Let's be friends

Me, Her and her Boyfriend

Let’s be friends

 

Or better not...

 


 

You wanna meet today to start with The Lion King? (*⌒▽⌒*)θ~♪

I can't wait to start working with you (ノ≧∀≦)ノ

Jaehwani~

 

 

Heedo felt as if he had just received a message from his non-existing girlfriend. How could a guy use so many emojis? Heck, Jaehwan was supposed to be the older one, why was he behaving like a 5-year old girl and why would he call himself „Jaehwani“? What was this all about? Was he making fun of Heedo? Was that his purpose... Was he writing as if he was talking to a little child?

 

"Heedo? You're okay?“, Jimin asked. Somehow she always ended up next to him. Not that Heedo minded, Jimin was nice and she talked a lot. Something he himself didn’t do all too often. „Sure.", was all he answered, wondering why she would even ask that and as if she sensed his questioning gaze the girl pointed to the crumbled up paper in his left hand. It were the notes he had just taken. “Oh...", Heedo pondered over his own actions. He hadn't even noticed, well thanks to that guy he was now not only in a foul mood but also needed to copy those once more.

 

Heedo noticed Jimin still staring at him as if she was trying to figure him out, but he only shook his head and waved it off before he continued watching the professor upfront. Well, at least he tried to, but Jaehwan’s message continued mocking him in the back of his head. Was he seriously making fun of him? Treating him like a toddler… Maybe he was well aware of his feelings for his girlfriend, Heedo feared.

 

He heaved a sight before letting his head fall on the table. He was doomed, seriously he had no right to even approach Youngji. She was taken after all. So how could he be mad at Jaewhan even if he mocked him. If someone would make a move on his girlfriend, he would probably do the same... Okay… maybe not because he would feel bad afterwards, but still.

 

Just then the bell freed him of those devastating thoughts. „Heedo, do you want to grab lunch together today?“, Jimin asked when they started to leave the lecture hall. He thought about it, maybe it was better if he wouldn't meet Youngji today. "Sure let's go.“- “Yeah, get-together with Heedo.“, Choa said, having listened in to their conversation but Jimin immediately turned around to her. "Didn't you have.... stuff to do?“, she asked obviously hiding something, yet Heedo didn't want to interfere so he just continued his way out, deciding to wait there for the others.

 

What he hadn't expected though was Youngji standing right outside the room. He tried to not pay attention to her and just looked towards the ground as if he hadn't seen her yet but when he felt a hand on his shoulder, he had no other chance but to look up only to see his crush looking worriedly at him. "Are you okay Heedo? You don't look to well.“, she asked him, her voice full of concern and Heedo felt bad that he made her worry for no reason. He didn't say anything, rather couldn't say anything. "Are you maybe ill? You shouldn't come if you are not feeling good.“, she scolded him, putting her hand to his forehead to check his temperature. "I am fine, don't worry.“, Heedo said looking flustered to the ground.

 

"Heedo! Let's go eat!“, came Jimin’s voice as she left the room in search for him. When she had reached the two, she stood protectively next to Heedo. "Ah, right let's get something to eat. Are the others coming as well?“, Heedo asked, taking a step back from Youngji. "No, they have stuff to do." Before they went off Jimin bowed to Youngji. She said her goodbye to her in a friendly manner, making the mentor return it with a smile while still looking worriedly at Heedo, who had somewhat mumbled his goodbye to her.

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

"Benji!? Benji are you even listening?“, someone shouted directly in his ear, making him snap out of his thoughts. J-Hoon was almost worriedly looking at him. The younger only heaved a sigh and started shoveling food into his mouth as if it could take his pain away. "I am fine.“, he said somehow between chewing and swallowing his lunch. Never had the others seen someone eat this fast. They were afraid he would choke on something and might die, it was a possibility, you never knew with Benji. "Yah! Where are your manners! Don't speak and eat at the same time. Minpyo, a little help, please.“, their team leader tried but it was useless the second oldest just continued stuffing his face as if in trance.

 

"Hyung, are you okay? Did something happen?“, Gunmin asked then and immediately knew he had hit bull’s eye when Benji abruptly stopped. "Hyung, talk to us, maybe we can help.“, Gunmin tried. But Benji just continued eating as fast as before. The three looked at each other knowing they needed to do something. This was Benji they were talking about after all and Benji was never upset, especially not this much.

