Does it sound like a confession?

Our Little Secret!!

The girls have no schedule for sunday. Tina decides to meet Mean. They both have a lot to talk about. Actually early in the morning Mean called Tina and made plans to meet her. Her mind was confused with many questions. 

Why did Tina hit Mike? 

Why were Aom and Mike fighting?

What was the double date actually about?

And lastly the worst of all. Why did Tina say "my Aom" when she punched Mike? She was afraid that she might already know answer to that question. What ever the answer may be, Mean decided to clear all confusion she had. She was already a little insecure  after last night.

 

Aom decides to stay alone and do some introspection. She needs to relax after her stressful night. Tina was not ready to leave Aom alone. But Aom said she needed to be alone. Finally Tina reluctantly left. They both decided to meet for dinner. 

Tina and Mean meet at a restaurant for lunch. It is the same restaurant where Mean asked Tina out. 

Mean: Hi, Handsome. *winks*

Tina:  Hi, Mean. *smiles* 

They both sit at the table. Mean is about to start talking. Tina interrupts.

Tina: Let's order first...??

Mean: Yes, sure.

They order food. Tina is quiet.

Mean : How is Aom now?

Tina: She seems to be alright. I'm worried about her. She wanted to be alone today. 

Mean: Yea, she needs to rest. She can't take emotional stress. She's a fragile girl. 

Tina: Yea. .I had breakfast with her in the morning, she seemed to be alright then.

Mean : So, What was the fight all about? 

Tina: Actually Mean, I'm to be blamed here. I'm feeling very guilty since yesterday.

Mean: You?

Tina: Yes. Mike has been acting weird since Yes or No 3's shooting started. He was insecure about my and Aom's relationship. 

Mean didn't react anything, she already had this notion that this was the case. However, what happened yesterday was completely unknown to her. She let Tina continue.

Tina : His insecurity was increasing day by day. Aom used to be upset after meeting him. How much ever Aom told Mike that there is nothing going on between me and her, it didn't help. Actually, *she hesitates* the whole double date was planned so Mike's insecurity would be reduced.

Mean: Ohh.. so that was it. *goes into deep thinking*

Tina: Yea. I hope this clarifies everything. I'm sorry Mean, I didn't explain you the whole scenario earlier.

Mean: Hmm.. It's okay Tina. Actually, I was shocked yesterday. I have never seen Mike like this. He has always been such a gentleman. 

Tina: Yea, about that. Actually, yesterday he was forcing Aom to kiss him in front of me, to prove him that nothing was going on.

Mean keeps silent for a while. All these things were so overwhelming for her. She has never seen someone so wasted in love, nor had she seen such drastic behavioural changes in anyone. She finally broke her silence.

Mean: Can you seriously tell me answer for one question? I'm asking you as a friend.

Tina: Sure.

Mean: Do you love Aom? Be honest with me Tina, I'm asking this to you as your friend and not anyone else. 

Tina: From where did this come from?

Mean : You know yesterday when you were angry.. you called Aom as 'my Aom'..

Tina: *shocked* What??!! Did I? 

Mean : I dunno who else noticed it. But I heard it. Maybe you did it subconsciously. So.. answer my question... 

Tina is silent for a long moment. She is thinking over something. Finally...

Tina: I dunno Mean. I was thinking about this after yesterday's event. Actually I couldn't sleep whole night as I was thinking about my feelings. All I know is one thing, I would do anything .. anything at all to see Aom happy. She is my top priority always. No matter what the situation is. *silent* ... Does this sound like love? 

Mean: *gives a faint, sad smile* Yes, it does sound a lot like love. 

Tina: It's of no use, Mean. We all know she is straight. It's just that we are so close to each other, I can't control my feelings sometimes. *realizes that she is talking too much* *THAT TOO IN FRONT OF MEAN* *zips her lips mentally* I'm sorry, Mean. Nothing of this was intended. I never meant to hurt you. 

Mean: *almost crying* I dunno why, inspite of being ready for this situation, I just feel so hurt right now. *breaks down*

 

Tina gets up from her place and sits besides Mean. She hugs her.

Tina: I'm sorry Mean. I didn't mean to hurt you. You are my closest friend Mean. I hope you understand. Please don't cry. Me and Aom had no past, present or future. We are different people. I'm extremely sorry Mean. 

Mean cries like a baby. After a while she tries to stop crying and compose herself. Tina goes into deep thinking while hugging Mean. 

Tina: I'm extremely sorry Mean. Can you give me one more chance?

Mean: I can't T, I just can't. What if Aom realizes one day that she loves you? Where does that leave me? I can't keep you tied with me when you love someone else. That's not me. 

Tina: What should I do, Mean? What if she never realizes that? Or further more, what if she is really straight and always considered me as a friend? What should I do then? *even speaking these words are hard*

Tina chokes up! She couldn't say anything further, even thinking about it, makes her wanna cry. She doesn't wanna cry, not when Mean is also in stress. Mean understands.

Mean: Don't worry, T. I'm always here for you. For now, as a friend. I want you to sort out your feelings and let Aom do so on her own. Once you are sure about yourself, I'll be here, waiting for you. *with tears in her eyes*

Tina: It wasn't suppose to happen this way, Mean. I'm sorry. I'm really glad to have you as a friend in my life. I never felt distressed around you.

Mean: *faint smile* Just like the movie. 

Mean kisses Tina on her cheek.  And gets up from the table to leave. Tina is left behind with a heavy heart.

 

 

 

Author's note: A very mature chapter. I dunno how many people will like it. But I tried to retain the qualities of characters from the movie. So people can get involved in the story at the fullest. Hope you like it. :) 

All criticism and suggestions are welcome! :)

 

P. S: BTW, so many authors are coming up again to complete their stories. I'm happy. I get to read them. I hope all of them complete it. Yay!! Happy reading.