凡人的降临

My Inner Angel & Devil

31st June 2014

“Ma… I promise I’ll do better next year! I-I’ll buck up during this term break-

“Lu. Han.” My mother sternly said. “You will be a man of honour and keep to that promise, because a B for all your Science subjects and a C for both your elementary and advanced mathematics will not be enough to guarantee you a place in Seoul University. I’m sure you know this.”

“I know. I should be getting A’s. I’ll review what went wrong now and plan a study schedule for the holidays.” I said, with a hint of helplessness and frustration in my tone, while my face was completely blank – kinda like my brain, right?

My mother accepted this with a nod. She was considered quite kind this time, since she had actually allowed me to take control of how I study. With a sigh of relief, I dragged my heavy and tired body to my room.

That day, I cried. In desperation, in darkness, in desolation.

I wasn’t ever enough. I wasn’t smart enough, I wasn’t determined enough, and I wasn’t… who I dreamed of being.

I hated myself.

 

And I guess, that’s how it all started.

I threw myself away, and I would never, ever get it back.

 

I stopped caring, I stopped controlling. I let it take over me.

 

 

Author's Note: Hello there, so I decided to just post drabble-length chapters and I decided to use Chinese characters as my titles because... why not? xD not to worry though, I will provide the translation here, at the end of each chapter! ^^ I hope you liked reading this chapter, stay tuned for more, I should hopefully be uploading a new one every day now. ;)

 

《 凡人的降临 》-> The Average Man's Downfall