Chapter 5 — Face ing Reality

Opposites Attract 2 — Mind-Truck!

Lulz; dun worreh, peoplezzz. cx It's just a dream. :D 


 

Jinah’s POV:

Well… that was a strange dream. What did it mean? And… I wonder who that old lady was. I’m sure I saw her from somewhere. But wait, I woke up and heard some crying, a woman crying. I slowly open up my eyes just to get attacked by the strong white light. Wait, where am I? If I was sleeping in my room, my pillow would be fluffy and comforting but… I don’t seem to be in my room right now. Plus, my head & body hurts so much.

Squinting my eyes, I slightly and try to turn my head without causing more pain, but I fail. To my left, I saw… a woman? Why was she crying? And… who was she? And… where am I?!

“Um…” I manage to mutter. Wait, why does my voice seem… different? Almost instantly, the woman shots her head up to look at me.

A gasp escapes her lips as she rush over to where I was lying, hugging me with all her might, “Oh my baby. You’re alright!” she wailed. Wait, baby? Who is this?!

I blinked at her behavior as I got curious, “E-Excuse me… but… who… who are you?” I got no response as the woman continued to sob as she run her fingers through my hair, which felt strangely short. From the corner of my eye, I saw a man walking towards us; “Uh…” he looked like… Sungjong’s father.

He sighed as pat my head once, “Are you alright, Sungjong-ah?”

Then I really got surprised. Why did he call me Sungjong? Can’t he tell I’m a girl?! I’m Kim Jinah. Is this some kind of prank?! “W-Who are you calling ‘Sungjong’?! I’m not him! Tell me where I am now and tell me why you people are doing this to me!” I yelled, clearly furious.

The frown on his face curved down deeper, “Sungjong, please… calm down.” How can I calm down!? They’re treating me as if I’m their son! S-Specifically Lee Sungjong. “You’re in the hospital after getting hit by truck. You were kind to push Jinah away but it was too late so you two got hit together instead.” He explained.

W-What? That was exactly what I dreamt of. Except… these people sound as if Sungjong pushed me.

When finally the woman, who I would guess as Sungjong’s mother, released me; I drifted my eyes down, I slowly lifting my hands and gazing at them. Wait… these… these aren’t my hands. Lifting them up more to my face, I feel them. Soft, smooth except… I don’t feel as if they’re mine.

I gulped, “W-Will…” I paused, fretting about my voice. It sounded squeaky and girly except… they sounded manlier to that, and my voice is barely near those descriptions. “Will you excuse me for a second?” I asked, looking away from their worried expressions.

“Do you want to go to the restrooms, son?” the man asked

I coughed at the nickname but held my grudge to ask them while I was furious inside. Instead, I nodded silently, still drifting my gaze at them.

I heard a sigh from the man and as I narrow my eyes at him, I saw him nod and back away as if to give me space to figure all this out. I thank him… but it’s not enough. I shifted out of the bed and slowly put my feet down, looking down at them. A slight and almost inaudible sigh escaped my lips as I realized… these weren’t my feet.

This is too much. This could be a dream. This… should be a dream. I pinched myself, hoping this was a nonsensical nightmare. But to my dismay & horror, it’s nothing but reality. I sighed; I guess I should face this. Face reality. Take in what the is actually happening. If I was in Sungjong’s body, I might as well sort my way to how this happened and… where my body was.

If Sungjong and I both got into the accident, then this might’ve well happened to him too! I turned my head to the couple who had been staring all along at me with the same expression of worry & sadness and asked them, “U-Umma… Ap-Appa…” I managed to word out. If I was in Sungjong’s body, I might as well get used to this. Only until, and hopefully, we figure something out.

They look up at me, still with the same expression. “Yes, darling?” the woman who I might as well address as ‘my mother’ called out.

“W-Where’s Jinah?” I stammered, it feels weird how I’m actually playing as if I was another person and… I’m contacting my real self where my soul really belonged to.

Seeing my indifferent look attached onto my face, they asked without any other matters, “Behind that curtain, son.” He whispered, pointing over to the curtain behind me.


 

Guess who's turning 14 todaaae. C: xD

Hope you liked this chapter. Next chapter will be funny. :D I hope. x3