 

"Yah! Pabo! Where were you!? I was waiting for you just to notice that you already went ahead without me!“, Eunjung shouted as she suddenly approached the table. That was when she saw the other three people next to her friend. "Oh, I am sorry. I didn't want to be rude. J-Hoon, Minpyo and Gunmin, right? Glad to meet you again.“, she said before she pushed Benji along the bench so that he would make some space for her. He did move aside but rather unwillingly as Eunjung had to push some more so that she would fit between Benji and Minpyo.

 

"Why are you here?“, Benji suddenly asked, catching Eunjung off guard. She looked bewilderedly at him. "What do you mean, why am I here? Why wouldn't I be here? Or do you have some kind of meeting? Should I leave?“, she asked him not understanding his intentions. "Nooo, don't worry we-“, Gunmin started but was soon interrupted. "Shouldn't you be with you boyfriend…", Benji said rather quiet. "We actually need to go now we have stuff to prepare. See You." Minpyo continued, already sensing the tension in the air. "But I don't have anything-“, J-Hoon started only to be dragged away by the two others.

 

It was quiet for a second, Benji sulking over his food, now only picking in what was left over. "I told you he is not my boyfriend. Why do we have to talk about this again? What is wrong with you Benji?“, she asked sounding mad. "Well that sounded different when you agreed to his offer.“, Benji answered still not looking at her and rather watching his food. Eunjung heaved a sigh. "I want to learn from him really, nothing more. I mean we will probably just go eat something and become friends, nothing else will happen. Why are you being like this?" Eunjung continued. Benji on the other hand kept quiet. "Are you jealous that I will spent more time with him?“, Eunjung asked after some minutes of silence. "Me and jealous!? As if!" Benji found his voice. "As if you would spent more time with him than with me!" His outburst made Eunjung laugh, as he was finally behaving like himself again. After she had agreed to Jeonguk’s condition, Benji had only stated his disapproval and then left. Throughout the whole day she had noticed how he avoided her and truth be told she wasn't really fond of that. "Don't get to full of yourself!“, she mocked him, slapping him on the back of his head as if that would get him off his high horse. "I was just worried! I don't like him so much. He seems odd to me. I don't want him to hurt you. You know how those guys are.“, he said, at least trying to make her see this Jeonguk guy in a different light. Eunjung only laughed at his weird behavior. She would definitely be seeing Jeonguk, Benji couldn't stop her from that but it was sweet of him to be worried, even though he had a special way of showing that.

 

Benji still saw Eunjung slipping through his hands like sand through an hourglass. He knew he needed to do something. Hakyeon and Jeonguk both had the advantage of Eunjung admiring them. Still, he didn't get why she wasn't fancying Benji at all. He was great, he had everything. He could make her laugh and he could dance just as good as this Jeonguk guy. Heck, he was even better looking than both of them. He needed to finally win her affection and get it over with!... there was only Heedo he didn't consider. The poor guy was after all also in love with her. Maybe if she would kindly reject him, Heedo would get over it and find someone else.

 

"Earth to Benji! Are you still here?" Eunjung asked because Benji had become a statue lost in thoughts. He snapped out of it and grabbed Eunjung’s wrist to drag her along. "Come on let's get outside, classes are over for us anyway. So let's do something!“, Benji said. Eunjung laughed again and let herself be dragged away. When Benji slowed down Eunjung swung an arm around his shoulders. “You know you're my favorite and regarding Jeunguk, don't worry about it. I have only eyes for Hakyeon, anyway.“, Eunjung daydreamed.

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

"Heedo! Wait up!" someone shouted, just when Heedo went through the hallway after his last lecture for the day. When he turned around he recognized Jaehwan running after him. As soon as Heedo was within his reach he put all his weight on the younger one, catching his breath before even being able to speak. Heedo was already annoyed. Was he his personal supporter or what? Why did he run anyway? As if Heedo would have run away…

 

"You didn't answer my message. Do you have time today?“, Jahwan asked. He had been right, Heedo intentionally forgot about the message. He really was in no mood to spent time with Jaehwan. He would rather prepare his evaluation alone. He’d just tell the older one what to do and that would be it. Heedo really didn't want to spent any unnecessary time with Jaehwan. "Ah, I am really sorry, Jaehwan. I just forgot, I am sorry.“, Heedo apologized, bowing to him at the same time. He might have done this on purpose, but a part of him still felt bad for it.

