Status: Advance

Junjin High, Academy for the Elite

“So you’re, Choi Haneul. Well, welcome. I’ll be your homeroom teacher and house father , Kim Jeung Hoon. So you come from Japan… but Korean?” I nod my head, “Interesting… you’ll be lodging in dorm A, room 23. And you’re classes will be starting once you put your things in your room. Any questions?” He took his eyes away from my paper work and looked up at me who standing by his desk.

“Y-yes… school starts that soon? I don’t even have my uniform.” I asked wide eyed, usually wouldn’t they give you a day to get settled in?

“This is an elite school. Like our motto ‘The world is a battle field, and we at Junjin High School will advance; divide and conquer!’” he said this with a smile on his face! I flinched at his word… that’s a school motto?! “Your uniform should be waiting for you in your room. Anything else?”

“Um… how is the lodging situated?” I asked.

“Every dorm building has a main lobby, kitchen, dinning room, a study with cubicles, and living room. Each floor is shared amongst five students, it includes two bathrooms and each student gets their own room with a closet. House keeping comes around once a week but if you need to do your own laundry there are laundry rooms in the dorm buildings as well. Breakfast and dinner is served in the dorms but lunch is served in the cafeteria on school days. And the whole campus has wireless internet.” He handed me some papers, “Here’s maps of the campus and school building, student handbook, your student ID, and your schedule. The ID is your key card throughout the school. Now if you have no other questions, go put your stuff away and get to class.” I nodded, thanked him, and made my way to my dorm.

I looked at the school map and was amazed; this school had a tennis court, swimming pool, horse ranch, a giant auditorium and library, it had a huge cafeteria and courtroom. If this is what the campus has I wonder what’s in the actual school building!
Finding the dorm wasn’t as hard as I thought because Mr. Kim circled the dorm with a red sharpie. When I reached Building A the doors wouldn’t open. I knocked on the doors and peeked in but all the students seemed to be in class. Then my eyes fell upon a small black box attached to the doors. I looked at the ID card that now hung on my neck by a lanyard. I examined it; it had my name, grade, class, a photo that my dad sent in the day after he cut my hair, and ‘status: advance’. I didn’t understand that last part but I was too preoccupied. Wait a sec… he said key card! I touched the card to the black box. As the red light turned green I heard the door unlock. Wow this is a real advanced school.

I walked in, the inside looked bigger than the outside somehow. Everything Mr. Kim said seemed to be there but I had no time for exploring. I made my way to the fourth floor where my room was (top floor; according to my math there would be twenty students lodging in this one building and one teacher.). As I reached my floor I ran straight for my room, according to my schedule the next class started in ten minutes. I opened my door and what I saw took my breath away; it was a medium sized room with a twin size bed but it had a desk and with my very own computer complete with a dresser and mirror closet. Tears started to form in my eyes, I’ve never had my own room or a bed not even to mention a computer or a dresser; my dad and I never had enough money for those things and we would move around so much I wouldn’t even bother to take my clothes out of my bag. I quickly came to my senses though and changed into the uniform that was laid out on my bed, tightening the bandages around my chest in the process, and ran to school building.

I was walking around looking at the map of the school building when I bumped into a couple of guys on accident.

“Hey, watch where your going!” one of the guys said as he brushed his uniform.

“S-sorry… um, can you guys show me where this class is?” I pointed to my schedule.

“Wow, you are new! First of all we base the school buildings off of the status that you’re in then there is where you’ll find you’re classes. Here let me check your ID,” he grabbed my ID card off my chest. I froze, ‘Hey, where do you think you’re grabbing!’ His eyes grew round. He turned to his friend and mouthed ‘advance’ which his friend also grew shocked. Right then the bell rang and they started to walk away.

“Hey, wait, so where do I go?” I said in panic.

“Go to the top floor!” they called back to me as they disappeared around the corner of the hall. I ran up to top floor and found the room labeled ‘homeroom’ and knocked on the door.

“Come in,” Mr. Kim said. I took a big breath to collect myself, opened the door, and walked in. All eyes turned to me except the guy staring out the window in the back. “Welcome. Class this is our new student, Choi Haneul, he just came form Japan, everyone make him feel welcome.”

“Hi, I’m Choi Haneul, I hope we can all get along.”

Mystery Student POV

S-Sooyoung?

~~*
Oooohh! Who’s the mystery guy? Well next chapter introduces everyone else so subscribe^^ and comments are much obliged!!!