Don't Say Goodbye

A Little Not Too Over You

Chun looked around in the apartment as he check the place for the last time.Sadness crept in his heart.This has been his home for the past four years of his life.This is like home away from home.He has so many happy memories in this place.Him and Ella shared so many nights together,the late night studies,the pizza fest in the middle of the night,the beer pong,the late football party,aand so many things.he felt like something is struck in his throat somewhere.

He went to check each room and the four rooms are all empty now,no furnitures,no beds and no clothes hanging anywhere.He went to see the bathroom that seems so silent now,not a drop of water can be heard.He slowly walked down from the stairs to the living room and yes even the living room is empty,no sofa,no more television to watch,and yes even the windows are bare now.Gone are the shades that they have a hard time hanging up and the curtains that Selina has insisted on hanging up.The whole aprtment is bare and empyty now.

"So,is everything  alright?" Jiro asked,as he stared at Chun and noticed the serious look in his face.

"Yeah,it all clean now.So you are going with Selina now?" Chun said.

"Yes,and Ella is going to drive you to the airport on her way home right?" Jiro said.

"Yes.I have a late flight.I'll meet my family in Los Angeles and then we'll go home from there." Chun said as he stared at him.Both man stared at each other.

"So this is goodbye for now.I hope you have a safe flight home.You take care of yourself." Jiro said.his eyes getting teary now.They embraced each other before they shed a tear ,they better say their goodbyes now.

"Send me an invitation when you get married." Chun said.

"I will,of course,you are gonna be my best man if ever." Jiro said.

Selina and Ella hugged each other as they wiped each other's tears."Write me and if you ever need to talk to somebody call me." Selina said as she looked at her best friend."Visit us in New York.Promise me Ella."

"Yes I promise you.I will visit you and Jiro in New York."  Ella said as Selina walk in the car and sat on the passenger side with Jiro.Jiro started the car as Chun and Ella watched them go...Both are teary to be apart from their friends.After a few minutes of staring at the back of their car.Ella looked at Chun...her own heart heavy and as if she will have a hard time in carrying on...

She took a deep breath."Are you ready?" Ella asked.

Chun stared at her,and nodded.They rode in the  car...both of them are painfully quiet on the way to the airport.Chun wanted to say alot of things to Ella.How is she going to say to her that his own heart is brweaking in letting her go? But he has to let her go.He can't be that selfish to keep her while he is a thousand miles away from her.If only there is other way to solve this problem...

"So you be careful in driving on the way home." Chun said."I am gonna miss you Ella,You have been a part of my stay here.I don't even know,how am i going to cope back home."

"Just don't say anything anymore Chun.I do understand.You don't have to explain it to me." Ella said."You said no promises,no commitment. I do understand. I am gonna miss you though." as she can't help the tears that fell on his cheeks.She stopped the car as Chun hugs her...until she quiet down...

"I will be alright. I am tough .I will live." Ella said.

"I know,I know. Fow what it is worth,I love you Ella,I really do love you more than anything else in this world.But I can't be selfish and keep you to myself.There is still alot of things out there for you." Chun said.

"I love you too Chun.Please take me with you.i don't care about other things.It is you that i love Chun.Take me with you." Ella said as she pleaded with him for the last time...Chun hugged her so tight,as if he never want to let her go,until she calms down.

"No goodbyes.This is not goodbye.We will see each other again.I promise you Ella.I will come back for you." Chun said as he kissed Ella on  the lips for the last time before he boarded the plane and waved his hand goodbye.....