 

Jaehwan only laughed. "No worries, that's why I came looking for you and luckily you didn't run away. So then let's go! I know this super cute coffee shop where we can go to. They serve the best tarts in the whole city. I swear!“,  Jaehwan said enthusiastically while grabbing Heedo’s arm and dragging him along, leaving no space for any protest.

 

When they stepped into the cafe Heedo was glad that it looked rather average. Because with Jaehwan he couldn't be too sure where he would take him to. For a second he was afraid the older one would drag him into that Hello Kitty coffee shop. Instead they went to a normal one with a wooden theme and an all in all calm aura. Heedo could actually enjoy it there.

 

"Find a place to sit! I will order for us. You don't like coffee, right? Of course you don’t, you’re a freshman after all.“, Jaehwan answered his own question as if mocking himself for forgetting such a fact. Heedo was left standing at the entrance and again he felt treated like a toddler. So what was he going to get? A hot chocolate while Jaehwan would sip on his coffee? This all couldn't get any worse so he just wanted to get it over with.

 

Heedo found a place in the corner of the establishment a little more isolated from the rest, he preferred it that way. He couldn't be too sure what Jaehwan was capable of. The elder soon returned with a small tray, seeming lost first but he quickly discovered Heedo alone in the corner. Most of the tables were occupied by couples anyway so he hadn't had to search for too long. "I got us both triple hot chocolates. They are amazing here and I wasn't sure what kind of tarts you like so I just picked some. Dig in!“, Jaehwan told him, already sipping at his drink. Heedo could barely believe this guy. Was he serious? He must play some kind of sick joke with Heedo just to mock him, but then again wasn't that a bit over the top? "Thanks Jaehwan.“, Heedo mumbled somewhat calmly not fully understanding the situation yet. "Oh. Call me Hyung.“, Jaehwan offered  and immediately continued eating.

 

If Heedo was supposed to call him Hyung then the other one should start acting like one first, he wanted to protest but kept his mouth shut as soon as the thought appeared. Instead he decided to just play along, he just had to endure all this until Friday then it was over anyway. So he just started sipping on his own drink, the sweetness of it making him scrunch up his face in disgust. "Here eat!”, Jaehwan said and reached out one of the tarts. After the sugar rush from the drink Heedo didn't even want to try the sweets.

 

While they were just sitting there and eating Jaehwan was seemingly having some serious verbal diearrhoea and with every passing second Heedo felt more and more uncomfortable. This didn't feel like some get together to study, it felt just plain wired. Jaehwan was trying to encourage Heedo to eat more throughout the whole time. He had even tried to feed him but the younger one had refused strictly. He didn't know this person too well, moreover he didn't even like this person. Yet here he was. Heedo just wanted to go home, he felt like wasting his time.

 

“Hyung, about the evaluation…", he finally started and Jaehwan just finished the last bit of his tart, pushing the plate aside. "Ah yeah, that's what we are here for after all, right? Youngji told me you have to do the Lion King, right?“, Jaehwan asked eventually seeming more serious. “Yeah, that's correct.“, Heedo answered. "So how about we do a scene from the musical? You can sing, right? I mean… if you made it into the academy.“, the older one continued. "Well, rather than singing I rapped and made it in like that.“, Heedo answered sheepishly.

 

Jaehwan nodded and then grabbed pulled out a laptop from his bag to present Heedo some scenes they could do from the musical. He had already prepared the music sheets and lyrics for each and everyone even though in the end they would do only one of those. Heedo was impressed how well prepared Jaehwan was and also how serious he had become in the matter of seconds. It was as if a different person was sitting in front of him.

 

"If you rap, then you can just chose a scene you would like to do and we could divide the parts. Then you just need to write your own rap.“, Jaehwan figured after showing him all the clips he had on his laptop. In the beginning Heedo had wanted to do the scene in which Scar killed Mufasa so badly just so that Jaehwan would be Mufasa and he was able to kill him as Scar. But after seeing and hearing all the different scenes he rather wanted to do the one with the two lion cubs. It seemed like a lot of fun to act and it definitely fitted Jaehwan. The song was more upbeat as well so that he could rap well to it. "Let's do the cub scene.“, Heedo announced his thoughts. "Oh really. I wouldn't have thought you choose this one. So it be!“, Jaehwan cheered, seeming rather happy about the younger’s decision. "Such a cute dongsaengiiiii!”, he almost squeaked while pinching into Heedos cheeks.

