Yoona's (Weird) Hobby

Hands Like Magnet

Yoona’s (Weird) Hobby

In which Im Yoona’s hobby is not only writing fan fiction, but also writing fan accounts because, hey, trolling shippers is a fun activity.

 

Yoona was an avid YulSic shipper, although she wasn’t so open about it (in the dorm, at least). She’d written so many fan-accounts and fan-fiction about the two members that were scattered all over the internet. At first it was all for the s and giggles (i.e. trolling the fans on the internet), but over time she began to sincerely ship them.

It was wrong, she’d figured somewhere along the way, but it was fun. And what’s the use of living when you can’t have fun? She wasn’t Seohyun, for heaven’s sake. (Making sure Seohyun was having fun was another story.)

“Yoong unnie, you’re going to damage your eyes if you glue your face to the screen for too long,” Seohyun reprimanded. It was always like that on Sundays: they were free; everyone else hung out outside, Yoona faced her laptop from dawn to dusk, and Seohyun reminding her to be a decent human being.

“Okay Seohyunnie, I’ll be right out just save me a seat,” she said without even looking at the maknae.

That fateful day Seohyun broke the routine.

“What’s so fascinating anyway that you stay in this room all day?”

She walked towards the edge of the bed Yoona was sitting on, and parked her next to her unnie. She looked at the screen, and smiled, amused.

“You know manager oppa says not to take those things that the fans write seriously, don’t you?”

Yoona finally lifted her gaze to look at the younger girl.

“This is different, Seohyunnie,” she said. “I’m actually writing one.”

“… What?”

“It’s fun…”

“Unnie, you really need to get out and enjoy life.”

Yoona’s eyes widened, her eyebrows furrowed.

“Hey, I’m supposed to say that to you—gosh, okay, stop hitting me I’ll go out and enjoy life.”

But she almost died of a heart attack when she opened the door. There they were—the source of her feels, on the couch facing the television, feeding each other what seemed to be macaroni and cheese.

Yoona clutched her chest and fell on her knees.

“Unnie?”

No response.

“I take it you ship them both…”

Yoona could merely nod.

“All… my… feels…”

Sooyoung, who was passing by, looked at her food-thieving-comrade and smiled.

“Kids,” she said, shaking her head, with a contradicting approving look.

“Wait… unnie…” Yoona muttered, her body now lying fully on the linoleum floor. “Save me… Sooyoung unnie…”

Worried, she rushed to the kitchen and back, and shoved a fried chicken thigh into Yoona’s mouth. “Is that better?”

“To some extent, yes, thank you,” she whispered.

Yoona sat up and looked at the couch.

Her gaze met with Yuri and Jessica’s. The looks on their faces screamed ‘Yoona dear are you okay, come here to umma and appa’ (or at least that was how Yoona saw it).

“I’m okay, unnies, please keep on loving—I mean please keep on doing whatever you were doing,” she said.

 

*

 

“Yoong unnie pass me the spaghetti, please.”

Unnie.”

...

Yoona unnie.”

“Hey Yoong are you okay? Do you need to go to the ear doctor?”

“Taengoo unnie can I go to bed, please? I don’t feel too well,” Yoona said, making a pitiful face.

“Go ahead dear.”

Yoona entered the bedroom that she shared with Yuri, one half of the source of her exploding feels.

 

She turned her laptop on and sat on her bed.

“Yuri unnie fed Sica unnie… I have to make some kind of plot out of that,” she mumbled.

“I’d thought just as much.”

A calm, mature voice startled the second shikshin of the group. She flinched, and lifted her gaze only to meet Seohyun’s eyes.

“Oh, hey Seohyunnie.”

Seohyun, the ever-so-cute-and-cuddly-and-calm maknae, sat next to her unnie and looked at the computer screen.

“Maybe Sica unnie got jealous that Yuri unnie’s spent more time with you and then she fed the blonde with love and tenderness and care and there you go unnie, a coherent plot for a one-shot.”

Yoona smiled. The maknae was learning quickly, as she always did.

“I suppose you’re aware of the other ships?”

“What? YoonYul?”

Yoona’s smile turned into a grin, which didn’t go unnoticed by Seohyun.

“No, I look at her too much like a dad for me to ship myself with her. I was talking about the other publicly gay couples.”

“Taeyeon and Tiffany unnie haven’t announced their relationship to the public though…”

“Oh, yes, they have.”

“Really? I wasn’t aware of that.”

“You don’t really keep track of things that you consider unimportant.”

Seohyun chuckled.

“You know me, Yoong unnie.”

Yoona double-clicked on a Mozilla Firefox thumbnail and logged onto her blog—the blog where she’d gained so many friends to talk about her ships with; the blog where she’d gained so many followers; the blog where all her secrets were not.

Seohyun looked at the description of her unnie’s blog at the right-hand side of the screen.

Life of an adventurous rock that ships the YulSic, TaeNy, YoonHyun and SooSun (not in that order. It’s actually YoonHyun first).

“What’s this, unnie?”

The younger pointed to the part where it said “YoonHyun”.

Oh, crap.

Seohyun looked lower to the links section of the sidebar.

YoonHyun proof
Rainbow-vomit-inducing YoonHyun fics
Tear-inducing YoonHyun fics
Adrenaline-inducing YoonHyun fics

Other Couple proof
Other Couple fics

 

Then, in small print, under the contents of the blog, she read:

All contents are owned by The Adventurous Rock that Ships Royal Couples (YoonHyun FTW, baby) ™.
Please contact me at
[email protected] or [email protected] for content distribution permission.

 

With an amused smile that emphasized her beauty by the power of infinity, Seohyun looked at her unnie.

“So… you ship us, too?”

Of course, at that time, Im Yoona was too busy melting from the fiery dazzle of Seohyun’s smile (read: she was too busy building a coherent plot in her head for a decent one-shot she was going to write about them both) to register the question in her head.

 

 

 


 

 

So... this is just something I needed to get off of my chest, because I've been feeling guilty about putting YoonHyun in the tags and not actually writing any YoonHyun stuff.

I apologize.

Also, I have so many plot bunnies, but I don't know which couple I should write about next. Any suggestions?

:p

Now reading Linda Howard's Shadow Woman.

THAT BOOK IS GOOD

reading James Patterson's Private next.

and still looking for The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

and waiting for a paperback version of his Inferno.

ugh. life ;A;