.

Number of days before exam : 9


 "You wanna be in the committee?" Chen repeated the second time.

Baekhyun pulled out a chair and sat next to Chen. "Yes. You don't have to be so shocked."  

"No, I am not. You are just one of the many people who came to ask me about this."  Chen faced Baekhyun and stared at him. " What makes you think I will accept your request? You are not even a member." Baekhyun surprise was not showed at seeing the different side of Chen. Technically, Chen was the president of the singing club, so Baekhyun supposed this was how Chen behave when the club was cornered. He thought as hard as possible under Chen's scrutinise. Well, he can sing pretty well.

"I can sing." Chen's eyebrow was raised as Baekhyun stared hard at Chen.

"Oh?" His mouth forming an 'o' and then a smirk.

"Alright. I will let you in but you're going to show me your abilities during our practices. If you are not what you said, you can say goodbye."

"But I am only doing this because I been a trashy guide. Alright? And do me a favour. Pass this to the look-like-a-bun guy over there."

Chen handed Baekhyun a pink letter with a 'MinSeok <3' stated on it.

Number of days before exam : 8


Baekhyun was studying with the trio again. Monday and Tuesday were with the trio, Wednesday to Friday were Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's little study date while on the weekend Baekhyun had the honored to stay and home and release some self discipline for a productive studying. Baekhyun would say that the little study date was the best. Not sure if it was because of the environment or of the people. Hopefully Baekhyun's normal score of 67 for average will be pulled up.

Making sure to use every seconds of their life to study, the four of them are using their break time to mug at the cafeteria. They wasn't the only one with this thinking as seen by the rest of the cohert doing the same thing.

Chanyeol and his group of friends had entered the cafeteria. Chanyeol looked around before his eyes landed on Baekhyun. He waved at him and walked towards him. His friends following behind. 

"Baekhyun!" 

"Hey Chanyeol. What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked as he turned to the direction of the voice, his face showing curiosity.

"I want to introduction my friends to you!"  He pulled Tao who was standing behind to the front which earned Chanyeol a little small glare 

He pointed to Tao "This is Zitao." Tao gave a small shy smile. His finger shifted to a guy taller then him "And this is Kris."  Kris gave a small nod.

"And finally Sehun!" Sehun was busy staring at Luhan to form any reply.

"I saw Tao and Sehun before."  

"You did?" Chanyeol's eyes grow bigger.

"Yeah." Baekhyun took a small glance at the three behind him. He probably should introduction them too.

"That is Jongin followed by Kyungsoo and then Luhan." He pointed to them respectively.

"Hi Kyungsoo-ssi! And friends!" Chanyeol waved excitedly at his fellow classmate then to the Jongin and Luhan.

"Hello Chanyeol-ssi. Tao-ssi, Kris-ssi and Sehun-ssi." Kyungsoo greeted.

"Just call me Tao."  Tao said softly as he glanced up up Kyungsoo briefly before returning his attention to the floor. Baekhyun don't thought Tao to be the shy type as he eyed him.

"Hey Tao, Sehun." Jongin smirked and then stood up to fist bump with Tao and then stopped at Sehun to pulled him into a hug. "My classmate." He explained.

"Yeah, no need for formality. Luhan and I are classmate too." Kris supplied and Luhan gave a nod.

"Oh? How come I don't know?" Chanyeol frowned as he glared accusing at his friends. Under this angry facade, one could probably see the slight gint of mischievous in his eyes.

"You didn't ask." Sehun replied. 

Int he midst of all these, Baekhyun realized that he haven't introduction himself, and had quickly blurted out "Baekhyun.".

"We know." Sehun smirked and stared at Chanyeol.

Number of days before exam : 5


The song ended with a brilliant high note that effectively sent shivers down the spines of everyone presented in the music room . Addictive and melodic.

That was Baekhyun's voice. No one was responding or reacting and Baekhyun feared that he did badly.

Someone broke the silence. "That was awesome!" Baekhyun noted that that was the Vice President speaking. Krystal? 

"You need to join the club! Come on, sign this paper and you will be officially our member.'  Krystal passed him a piece of paper and a pen. 

"Krystal, he will be joining our committee too." Chen injected as he walked closer to Baekhyun. Krystal looked at Chen and she frowned, she wasn't really sure whether this was a good decision anot.

"Not bad. Didn't expect you to have a strong voice." Chen patted his shoulder. "And you have to listen to me from now on."  Chen crackled out as he wriggled his eyebrows at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun grinned. "Whatever." 

Kyungsoo walked towards Baekhyun. "Baekhyun-ah, that's was wonderful." He then let his lips stretch, showing his heart shaped smile.

Number of days before exam : 4


"Chanyeol! I am tired of studying!" Baekhyun groaned out as he rested his left side of his face on the cold table so that he could still see Chanyeol. Chanyeol turned his head to the side, directly facing Baekhyun's face. 

"Then what do you want to do? Just a few more days of studying and we are done." Chanyeol said as he stared at Baekhyun. Staring at Chanyeol's face made Baekhyun think. Sure that he and Chanyeol are good friend but Baekhyun doesn't seemed to know anything about Chanyeol. This thought left a sour taste on his tongue.

"Let's play twenty one questions."

"Twenty one questions? What's that?" Head titled to the side, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

"You don't know? Are you like living in the rock or something." Baekhyun joked and then he continued " Basically I will ask you twenty one questions and you need to answer them truthful alright?" Chanyeol nodded. "We will take turn."

"When is your birthday?" 

"November 27."

"Uhh.. You least favorite colour?" 

"...Red. I supposed."

"Are you a ?"

"Baekhyun! Why are you asking this sort of question?"

"Cause I can. So..?"

"...yes." A little redness.

"Then..you first crush?"

"16. I still like her though."

"Isn't that last year?"

"Yeah..your power?"

"I am a birdie." Chanyeol flapped his hands.

"Uhh..forget it. How about your club?"

"Basketball." He patted Baekhyun's head then his own.

"Yah! Chanyeol!" Chanyeol grinned brightly.

 A few more questions were asked until a gentle silence enveloped them and a little voice asked softly.

"Who do you think about most?"

"You."

thump-thump.

Number of days before exam : 2


Another two days of hardcore studying. The day had finally approached. One week of fully examinations and Baekhyun would be free and then summer break! They had just entered the examination hall. Apparently this hall can nullify the power of the student, hence there will be no chances of students using their power to cheat.

Seated down, Baekhyun's hands started to sweat and he wiped his hands on his pant. He tongues swiped across his lips as they felt dried. He glanced around nervously until he spotted someone waving at him Chanyeol and then Kyungsoo giving him an assuring smile. He smiled back. Somehow Baekhyun felt that warm, fuzzy feeling spreading and his confident level increased.

Oh yes, he can do it. He hasn't been studying his off for nothing. 

With this thought in mind, Baekhyun easily sat for this paper and subsequently the rest of the papers for the week.


Hello guys! 

Thanks for comments and sub !i REEALLY appreciated it. *grin.

Can't say that this chapter is exciting but the romance's coming