▲ 16 ▼

One Year To Make You Mine

NO ONE'S POV

 

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN YOU'RE PUTTING HER THROUGH?" Jimin yelled as he held Jungkook by the collar of his shirt while the boys tried to pull Jimin away.

Jimin tried to confront Jungkook about Eunmi but Jungkook scoffed and said he had moved on. Jimin tried and tried but Jungkook didn't break. 

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN SHE MADE ME GO THROUGH?" Jungkook yelled as J-Hope and Namjoon held back Jimin. They both breathed heavily with their clothes wrinkled and hair messed up. Jungkook had a cut on his lip and Jimin had scratches on his arms.

"I cried every single night. I lost ten pounds in a week. I watched our videos and looked at our pictures just to hear her voice, to see her smile. But I didn't get anything back because she hated me. I have Melanie now so tell her to move on." Jungkook said as he slammed the door shut behind him. 

Jimin was angrier than ever. He pushed J-Hope and Namjoon off him and punched a hole in the wall at the studio. He cursed and yelled as if Jungkook was there to hear what he was saying. The boys except V left to give Jimin some time to cool off.

"She's my friend too, hyung." V started. Jimin covered his face and shook his head.

"Not now, V." Jimin said quietly. V pressed his lips together.

"I care about her too." He continued. Jimin looked up then opened his mouth to say something but V cut him off.

"But we have to think off Jungkook too. He's happy again and making him think of Eunmi is something that brings back painful memories. I talked to Eunmi. She’s giving up on Jungkook but they're friends again so why won't you let them go their own ways? They're old enough to make their decisions. If they were truly meant to be together they would do something about it. She's okay now, Jungkook is okay now, and you’re the only stuck in the past. Just walk past it. Leave it alone." V said quietly. 

Jimin stood up after V left and thought about what he said. He was stuck in the past. He noticed how Eunmi didn't really care about Jungkook. She didn't mind if they hugged or kissed in front of her. Her and Jungkook got closer again and they talked and talked. They hung out more but as friends only.

Jimin was worried about what was going on in the past that he didn't notice what was going on right now. 

He laughed it off and left the room joining the boys and begged for Jungkook's forgiveness.

 

"Tia, what's going on?" Eunmi exclaimed as Tia pulled her to a dark alley. They crouched behind a corner and Tia turned to Eunmi.

"Melanie is cheating." Tia said in shock. Eunmi almost fell back and her eyes were bigger than usual. Tia held her arm and pulled her back up. Eunmi couldn't believe her ears. She felt bad. She was angry that Melanie was doing that to the boy she loved. She didn't deserve him.

Then, she told Tia something she hadn't told anyone yet. Something that would change her friends' life.

 

EUNMI'S POV

 

"It's okay, let it out." I hugged Jungkook while patting his back. Jungkook had been crying for an hour already and he was devastated about Melanie. I gave him a long speech just to make him feel better. It sort of did but he still needed to cry. 

 

After a week passed, I gathered the boys to my house to tell them what I had told Tia. I was scared and worried about telling them. These boys changed my life for the year I've been here and I didn't want to sadden them but they needed to know.

"So why so serious, Eunmi?" Namjoon asked. I chuckled then sighed before sitting in a chair in front of them. Jungkook was taking the break up easier after I taalked some sense into him so it was okay.

"Well, the thing, um," I said while coughing. The boys stayed quiet and I sighed.

"I'm moving to the States." I said quietly. Suddenly I heard the boys’ scream and stand.

"WHAT?!" They all yelled. They were already in tears and the held their heads.

"I'll be back in like two years so it's okay, right?!" I said trying to make them happier. They didn't listen to me and they just hugged me tightly.

"Don't leave us, Eunmi." V cried. Jimin was sobbing loudly and he wouldn't even let me go. Tia dropped by and decided to help the boys calm down.

We sat outside and watched the sunset after they calmed down. We barely talked and just enjoyed each other's presence.

"When do you leave?" Jungkook asked locking eye contact with me. I was going to miss him more than he thinks I would. He was my everything and even though I learned how not to show it, he meant the world to me. I was going to miss our inside jokes, our weird conversations, we knew each other so much. He was my first ever best friend and now I was leaving him for a few years.

"I'm leaving next month." I said quietly. Everyone sighed and I bit my lip, trying not to cry. Obviously that didn't work out once my tears started spilling out of my eyes. Tia sent me a reassuring smile and hugged me.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much." I cried before everyone hugged me.

 

We spent every single moment with each other. From the moment I woke up by the time my head touched my pillow, we were together. We never talked about me leaving but the longer we spent together the more I knew we were going to be left hurt after. I told myself that we would see each other again soon but that would be years after. I hoped it would be sooner than I expected.

It was finally that day where I would watch my friends cry. The day I left my friends for a couple of years. We stood in front each other in tears. 

"I'll miss you guys badly." I said wiping my tears. We all nodded and went in for a group hug. They told me we would meet again, we would be reunited, we would be together again and I knew it was true. It just wasn't going to be the same again.

When we pulled away, I told everyone what I wanted to tell them before I left. I made them cry with my words and our last hug for a while until it came to Jungkook.

"You were my first true best friend." I began. He nodded and smiled. "I'm so thankful for you to be a part of my life. Thank you for the special memories. I want to tell you something before I go though." Before I could say it he hugged me and I felt a tear wet my back.

"I love you, Eunmi." He whispered in my ear. I was shocked. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Did he just say that? He loves me? It felt unreal but it was happening.

"I love you too, Jungkook." I cried. We pulled away and he kissed me. He kissed me. I heard the boys and Tia gasp then felt their eyes locked on us.

We pulled away and smiled. I felt like something has been lifted off my shoulders. The world seemed happier and everything became lighter. I couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't decide if I was supposed to be happy or sad but I knew after this, I knew I had something I had to wait for but if I kept being sad, it was going to take forever.

"We'll see each other soon. Promise me you'll wait for me?" I said and held out my pinky. He smiled, nodded then wrapped his pinky around mine before hugging me again.