Chapter 6

SM Academy

 


A crowd of students stood over the board. The result board. A little anticipation mixed with nervousness churned in Baekhyun's stomach as he pushed pass his way to the front. He had run out of class the moment the bell rang, eagered to know his results but now that he was standing right in front of the board, a little hesitancy was pulling on his shoulder. He fought this internal battle; he barely won.

Taking several deep breaths, he scanned through the board.

1. Ok Taecyeon 976

2. Kim Junmyeon 968

3. Lee Jinki 959

...

...

...

99. Byun Baekhyun 762

His eye widened at his total mark. That was more than 75 marks for average. He lips stretched and he smiled so bright that it almost made his cheeks hurt. His eyes crinkling in excitement as he turned around and searched at the buzzing crowd. 

A few meters away was Kyungsoo followed by Jongin and Luhan walking next to him. He waved at them. 

"Yes! Status maintained." Jongin pumped his hand downward and a smirk appeared. He then turned to face the equally happy Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo-ah, thank for teaching me." His voice a tone lower as he stared intensely at Kyungsoo. That lighted up a tiny blush on Kyungsoo's face. 

"Jongin!" He hissed softly as his eyes darted around nervously.

A hand s around Kyungsoo's waist and suddenly Kyungsoo was pulled into a hug with Jongin's hand on his back. "Ahh..really." He muttered softly against Kyungsoo's hair. Baekhyun blinked; he has yet to ask Kyungsoo about their relationship.

"Ehem!" Luhan coughed out and removed his cruved fingers from his lips. "Public area here."  He pointed to the crowd. Now, that separated both of them as Jongin released his hold on Kyungsoo; but his hands lingered.

"So..How's the result?" Luhan asked and then he grinned as he did a peace sign. " I got moved up by 4 ranks." 

"I did well! 762! " Baekhyun grinned.

"That's good."

"Yeah!" Jongin agreed.

-

A few days later, Baekhyun and the trio were at the mall spending their afternoon drinking bubble teas; a treat for their post-exams. They sat at the corner of the shop with their drinks in hand.

"Kyungsoo-ah, what is your relationship with Jongin?" Baekhyun had casually chirped in between their chattering of random topics.

"Isn't it obvious? Look at them! And the way they behaved!" Luhan pointed out as he put down his caramel macchiato onto the table.

Both heads turned to look at Kyungsoo and Jongin; Jongin's and Kyungsoo's interlaced fingers that they think won't be seen under the table.

"Definitely boyfriend." Luhan nodded as he took a sip. He signed blissfully as the sweetness of the drink made it way down his stomach.

A little red in the face Kyungsoo just continued pearls out from the drink as he held the drink with both hands.

"Yah! Guys, you're making us embarrassed! And don't talk as if we are not present.." Jongin yelled out and then he scratched his head.

"You will feel embarrassed? That's new!" Luhan nudged Jongin several times in the arm.

Decided to ignore Jongin's outburst to Luhan's action, Baekhyun turned to the fidgeting Kyungsoo.

"So, what happened that day? After Jongin ran out?" 

"Jongin got upset... I talked to him... and we made up." Kyungsoo 

"Why are you being so vague?... Don't tell me it has to do with how you looked so tired during Mond-"

"Sehun!" 

"Huh?" Baekhyun's widened eyes turned into a frowned and he turned around and scanned through the bubble tea shop. Sehun was at the cashier ordering bubble tea. Apparently he heard his name and turned around. A little surpised to see the four of them, he walked toward them and greeted them.

"Hello." His eyes glanced at the four before it decided to settled on Luhan.

This annoying feeling of being constantly stared at had made Luhan rolled his eyes. "Why do you like to stare at me!"

"..." 

Luhan groaned in frustration as he placed his head on the table and his hands gripped his blond locks. 

Kai snickered.

"Sehunnie! Why are you taking so lon- Oh. Hello guys!" Chanyeol's head peeked into the shop. Upon seeing the four of them he walked in.

"Baekhyun!" He latched into the seat next to him. He ruffled Baekhyun's hair and smiled at him.

"Yah! You messed up my hair." Baekhyun attempted to put his hair back to the original position as he glared with the intensity of a cute puppy at Chanyeol. 

