Chapter 4 — This Can't Be

Opposites Attract 2 — Mind-Truck!

It was another peaceful Monday and everyone was going home from school. Or were they?

 

After classes, Sungjong immediately walked out the school. Jinah, however, was waiting behind the gates to see if Himchan would get out. Expectedly, he didn’t. Jinah sighed and continued to walk out, meeting up with the person she despised the most. She groaned and rolled her eyes.

Sungjong took a glance and furrowed his eyebrows in irritation; he folded his arms and continued walking. Now, they were walking side by side in the sidewalks. Jinah scoffed, “Will you go away?”

“Yah, I’m not walking with you to stalk you, little miss I-think-I’m-perfect. I’m… here to go home,” he muttered, getting a little hesitant as he remember this antic had already happened.

Jinah just gave him a look, but it slowly turned into a confused one, and a click on the tongue, “Then… go walk in the other sidewalk,” she paused partially when she had swore this was déjà vu.

Sungjong had the feeling to roll his eyes, “Fine!” he shouted, but still looking hesitant and anxious. Haven’t this happened before? He turned to the road and stepped down the sidewalk as Jinah cautiously watched him. She couldn’t help but be wary of her surroundings since she had remembered this same thing had happened before.

Suddenly a loud and nearing beep came to earshot and Jinah whipped her head to look left, seeing there was a car speeding up as Sungjong continued to walk over. Jinah gasped aloud, “LEE SUNGJONG!” she yelped, about to push him out of the way but it was too late; both of them were bumped into the car.

The two lied beside each other as people surround them. The only thing they had heard were shouts and panicking yelps and whispers. Also, a siren were into their hearing along with metal clicking as they were brought into stretchers. Slowly, Jinah opens her eyes but sees nothing but white. But soon enough, she sees a woman standing in front of her with a unreadable expression, “I told you.” She whispered.

Jinah gasped as if she was running out of air. Soon enough, she falls into a deep sleep.