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

"Benji, where are we going?“, Eunjung asked still unsure about their destination. "We are going to somewhere really special! So be patient and don't act like such a spoiled brat. We are almost there anyway.“, Benji answered, not letting his concentration waver since he was driving the car. Eunjung next to him only pouted almost regretting her decision of letting Benji take her along. If he was behaving like that she would have rather stayed at home.

 

After another ten minute she finally saw their destination. "Are you serious? Such a fuss just because we are going to the shopping mall?" The girl had thought he would take her to some special place but instead it was just their average mall where they went to on a weekly basis. "Yah! It is a special place, okay?!“, Benji almost shouted next to her. "Whatever you say…", Eunjung only mumbled back.

 

They two of them entered the mall and strolled through different shops. Eunjung entering almost every second store just because one item caught her eye. Benji on the other hand just let her drag him along. They goofed around with different items. Most of the time Eunjung was giving him stuff to try on, things she knew would look horrible on him. Benji eventually got what she was doing and threw one tantrum after another, but Eunjung figured it was worth the trouble just because he looked hilarious.

 

When they had entered a rather hip hop like store, she even made him try one baggy clothes. It was way too adorable seeing Benji in such huge clothes which didn’t fit him at all, she just couldn’t resist to squish his cheeks. "Ohhh has little Benji lost his way? So adorable, you look like a too grown toddler.“, she claimed still not letting go of his cheeks. "I will lose my patience if you don't stop anytime soon.“, the guy warned her, squishing her cheeks back.

 

The scene itself was ridiculous as both of them were holding onto the other’s cheeks, angry scowls on their faces trying to make the other one submit. In the end none of the two was willing to give up, so Benji decided to call it a tie and both started laughing as soon as they had let go. After that little fight, they went on strolling through the wall, Eunjung stopping for clothes she liked herself.

 

“Benji, look! What do you think, can I wear this?" Eunjung was holding up a summer dress asking her best friend for advice. Of course she could wear it, there was nothing she couldn’t wear, Benji thought. In the end Eunjung took it and went to the changing rooms, letting Benji wait in front of it. “Bennjjiiiii...", Eunjung suddenly whined, making the boy stand up and rush towards her in a hurry. "Can you get me a different size? Pleaasee?“, She pleaded and of course the other one went on about it immediately.

 

"Arghhh so many clothes... they all look the same! What the…?! Which dress was it again?“, he ended up in confusion and wondered aloud. As soon as he found the dress he just picked different sizes, already having forgotten which Eunjung had asked for. No matter how much she would scold him for the wrong sizes, Benji was just happy. Happy to finally spend another day with Eunjung just like they had used to before two certain male individuals had ruined everything. Eunjung and Benji had been so close, still were. But why did she fall for this Hakyeon guy and why did she have to meet Jeonguk? At least the later wasn't a real threat for Benji, he thought.

 

"Eunjung I got-" Benji started but stopped when he saw Eunjung on her phone in front of the changing room. "Ahhh yeah, of course. That's what I promised after all... Sure... I can't wait... Yeah, It's going to be awesome... Me too... See you tomorrow.“, Eunjung spoke and hung up, Benji standing in front of her in silence like being ordered and never been picked up.“Who was that?“, Benji asked straight foreword. Eunjung just grabbed the dresses he had brought and went into the changing room again. "Oh. That was just Jeonguk. He’s taking me to the amusement park tomorrow."

 

 

♤♡♢♧

 

 

Heedo and Jaehwan were still in the cafe and the more the two worked together the more Heedo actually started to like Jaehwan. When it came to work the other one was concentrating and diligent. He helped Heedo with his rap and his acting seemed to be quiet good as well. The younger was really impressed and even though he would never admit it he deeply admired his rival at the moment. Not only for his hardworking features, but also for his unbelievable sweet voice. Since they were still in a public place they couldn't sing and rapped too loud and kept rather quiet but the little samples the elder was giving were enough to sweep Heedo away. He could only imagine how awesome that voice was if released fully.