"Sorry."  Chanyeol doesn't sound sorry at all, instead he took Baekhyun's ice cream milk tea and swallowed down a few sips. The coldness traveled down his esophagus and he winced at it.

"Where were you when the result was posted? I didn't see you at all." A little accusing laced with curiosity accompanied Baekhyun's voice as he asked Chanyeol.

"Ahh..I was busy." Chanyeol's fingers played with the water droplet on Baekhyun's cup of drink, he then wrapped his palm around it.

"Busy on a schoolday?" His narrowed eyes glanced at Chanyeol as he muttered this. Baekhyun wasn't really convinced.

"Do you know that I am a two striped now? I am going to use the money to buy stuff! Especially eyeliner! I ran out of it a few days ago." Baekhyun took back his drink from Chanyeol. 

"Chanyeol?" 

"Y-yeah?"

"Are you listening to me?" He took a sip and warmness hit his tongue. He looked at his drink weirdly before he putted it back down onto the table.

Chanyeol nodded.

"I can't wait to move to the new dorm. But, Ughh.. I'm still in the process of moving my stuff."  He groaned out as he played with the hem of his shirt.

"Let me help you?"

"No, it's alright. I only left a few more boxes to go." Baekhyun took interest in stirring his own drink. He took hold of the straw and the half drank bubble tea swirled.

"Let me help you, please?" Chanyeol pleading voice and his big eyes played a big part in Baekhyun's next sentence.

"Fine. But I really don't have much stuff to pack."

"Jongin! Stop playing footsie. You keep hitting me instead of Kyungsoo!"

-

After all of them had finished their drinks. Baekhyun had brought Chanyeol to his dorm. Courtesy of Chanyeol's demanding.

"This is your first time here right?"  Baekhyun unlocked the door with his keys and he motioned Chanyeol to go in first before he closed the door.

"Yup." Chanyeol glanced around the room and Baekhyun felt like he was a art piece, hanging on the wall for anyone to stare; embarrassed.

"I need to clear up my wardrobe and then the stuff underneath my bed and the books under my table." 

"I will help you with the books." Chanyeol kneeled down and took out the books stacked together. His hands roamed under the table. He fished out dust.

Baekhyun decided to start with his clothes first. He took out a few at a time and dumped them inside a box. He did this relatively fast; he don't have much clothing. He turned around to see Chanyeol crawling around and poking his head at weird places and he find it cute. That fluttering of his heart.

"What are you doing?" He broke the silence and Chanyeol turned his head to face Baekhyun when he knocked his head hard against the wall. Worried tugged at Baekhyun's heart.

"Ouch.." His right hand went up to rub his injured head and Baekhyun went to dig his first-aid box which was shoved underneath his bed. Laying on the floor, his hand was stretched out to the darkness of under the bed as he attempted to find the box. His fingers gripped something long and thin. Confusion filled him as he pull his hand out to examine the item. He sat up straight as he looked at the item.

"Eyeliner?" A sense of déjà vu hitted him in the face as he slowly turned the eyeliner around. He doesn't buy this brand and why is there red paint on it? He attempted to scrape it off but he smell metal

A little fear creep around and his mind reluctantly wandered back to that dream.

Chanyeol came, gave the eyeliner, passed out, Baekhyun woke up. Chanyeol came, gave the eyeliner, passed out, Baekhyun woke up. Chanyeol came, gave the eyeliner-

What. The . Hell? 

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol's voice boomed loudly in Baekhyun's ears and he felt a little throbbing pain occurring in his head. He turned around as he gazed at Chanyeol; the eyeliner safely clutched on Baekhyun's left hand. 

He walked toward Chanyeol and pulled at his shirt.

"B-Baekhyun! What are you doing!" Chanyeol protested as he tried to keep his shirt down before he accidently pushed Baekhyun to the side.

"Baekhyun, what's wrong?" Chanyeol's concerned voice did nothing to Baekhyun' chaotic mind. Chanyeol hands reached out to  stablise Baekhyun's balance by putting both his hands on his shoulder. His eyes caught the blackness on Baekhyun's palm.

"This is not the first time you came to my dorm." 

 

 

 

"You were here on that night."


 

Guys...I think you all saw this happening. 

And yes...my failed attempt at romance.

this is longer than the previous chapter ..yay.