Arrival

The Day of the Storm

(Mei pov)

The entire time on the plane I could not keep still. I feel so bad for the guy next to me he looked scared enough when I sat next to him. I have to admit, I don't look like one of those pretty girls in the magazines and people tend to get surprised at the fact I am asian yet I have blue eyes and white hair. That is why my bangs are covering my eyes a lot of the time so I basically look like a ghost, my pale completion doesn't help but what's a girl to do? 

I was just calming down when a pretty lady announced our arrival. Oh shoot I'm nervous. I could feel cold sweat on my brow and my hand was trembling. What if my grandfather didn't like me? What if he blames me for the incident all those years ago that caused my parents death? 

"Come on mei breath" I chanted to myself. What does it matter if he likes me or not? I have lived this long without him so i can survive. 

I'm about to leave the airport. But somehow I feel light all of a sudden I look outside the window and I feel like I'm calling down. It is lightly raining outside.

I love the rain. 

A small smile forms on my lips without me knowing. The rain always gives me strength everytime there was a storm or anything I would watch in awe of its beauty. 

"Ok I can do this!"

*4 hours later*

"Ok. this is where I'm supposed to meet him." I look at the small café in a town surrounded by mountains and trees. 1 train ride and 3 buses later I finally made it. 

"Excuse me, are you mei?" A cold voice made be turn around. I looked up and saw a middle aged man under a black umbrella 

"y-yes I'm mei sir" a small gust of wind blew and my bangs blew out of my eyes and the old man looked at me, for a fraction of a second he looked surprised but his lips went back to a thin line.

" that colour is...rare" he looked at me with a icy glare 

who the hell was this dude? He didn't look old enough to have a granddaughter. And rare?! I'm not a collectable you jerk I'm a human. My brain went into overload but if I learnt one thing from that stupid orphanage it was that talking back wouldn't be a good choice.

I stared at him in question. This man is strange. 

I don't know if it's good strange or bad strange yet. But somehow I think it's the second option.