Chapter 3: Rash Decisions

The Great Escape [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Morning Mr Im, here for the weekly jabs?"

I bow as the fatherly figure steps into the room.

Mr Im is in his labcoat again. He looks really drained and tired, as if he's just awoken from the dead. His eyes are surrounded by dark circles, his face is a ghostly, pale colour and his hair is all dishevelled and messy. He must be having hard days in the lab. But he still makes it a point to come down. He stands by the corner, busily preparing some fluids and some serums. I watch closely as he skillfully plunges the needles into Soyeon's arms and empties out the contents. I cringe inwardly as I see the liquids quickly disappear under the plunger.

Mr Im remains quiet, working silently as a mouse as he checks the heart rates, checks the different blood levels and whatnot. He pens some of the results down on a clipboard and sighs as he looks at the results.

"No chance is there?" I quip, eager to know whether her condition will change.

He remains silent for a few seconds before turning to me.

"Not really, son. But there is something I wanted to discuss with you."

My ears perk up at this, and my posture becomes more rigid.

"Soyeon... doesn't have a lot of time left. The doctors and I don't think she'll be waking up anytime soon. There are two possibilities- she will either take years to wake up, or she may possibly... pass. We're very unfamiliar with this type of coma, it's a rare case."

I swallow as the tears th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter