001 : PRESENT DAY

Kingdom

Club Matrix, the place where everyone wanted to be. It wasn't any ordinary club where dry-ice smoke filled the room and colored lights flooded the dance floor. Even if it was a club, it had class to it; with the dim lighting fixed into the walls that surrounded the place, black leather booths. The club had a second floor where it was a lounge. A place seperate for those who only came for a good drink. The club was addressed for all ages, from teenagers and to those wealther men.

Yongguk always watched the passing crowd in front of him. He stood leaning against the bar, where usually he'd do this in his normal booth that was in the corner of the club, but that was being used at the moment by his best friend Himchan and his lady friend. It was the same night that he always had. The girls dressed in almost non-exsiting clothing flipping their hair around to the music, whilst the men swayed their hips. At first, it was a simple dream for a place where he could come and unwind from the world he lived. Club Matrix was a success that Yongguk never inteneded to happen. Endless amounts of girls would come to him during the nights flirting, and trying to make him dance with them. Yongguk had no interest. He never did.

"Gukkie, please come dance with me!" The girl in the red tight cocktail dress said in a cute tone.

Yongguk could tell that she was trying to get him to notice her but pressing her s together with her arms as she leaned in towards him. Yongguk never understood the purpose on why girls wear such unconfortable clothing. Yes, he could admit it showed off girls assest, but it wasn't preditable in his eyes. All he could ever think is if she needed to run away or fight back, she's screwed with that type of clothing and heels on.

"Come on.. Gukkie, please!" She batted her lashes

Yongguk glared with annoyance, "don't. Call. Me. That."

He yanked his arm free from her grip. The girl pouted. Yongguk didn't see the cuteness she was trying to show off. It just seemed desperate. The girl huffed, "fine. Your loss." her final words to him as she walked off.

"Hyung!"

Yongguk looked to see his little brother Zelo coming his way with a large smile on his face. It was strange for Yongguk to see Zelo this happy. "Are you ok--" Pausing as Yongguk could see Zelo's dilated eyes, "are you high?"

Zelo let out a chuckle, "maybe!"

Yongguk stared at his little brother in disbelief. "Are you stupid? You know that--"

"Well... She's not here is she. I can do whatever the hell I want."

"Zelo!" Yongguk raised his voice.

"What are you going to do about it anyway? Look at yourself. Look at what you've been doing and what you've become. Do you really think that she's impressed by your actions?" Zelo blurted

Yongguk gritted his teeth, he knew that this wasn't his little brother and it was the drugs that was talking but Yongguk couldn't help himself. Yongguk took a hold of Zelo's collar, but it wasn't all that intimidating since Zelo hovered over Yongguk. They both stared at each other.

Surprisingly there was a time when they could go more than 5 minutes without an argument stirring. It was a time when family was important, happy. It all changed once she died.

Yongguk couldn't look at Zelo anymore, shoving him back and walking off. "Yeah that's right walk away! That's what you're good at." Zelo shouted

 

The saddness Zelo wanted to get rid of so badly was rushing back. It was the day he hated the most, when he lost his older sister. She was suppose to be there every step of the way - seeing him grow up, be his best friend. She was the only one he really counted on next to his older brother, but even if he was around it seemed like he was gone too.

Zelo could only drown out his sorrows with consuming alcohol, and dancing with the girls around.

"Hey!" A deep voice came up from behind Zelo as he held a girl close to him as they dance.

"Hey!" A hand garbbed onto Zelo's shoulder and was yanked away from the girl falling back and spilling his drink all over him.

"Awe really?" Zelo wiped off the liquid off his shirt.

The next thing that Zelo could process was his shirt being grabbed onto by the man who pulled him off the girl. The guy was built, not as tall as Zelo was but muscular. Zelo had to look down at him, which lessned the inimdating factor.

"What can I do for you?" Zelo asked

"That's my girlfriend you are dancing with." The man said harshly

Zelo's eyes wondered over to the girl, and looked back with a smirk. "Oh really? She didn't mention you."

Anger grew within the guy clenching his fist closed and swinging it across Zelo's face. Zelo fell back holding onto the corner of his lip. It caught the surrounding attention.

The girl shrieked, "oppa!! Please don't do this we were just dancing!" She held onto her boyfriend arm.

"Yeah, oppa. We were just dancing." Zelo chuckled. No clear thought ran through his mind, making the situation worse.

More people gathered around watching. The guy swung his arm free from his girlfriend and headed back towards Zelo this time giving hims low blows to the abdomen. Zelo fell to his knees coughing. "You better stay the away from my girlfriend or I will kill you." The guy warned

Zelo laughed, "kill me then. Let's see you try."

The guy became annoyed. "Oppa, please. Leave him alone!!" The girlfriend cried standing in front of him.

The guy shoved her out of the way swinging his leg back. Zelo stared up at the guy anticipating for the kick to hit him in the chest but to his surprise someone stepped in front of him catching his leg.

Zelo looked up only seeing the back of the person who stood in front of him. Their hood was up and he couldn't see the face.

"What the hell?" The guy chuckled. His leg was caught in between the persons arm. "Protected by a girl? Honey, you shouldn't be protecting this scum bag. He doesn't know how to treat a girl properly."

Zelo furrowed his brows slowly pushing himself off the ground. His mind wondered on why a girl would help him out. Zelo watched her and what she did next astound him.

"And you think you know how to treat a girl right? You just shoved your girlfriend didn't you?" She spoke.

The man didn't know what to say. She slammed her arm down onto his knee cap, which made the guy fall to the ground holding onto his leg. She then whipped her fist across his face which made him collapse.

"You touch him again and I will break more than your knee. No one gets away with hitting him." She said angrily

Zelo froze in place not believing what he just heard. There was only one person in the whole entire worled that would say that. "W-who are you?" Zelo said lowly

She slightly looked back over her shoulder, but Zelo couldn't get a clear look of her face. Zelo reached out for her, "BREAK IT UP!" The security guards pushed their way through that crowd which distracted Zelo. Zelo looked back to see her hurrying off through the crowd.

Zelo couldn't fully process what just happened. Endless amounts of thoughts ran through his mind and he couldn't move his body. All that Zelo could do was stare at the man who laid before him. His girlfriend came to his aid, "what the hell?! She's a psycho!"

Something within Zelo snapped him out of his trance and began to make his way through the crowd. He hurried off in the direction where she went. "WAIT!" He shouted

She began to ran towards the entrance. Zelo stumbled across the dance floor. With the endless consumption of alcohol he was losing her. He ran out the front doors, but as he looked back and forth his head spun. Through the dim lighting of the street lights he could see a figure heading down the dark ally way.

"WAIT!!! DON'T LEAVE!" Zelo rushed down the ally way. He couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. The tears began to blur his vision. He could only hope that it was her. That it was his older sister.

Zelo finally caught up to the masked girl as she got into her car. She the headlights which made it hard for him to see through the window. He rushed over slamming his hands against the hood.

"Please. Stop! Noona, please!" He begged trying to get a good look. "I-I know it's you. Please don't leave me again!!" She backed away which Zelo rushed over to the side of her car. In the tight little space that she had in the ally way, she backed up spinning the car around and driving off. Zelo ran after the car, but he couldn't catch up. He fell to the ground slamming his fist into the cement screaming at the top of his lungs.

 

Zelo headed back. His name was being called out and looking up he could see his brothers coming his way, "Zelo are you alright?" Youngjae stopped to see that Zelo's eyes were red and watery. "What the hell happened?"

Zelo lowered his head and stuff his hands into his pockets. He shook his head not really wanting to talk to anyone. "I'm going home."

Walking away Yongguk took a hold of Zelo's arm tightly. Even if he didn't say a word Zelo knew that look. Yongguk was worried about his little brother.

"Let me go." Zelo said harshly, "it's not like you care anyway." He swung his arm free

"Zelo."

Zelo let out a smirk, "why? Why is it that you care now? She never stopped caring not for one second of her life. She always cared about all of you - even when she was mad, she was always there. Not like any of you. Stop pretending like you care and go on about your lives. Leave me alone."