 

"Do you want anything else to drink, hyung? I am gonna get something.“, Heedo asked when he was just about to stand up. "Yeah please, I would love to get another one of these.“, the elder answered after singing something along the lines of ‚Why are you so tasty~‘. Through out the whole day Jaehwan had stuck to the triple hot chocolate only once getting a lemonade which seemed just as sweet and Heedo wondered how one person could consume that much sugar on one evening. Maybe that explained his weird behavior.

 

When he walked towards the counter, something even weirder happened. The coffee shop had become quite full and almost all tables were occupied. All around them girls with their friends seemed to be sitting and as Heedo went on, they all turned towards him and started giggling and whispering stuff to each other. Some even pointed towards Jaehwan who still remained on his place. Heedo didn't think much about it and just went on ahead.

 

Before he even arrived at the counter the cashier had already seen him and as he had ordered the exact same items the last three times Heedo didn’t even need to say a single word to place an order. "Let me guess,…", She started. "One Sparkling water for you and another triple hot Chocolate for your boyfriend?“, the young woman behind the counter assumed, smiling kindly and Heedo automatically agreed, not really paying attention to what else she had said. "Such a special but cute couple.“, she almost squealed affectionately. Only now he caught what she actually thought of them. Was she seriously thinking that…? But why?! What had he done wrong to give of such a weird impression? How could anyone think he would fall for that thing and after all both of them were boys.

 

"Aeh,.. No we are not…", Heedo corrected her, sounding a bit more salty than intended. "Oh! So you are not a couple?“, the barista asked surprised and Heedo was glad that she believed him immediately. That saved him a lot of trouble. He shook his head telling her that they weren't an item - which was ridiculous to begin with. "Ahhh, okay. But don't worry I am 100% sure he feels the same way just go confess to him! I can see it in his eyes.“, she continued her inanely assumption and gave him his drinks after he had paid for them. "No that's not what I-", "No excuse! I want to see you walking out that door hand in hand. Now go!“, the woman almost yelled at him and Heedo wanted to protest again but decided to just take the drinks and leave. Now he understood what the other girls on their table were fussing about. This was definitely the worst day in a long long time.

 

"Heedoiii~ I think were finished, right? Lets stop here, we have everything planned out and only need to practice and that's it. We can do that tomorrow.“, Jaehwan said seemingly having enough of all the work. "But why did I get the drinks then?“, Heedo asked rather lost. Jaehwan giggled. Heedo had never seen a grown man giggling, not even Benji would do that and Benji did a lot of embarrassing things. “Aww, such a cute maknae~ Don't you want to join our evaluation group ?“, he said and pinched once again into the others cheek.

 

How - just how?! - could Youngji date this guy?! How could she do that? How could she handle him?! Heedo wanted to tear out all his hair. He wanted to stomp on Jaehwan’s belongings, he wanted to punch the other just so he would finally get it together again. He was a grown man! Why did he behave like a 5 year old!? And on top of that treat Heedo like a baby?!

 

"Heedoooiiii!", Jaehwan tried to get his attention. "Can you please stop calling me that?!“, the younger hissed. "But you are so adorable, it fits you so much! I already have a special place for you in my heart.", "I am sorry, what did you just say?!“, Heedo asked bewilderedly, causing Jaehwan to laugh loudly. "See that is what I like about you!“, he explained. Heedo felt so misplaced, he just wanted to get home and go to sleep so that he could forget all of this nonsense. Forget about that weirdo in front of him and his girlfriend who deserved much better. But even though Heedo definitely didn't like Jaehwan, the other hadn't exactly done anything to gain any hatred and that made it all even more complicated. Heedo had given up, he couldn't even figure the other out. He let his head fall and rest on the table for the second time that day. But as soon as his head had hit the surface his mobile phone started ringing.

 

"Heedo? Heedo are you there? I need your Help. It's really urgent!"

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Okay, while I am indeed rooting for Jaeji I have to admit that I also have a soft spot for Heeji, like the poor guy is just too kind to be good OTL BUT I will never go against Benjung! Yes, we all know Benji is a walking disaster but he has good intentions. He just has problems in expressing what he is really feeling ~ the most important thing right now is though the bromance starting between Jaehwan/Heedo! Aren't they adorable? I want to write more of these moments, it's just so much fun to have Heedo, who is trying to be oh so mature for Youngji, reacting to her boyfriend and his world of sunshine, rainbows and cotton balls =3 also poor Heedo, everyone is misinterpreting his love interest XD

- mr_johnnie