The Community

Utopia (LONG HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A surprised gasp escapes her lips. This was the first time that Kim Taeyeon became frightened with her surroundings; she looked around her. The kids pointed towards the sky, an enormous winged-vehicle flying past by. "Please proceed to your consecutive homes." The speaker at the center of the court commanded. It was now when Taeyeon noticed that something was wrong; pilots are never allowed to fly past their training complex. "Taeyeon-ssi, please come." One of her housemates, Kris said. There was no reason to shout even if something massive was to be done. 

"Okay, I apologize." She replied immediately to him. "I accept your apology." 

Maybe it was the way that everything was held under control, or maybe it was how the citizens enjoyed it, but there was something missing; yearning to be found in many ways. "Are you okay?" Kris asked, slightly waving his palm in front of her face. "...Huh? Yes, I am just a little bit spooked with the sudden flight over our community." Taeyeon explained, her eyes fixed to the ground. 

"Xiumin and Luhan hyung are waiting for us in their dwelling." Kris stated, knocking on the door quietly. "Hello, welcome back." Xiumin answered the door; opening it slightly wider so that Kris and Taeyeon may come in. "Good morning, Jessica, Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Luhan." Kris greeted with a bow. "Good morning, Kris and Taeyeon. Please have a seat." Luhan answered back; pulling two chairs for them. "How was your sleep, Taeyeon-ssi?" Jessica asks, smiling. "Very pleasing, actually. I have dreamt of many things; such as getting some exciting, volunteer work." She smiled back. 

"How about you?"

"I have not been dreaming for days now, it seems a little peculiar, don't you think so too?" 

"Yes, it does seem a little bit peculiar. Maybe you have not shared all of your feelings towards everybody. The Elders have said that that is a very grungy thing to do." 

Jessica bowed, and thanked her. "Yes, I do think so too." 

"Are you ready for the giving of the Assignments; it is just one more week away." Luhan declared, swallowing his food after. "Yes, in fact; I do think that I will receive a great Assignment." Sunny nodded. "Taeyeon-ssi?"

"Er..." She paused; it was more peculiar now that she had paused in the middle of her very own sentence. Pausing is a sign of hesitance; hesitance was not allowed. Either it was 'yes' or a 'no'. "Yes, I do expect to do well myself." She quickly covered her unfinished statement. "Citizens may now exit from their dwelling." The speaker outside announced. Luhan stared at her before snapping himself back into reality. "It's twenty past seven now; you do not want to be late for school." He reminded. "Oh, of course." Taeyeon answered, slinging her satchel over her shoulder. "Have a great time." Xiumin said; closing the door as he and Luhan were left behind.

Taeyeon couldn't define what she was feeling; she wasn't frightened with the plane, but it was something else; something more powerful. "Hello." Baekhyun greeted from her side. She returned his greeting before talking with him; mostly about random things. "Are you ready for the Ceremony?" He asked excitedly. Taeyeon smiled and nodded; "Of course, I'm ready; you're going to be with me anyways." She stated, sticking her tongue out.

The Cermony was a massive event for every citizen in the Community. It was where each and everyone grew a year older. Taeyeon was a Nineteen, and so was Baekhyun, Jessica, Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Kris. Nineteen was a special number, but merely as special as Twenty. Twenty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter